Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NFL Free Agent quarterback landing spots

As far as free agent quarterbacks...and just where they end up, I have landing spots for each so that being said:

- Dak Prescott (landing spots): (re signs with Dallas Cowboys, Patriots if he leaves, Colts if he leaves, 49ers if he leaves or Saints if he leaves and if especially if Brees retires)

- Jameis Winston (landing spots): (Denver Broncos as a starter, Chicago Bears as a potential starter or believe it or not Tampa Bay Buccaneers once again this time as a backup)

- Philip Rivers (landing spots): (re signs with Indianapolis Colts, retires from the NFL altogether or if he leaves Indy, ends up in Denver as a Bronco)

- Jacoby Brissett (landing spots): (New England Patriots reuniting with Belichick, New Orleans Saints as a potential spot or Indianapolis Colts once again)

- Cam Newton (landing spots): (Washington Football Team reuniting with Ron Rivera, Baltimore Ravens as a backup to Lamar Jackson or he ends up in Chicago as a Bear considering they were interested in him before he ended up with the Patriots)

- Jimmy Garoppolo (Jimmy G landing spots): (New England Patriots reunion with Belichick, Chicago Bears or Washington Football Team, New York Giants, Indianapolis Colts or Denver Broncos)

- Carson Wentz (landing spots): (Indianapolis Colts, New England Patriots, Denver Broncos or San Francisco 49ers)

- Matthew Stafford (landing spots): (Denver Broncos, New England Patriots, Washington Football Team, San Francisco 49ers or Indianapolis Colts)

But quarterbacks that will likely be backups should they leave or if traded:

- Andy Dalton
    - Mitchell Trubisky
    - Nick Mullens
    - Tyrod Taylor
    - Ryan Fitzpatrick
    - Sam Darnold

Ok breaking this down by FA, then Taggable, then Trade/Cut:
    Rivers - Retire
    Brissett - Back to Indy as a backup
    Dalton - Back to Dallas as starter
    Newton - to the Jets on a 1 year deal to mentor Fields

Prescott - Tagged then traded to Indy for 2 1sts and a 2nd

Garoppolo - Cut by the Niners, then signed by NE on a 2-year deal
    Stafford - Traded to the Niners for a 1st and 4th
    Darnold - Traded to Detroit for a 2nd
    And my red hot burning stove take Wentz - Traded to Miami for 2 2nds

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I feel like in that scenario Wentz would refuse to report to block the trade. He'd just be going to backup Tua instead of Hurts.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I feel like in that scenario Wentz would refuse to report to block the trade. He'd just be going to backup Tua instead of Hurts.
    I don't think Miami is sold on Tua. I think them playing those games with Fitzpatrick late in games showed their hand. Flores doesn't believe in Tua. I know he was a rookie, but you play him and see what happens. Now you know you got a QB who likes to throw short and that's about it.

Rivers - Retire

Rivers- I agree that he retires especially since he has a high school football coaching job lined up in Alabama

Brissett- back to Indy; makes sense but I can't see him as a starter in this league

Dalton- back to Dallas as a starter; I can agree with that

Newton- for me a wild card team he could end up with is the Falcons...but honestly to be honest I have him going to Baltimore Ravens to be a backup for Lamar Jackson. Imagine that? Both Lamar and Cam as your QBs...Baltimore would be dangerous

Prescott- I can actually see him going to the 49ers

Jimmy G- Back with my Patriots; it makes the most sense and Bill never wanted him gone to begin with but did it to make Brady happy so I can see him back with Belichick

Stafford- I have him going to the New York Jets

Darnold- I have him going to Washington Football Team

Rivers - Retire

Eagles have zero leverage. It'll be Wentz and like a 4th for a 5th in return. A true salary dump but not with Miami

I don't think Miami is sold on Tua. I think them playing those games with Fitzpatrick late in games showed their hand. Flores doesn't believe in Tua. I know he was a rookie, but you play him and see what happens. Now you know you got a QB who likes to throw short and that's about it.
    And I don't think Wentz is sold on sitting on the bench.

Flores was able to treat his QBs like MLB pitchers because of their maturity. Wentz is an immature diva. Assuming there are fans in 2021 at games, all you'd have to do is start chanting "TUA TUA TUA" whenever Wentz makes a bad throw and he'd have a hissyfit/meltdown.

It's like the Kaep situation or the Tebow situation. Or like how Cam refused to sign anywhere he had to compete for the starting job. You can't have a viable QB behind Wentz.

Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

And I don't think Wentz is sold on sitting on the bench.

Flores was able to treat his QBs like MLB pitchers because of their maturity. Wentz is an immature diva. Assuming there are fans in 2021 at games, all you'd have to do is start chanting "TUA TUA TUA" whenever Wentz makes a bad throw and he'd have a hissyfit/meltdown.

It's like the Kaep situation or the Tebow situation. Or like how Cam refused to sign anywhere he had to compete for the starting job. You can't have a viable QB behind Wentz.
    Which is why Wentz is better suited going to a situation like San Francisco or Indy or even Denver

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Which is why Wentz is better suited going to a situation like San Francisco or Indy or even Denver
    Agree. I feel like the 49ers would be a good fit. Kittle + Wentz could be like Ertz + Wentz.

Deebo is probably a good WR for Wentz too. Not great speed or huge body/radius, but kind of a hybrid?

Sticking to traditions:

-Scott van Pelt

In addition to Rivers possibly retiring, Brees has supposedly confirmed he's retiring and I don't see how Big Ben could possibly play another year in PIT so I imagine he may retire too. It would only be fitting that Cam strolls into NO on a 1 year/$16.99 contract and ****s the Panthers sideways.

Cam signed with the only team that WOULD let him compete. It was Stidham's job to lose. In what universe would BB just give a starting job to a new QB with no experience in his offense?

Cam signed with the only team that WOULD let him compete. It was Stidham's job to lose. In what universe would BB just give a starting job to a new QB with no experience in his offense?

Cam Newton remains a free agent, but the veteran quarterback doesn't intend to sign with a team as a backup, according to Joe Person of The Athletic.

If needed, the 30-year-old can wait until an injury to a starter requires a team to look for a high-level replacement.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...%20replacement.

So, when would he consider signing with a team in free agency?

Joe Person of The Athletic shared Sunday that there is “no way” Newton will sign with any team as a backup. He also said that Newton could simply “wait until a starter gets hurt” to make his move.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...up/ar-BB13y57e

While Cam wasn't officially named the starter when he signed with the Pats, he did so under a "if you don't screw up its yours" agreement.

Sticking to traditions:

-Scott van Pelt

In addition to Rivers possibly retiring, Brees has supposedly confirmed he's retiring and I don't see how Big Ben could possibly play another year in PIT so I imagine he may retire too. It would only be fitting that Cam strolls into NO on a 1 year/$16.99 contract and ****s the Panthers sideways.

If Cam leaves my Patriots, then I would love, love if we can get Jimmy G back

Cam Newton remains a free agent, but the veteran quarterback doesn't intend to sign with a team as a backup, according to Joe Person of The Athletic.

If needed, the 30-year-old can wait until an injury to a starter requires a team to look for a high-level replacement.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...%20replacement.

So, when would he consider signing with a team in free agency?

Joe Person of The Athletic shared Sunday that there is “no way” Newton will sign with any team as a backup. He also said that Newton could simply “wait until a starter gets hurt” to make his move.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...up/ar-BB13y57e

While Cam wasn't officially named the starter when he signed with the Pats, he did so under a "if you don't screw up its yours" agreement.
    Theres a big difference between "won't sign as a backup" and "won't compete". Signing as a backup means he's not being given a chance to win the starting job (i.e. PIT, PHI, NO, GB, etc where everyone said he should have gone). He went to the Pats where he had a legit chance to compete for the starting job. There was no other team who would risk bringing Cam in to potential unseat their starter and cause a problem with their QB. Can you imagine if Cam went to PIT and clearly outplayed Ben? There's obviously zero chance the coaches would've gave him the job.

Not sure why you think he had some secret deal with BB. He started camp as the #3 on the depth chart and had to work his way up to #1. Beat reporters were even reporting it was Stidham's job to lose and he was an INT machine while Cam was outplaying him despite being new to the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If Cam leaves my Patriots, then I would love, love if we can get Jimmy G back
    If the 49ers cut him it makes too much sense to not happen. And then you have the 49ers hunting a QB and possibly trying to trade for Ryan.

Johnny "win or lose we booze" Manziel is back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast