Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wildcard Weekend/Bye Week

Bye week. this thread can be used to discuss anything.

What match up would you guys like to see?

Hard to say would prefer one match over another.

Bears on paper we have beaten them twice, but they have also seen us twice. Also better prepared for cold games than most. But could they honestly go into NO and win?

Bucs can be in consistent, but have a defense that gave us issues early and a QB with a proven track record. But Brady also moved south for a reason.

Rams can be a complete team, but can be vulnerable as well.

Washington is such a wild card. If we face WFT then that means both the best two remaining teams will fight it out the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Hard to say would prefer one match over another.

Bears on paper we have beaten them twice, but they have also seen us twice. Also better prepared for cold games than most. But could they honestly go into NO and win?

Bucs can be in consistent, but have a defense that gave us issues early and a QB with a proven track record. But Brady also moved south for a reason.

Rams can be a complete team, but can be vulnerable as well.

Washington is such a wild card. If we face WFT then that means both the best two remaining teams will fight it out the following week.
    I would say I don't want the Rams. They have guys that well cold weather would favor us the Rams have RB stable and game-changers on defense. Good rushers, Aaron Donald, Floyd and then Ramsey who has potential to lock up Adams and make others beat them which has been GB problem in playoffs.

Washington wouldn't worry me as a loss but their defense is legit and more pain in the *** beat you up.

Bears same wouldn't be worried about losing but defense is pretty good but AR seems to have their number.

TB the first half would tell the story. If AR plays well early and get out to early 14-3 lead like Seattle last year...GB can pin ears back and get after TB. If not a good start I think would be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I would say I don't want the Rams. They have guys that well cold weather would favor us the Rams have RB stable and game-changers on defense. Good rushers, Aaron Donald, Floyd and then Ramsey who has the potential to lock up Adams and make others beat them which has been GB's problem in playoffs.

Washington wouldn't worry me as a loss but their defense is legit and more pain in the *** beat you up.

Bears same wouldn't be worried about losing but defense is pretty good but AR seems to have their number.

TB the first half would tell the story. If AR plays well early and get out to early 14-3 lead like Seattle last year...GB can pin ears back and get after TB. If not a good start I think would be in trouble.
    Yeah, I would say the level of concern for potential opponents would be as follows:

1. Rams
    2. Bucs
    3. Bears
    4. Football Team

I would say no locks to win this week in the NFC. Looking at this week the teams you likely expect to win maybe a little banged up. The Bears may have a chance to beat the Saints. It may seem pretty slim, but if Kamara isn't ready to go then I would say the possibility goes up. There are generally a couple of surprises, and for some reason, it's often the Saints. If Mongomery/A-Rob have good games and their defense is on they could theoretically pull it off. I would think most would be picking TB over WFT, but Mike Evans may not be playing either. Then LAR @ SEA is a toss-up, but give SEA the edge being at home.

I don't like the TB matchup. With all of their offensive weapons, I feel like Pettine is going to go back to his regular zone instead of the man looks we have had so much success with over the last handful of games. TB is also our most likely matchup.

I'm rooting for the Bears this weekend. I know the beat a team 3 times in a season is tough, but GB is flat out better than the Bears are and I don't see us losing to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    I don't like the TB matchup. With all of their offensive weapons, I feel like Pettine is going to go back to his regular zone instead of the man looks we have had so much success with over the last handful of games. TB is also our most likely matchup.

I'm rooting for the Bears this weekend. I know the beat a team 3 times in a season is tough, but GB is flat out better than the Bears are and I don't see us losing to them.
    Tampa would be a tough match-up. So many factors to consider in that game. A few things on them too when I look back at that game I really wonder what it looks like if we don't have that pick 6. We were in the driver's seat in that game and the pick 6 put them back in, and the following INT they had all the momentum. But that's neither here nor there. They are dangerous though as we saw in the last match-up. I think also having them come to Lambeau vs. it being in Tampa changes the outlook a little bit too. Playing in September in sunny Tampa will at least help some factors in what appears to be 8-25 degree weather. But Brady and Gronk especially are no strangers to such games, nor can you really write Brady off in the playoffs. I wouldn't necessarily write off WFT from winning that game.

Ideally, though it would be nice to see LA and TB knocked out in week one of the playoffs. The Bears winning would be all the better, at least on paper.

You guys wanna face the bears ? Good luck. They're unstoppable

Lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

the biggest challenge for the Packers will be avoiding exposure to Covid 19. i get this idea you have a week off. but look at what can happen if a team has multiple cases. be diligent and smart.

Curious to why LA is such a concern. I get Donald is a bad match-up for our interior line and Ramsey could theoretically shadow Adams, but that offense is truly terrible right now. And that offense coming into the cold of GB would make the defense salivate.

Theyve scored 20 or less 8 times this year. Since week 6, they've scored more than 27 points 1 time. We have a great offense. I know adams is a huge part of that, but we've done well without him. We put up a bunch of points on NO without him. He scored late against Chicago but we moved the ball effectively against them without adams having a huge day.

We scored 10 pts against Tampa. Thats our only game under 20. We've scored 30+ in 12 of 16 games this year. No reason to think we couldn't score at least 27/28 against LA, and with the way that offense is going, it's tough for them to score that much.

I want TB. We need to avenge that *** beating. If we canít handle that, we donít deserve a run at a SB.

I think the Rams is a worry is because lower scoring games in the playoffs because you're going against a good defense and one thing that really worries me in this playoff run is how shi*** the Packers' special teams are. Teams average over 24 yards a kick return and the colder weather no sure thing Crosby boots it out of the end zone each time. The Pack have also allowed two PR TDs. The special teams blow and could make the difference in a playoff game.

I don't really fear the Rams but I think it would be a hard fought game. I think I said I think Pack would win but probably a 1 poss. game. Probably same vs. TB. TB hasn't been great outside TB vs. good teams. It would be a very close game also probably. I think the upsets though GB would probably breeze to a win but WAS would be a more physical more annoying game. I think AR confidence vs. CHI is sky high despite facing them a third time with Trubisky and Pack's improved run defense I think GB would win that relatively easily.

give me the skins/bears/rams/saints.... i want no part of seattle/tampa

There is not a chance Seattle's defense can stop our offense. We match up pretty well with them.

Seattle is 0-4 in GB under Russ and most of his performances were quite bad. Last year in the playoffs he was pretty solid and his qb rating and stuff was really good, but they still only scored 23 pts including their final TD with 4 minutes left when GB was up 11 and playing somewhat soft.

I usually have the same feeling about Seattle and I think we all go back to the ****** losses we've had to them, particularly the NFC Championship game and the Fail Mary, but the rivalry has been dominated by the home team, and we've owned them in GB to date.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Seattle is 0-4 in GB under Russ and most of his performances were quite bad. Last year in the playoffs he was pretty solid and his qb rating and stuff was really good, but they still only scored 23 pts including their final TD with 4 minutes left when GB was up 11 and playing somewhat soft.

I usually have the same feeling about Seattle and I think we all go back to the ****** losses we've had to them, particularly the NFC Championship game and the Fail Mary, but the rivalry has been dominated by the home team, and we've owned them in GB to date.
    WAS would just be a pain in the *** as far as their defense is physical and could get after AR but GB would win as their offense stinks. In the NFCCG give me anyone at Lambeau...idgaf. Have to expect a good team...hopefully get an upset and would face TB/NO in NFCCG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast