Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    anyone know the status of Kupp? I know he left late in the game with a non contact injury
    Sounds like Kupp has a contusion and is expected to play. But likely won't be 100%

The Rams are a good matchup for us, especially since Goff can't throw the ball. Don't turn the ball over and this one shouldn't be a problem.

It should be interesting early to see how Goff can handle the ball. The difference in this game could be how he can handle the ball as that hand gets cold. I wonder if he makes the mistake and takes the temptation to wear a glove. That could come into play too. As we get to the later part of the second half should show how well he can perform with that hand. If his play drops towards the mid-second quarter it could be a problem because the 20-degree weather has gotten to this hand. He won't be able to keep his hand warm even with the half, it probably gets worse as the game goes.

Reports early state McVay doesn't know who is starting, but this doesn't make much sense. I know reports state Wolford may be available, but if he is LA's training staff needs to be fired, putting a person with a neck stinger out less than a week after the initial injury is reckless. That's a 2-week injury, I'm guessing he has a grade 1 stinger, but if you put Wolford out there and he gets hit wrong his neck is already weak. I can't imagine him being much more than a decoy. It's not really a matter of can I play through the pain like Kupp and Donald. I'm curious if they add another QB for emergency purposes.

If the Packers can contain the run and get out to a sizable lead by the half it doesn't look well for the Rams. Goff's hand isn't 100% and Wolford no way can be 100%. The run D will need to show up. If the OL can hold we should be in decent shape. Can't just focus on Donald on the inside, Leonard Floyd is dangerous too.

As for the bye week concerns. Last year was more of a matter 49ers were a total over match for us on the west coast swing. They out-manned us twice the second meeting wasn't all that more encouraging. The second example being TB it was making back-to-back early mistakes and not getting the momentum back among other issues. Vs. Tampa there were not lagging they came out to an early lead and looked sharp up until the pick-6. I would credit Tampa loss as a bad performance, but not due to the bye week.

The key for this week again will be getting to an early lead and force the Rams offense to rely on Goff to lead them. Control the run, and limit their pass rush.

Agree irmn. The 49era spanked us both times and we looked awful on the West Coast vs the Chargers last year too. And usually when teams struggle off a bye it's due to the coming out flat. We actually came out of the gates well vs Tampa, but the pick 6 followed by another pick caused us to come undone.

The Goff/Wolford thing is so dumb too. It's the whole secretive aspect of it but there's no real secret. Wolford runs better than Goff, but the gameplan remains similar. No matter who the qb is, taking away the run and watching the end around/screen pass game to guys like Woods are your main keys either way. Pass rushers maybe pin their ears back a bit more against Goff on obvious passing downs, but it's not like Wolford is Lamar Jackson. He's a solid athlete but nothing special. For what it's worth, I beleive Blake Bortles is on the Rams practice squad again. He was with them last year for pretty much the full year, so he's at least semi familiar with the offense and has thrown to most those guys before. Have to imagine he's the emergency guy and hell actually be active this week.

As for King, not sure why it's imparative for him to have some elite game. Ideally he doesn't **** the bed, but King is much more important against any of the remaining teams than he is vs LA. Jaire likely doesn't shadow, but woods still will be on his side enough. Neither qb they have is really a threat to throw it for massive games.

As for Goff, I really wonder how much experience he has holding a cold ball. Looking back at their history, the super bowl year for them they played a December game in Chicago and scored 6 pts. The year prior they played a December game at New England and scored 10. Add in a bad thumb and I'd be daring Goff to throw alot. Lots of single high in press to discourage those WR screens.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The Goff/Wolford thing is so dumb too. It's the whole secretive aspect of it but there's no real secret. Wolford runs better than Goff, but the gameplan remains similar. No matter who the qb is, taking away the run and watching the end around/screen pass game to guys like Woods are your main keys either way. Pass rushers maybe pin their ears back a bit more against Goff on obvious passing downs, but it's not like Wolford is Lamar Jackson. He's a solid athlete but nothing special. For what it's worth, I beleive Blake Bortles is on the Rams practice squad again. He was with them last year for pretty much the full year, so he's at least semi familiar with the offense and has thrown to most those guys before. Have to imagine he's the emergency guy and hell actually be active this week.

As for King, not sure why it's imparative for him to have some elite game. Ideally he doesn't **** the bed, but King is much more important against any of the remaining teams than he is vs LA. Jaire likely doesn't shadow, but woods still will be on his side enough. Neither qb they have is really a threat to throw it for massive games.

As for Goff, I really wonder how much experience he has holding a cold ball. Looking back at their history, the super bowl year for them they played a December game in Chicago and scored 6 pts. The year prior they played a December game at New England and scored 10. Add in a bad thumb and I'd be daring Goff to throw alot. Lots of single high in press to discourage those WR screens.
    I'm not sure what the King debate is about either. He has not been elite, but he hasn't been bad either. King isn't someone who is a constant liability. We have seen plenty of those players in the past. King generally speaking at his worst is a serviceable average starter. Could he be better, sure. He needs to become a more sound tackler. Maybe close up when giving space on short yards, but part of this isn't King its the scheme. Even though he is credited with 12 missed tackles he doesn't allow a ton of YAC it's something like 4.5 YAC. Also, King will be likely shadowing Josh Reynolds. Reynolds, not horrible, but isn't what I would call anything close to elite either. King may see some of Kupp, but I think that will be mostly Sullivan's duty.

The biggest thing with this match-up is respecting what their defense can do. From the Packers' angle alone I think the big things to focus on would be. Elgton Jenkins or Corey Linsley matched up on Donald as much as possible. But you know Patrick will have to get some looks as well, the question would be how does he hold up there. How can the edge hold up against Floyd. We do have a better OL than Seattle does, but you know their defense will do somethings to make Rodgers uncomfortable. Will the secondary weapons carry the torch on plays where Ramsey is able to lock down Adams? You have to think Ramsey vs. Adams will be a solid back and forth. Davante's footwork and intelligence will get him a few looks for sure, but others will need to play well because not likely. Even in games that defenses have been able to "shut-down" Adams, he's gotten around 5-6 recs in those games. But Lazard will need to play well and MVS needs to be consistent. Then there is also the RB and Tonyan factors too. In a number of their strength areas, we have some formidable matches for them.

The Rams will have to run the ball well and play solid defense. At their best, the Rams can be a staunch opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    It should be interesting early to see how Goff can handle the ball. The difference in this game could be how he can handle the ball as that hand gets cold. I wonder if he makes the mistake and takes the temptation to wear a glove. That could come into play too. As we get to the later part of the second half should show how well he can perform with that hand. If his play drops towards the mid-second quarter it could be a problem because the 20-degree weather has gotten to this hand. He won't be able to keep his hand warm even with the half, it probably gets worse as the game goes.

Reports early state McVay doesn't know who is starting, but this doesn't make much sense. I know reports state Wolford may be available, but if he is LA's training staff needs to be fired, putting a person with a neck stinger out less than a week after the initial injury is reckless. That's a 2-week injury, I'm guessing he has a grade 1 stinger, but if you put Wolford out there and he gets hit wrong his neck is already weak. I can't imagine him being much more than a decoy. It's not really a matter of can I play through the pain like Kupp and Donald. I'm curious if they add another QB for emergency purposes.

If the Packers can contain the run and get out to a sizable lead by the half it doesn't look well for the Rams. Goff's hand isn't 100% and Wolford no way can be 100%. The run D will need to show up. If the OL can hold we should be in decent shape. Can't just focus on Donald on the inside, Leonard Floyd is dangerous too.

As for the bye week concerns. Last year was more of a matter 49ers were a total over match for us on the west coast swing. They out-manned us twice the second meeting wasn't all that more encouraging. The second example being TB it was making back-to-back early mistakes and not getting the momentum back among other issues. Vs. Tampa there were not lagging they came out to an early lead and looked sharp up until the pick-6. I would credit Tampa loss as a bad performance, but not due to the bye week.

The key for this week again will be getting to an early lead and force the Rams offense to rely on Goff to lead them. Control the run, and limit their pass rush.
    I do believe they re-signed Blake Bortles a couple weeks back. not sure if it was to the PS or to the active roster but, I think he is out there some where.

and isn't it crazy after seeing Floyd during his time in Chicago, that he is now dangerous? I always thought he could be a great player but, the bears were trying to get too fancy with him, its great to see him actually start getting some success.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I'm not sure what the King debate is about either. He has not been elite, but he hasn't been bad either. King isn't someone who is a constant liability. We have seen plenty of those players in the past. King generally speaking at his worst is a serviceable average starter. Could he be better, sure. He needs to become a more sound tackler. Maybe close up when giving space on short yards, but part of this isn't King its the scheme. Even though he is credited with 12 missed tackles he doesn't allow a ton of YAC it's something like 4.5 YAC. Also, King will be likely shadowing Josh Reynolds. Reynolds, not horrible, but isn't what I would call anything close to elite either. King may see some of Kupp, but I think that will be mostly Sullivan's duty.

The biggest thing with this match-up is respecting what their defense can do. From the Packers' angle alone I think the big things to focus on would be. Elgton Jenkins or Corey Linsley matched up on Donald as much as possible. But you know Patrick will have to get some looks as well, the question would be how does he hold up there. How can the edge hold up against Floyd. We do have a better OL than Seattle does, but you know their defense will do somethings to make Rodgers uncomfortable. Will the secondary weapons carry the torch on plays where Ramsey is able to lock down Adams? You have to think Ramsey vs. Adams will be a solid back and forth. Davante's footwork and intelligence will get him a few looks for sure, but others will need to play well because not likely. Even in games that defenses have been able to "shut-down" Adams, he's gotten around 5-6 recs in those games. But Lazard will need to play well and MVS needs to be consistent. Then there is also the RB and Tonyan factors too. In a number of their strength areas, we have some formidable matches for them.

The Rams will have to run the ball well and play solid defense. At their best, the Rams can be a staunch opponent.
    So Rams can play exactly like last week. They stymied the Seahawks. But the Packers have a superior o-line. I hope Packers do exactly like Seattle last year jump out 21-3 and I don't think particularly with his thumb Goff can even make it a game. Take run game out of it with offense and lead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123