Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The draft

The draft

Maybe it is a little early but might as well start thinking ahead. Obviously it all depends on who we sign in free agency. We will be competing against both the Jets and Jaguars in Free agency , both of whom have a ton of money to spend.

The Giants will be drafting 11th and we need help at wide receiver , edge rusher, offensive line and line backer.

THe 3 top receivers are Ja'Marr Chase, Davanta Smith and Jaylen Waddle. Kyle Pitts is the top tight end .Will anyone of these be available at 11 ?

The top offensive lineman is Penei Sewell who will be long gone at 11. Wyatt Davis and Rashawn Slater probably will be there.

The top linebacker is Micah Parsons who will not be around at 11

Greg Rousseau is a top edge rusher who might last but not sure . Kwitty Payne is a top DL but not sure if he is a pass rusher.

I guess to the Giants favor there are 4 QBs who should go high , aside from Lawrence and Fields there is Trey Lance and Zack Wilson and I sincerely doubt that we will draft a QB in the first round even though I and many are not convinced that Daniel Jones is a franchise QB or even close to being one.
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 01-04-2021 at 07:13 AM.

BPA (unless itís a RB, a S, or an interior DL)

I'm merely catching up with prospects, but I love that Joseph Ossai kid out of Texas and what he could be on the edge.

Hoping for an edge rusher or WR.

I hope we take BPA but I also really hope the BPA is a #1 WR or a DE/DL who can rush the passer

Watched some YouTube clips on all of the guys who could be in play for us at #11. My preference in order is this:

1. Pitts or Chase
    2. Trade down to #15-#20 or so
    3. Waddle, Sewell
    4. Slater, Vera-Tucker, Ojulari,
    5. Parsons, Kwity Paye, Jaelen Philips, Devonta Smith

* I havenít watched the corners in the draft yet

The draft

Iíve watched a lot of the tapes of the ď2nd tierĒ guys and think thereís a ton of day 2 talent.

This team needs to really start plugging some roster holes to legit compete (front 7, OL, receiver and RB come to mind).

If we got back to say 15 and picked up 2 extra day 2 picks Iíd love to see them get BPA at 15 (someone like Phillips or Paye) and then just feast on day 2 talent - guys like Joe Tryon, Elijah Moore, Landon Dickerson, Marvin Williams, Aaron Banks may all be available.

I know DG has never done it but this draft may shape up for the Giants to be in perfect position to trade back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Iíve watched a lot of the tapes of the ď2nd tierĒ guys and think thereís a ton of day 2 talent.

This team needs to really start plugging some roster holes to legit compete (front 7, OL, receiver and RB come to mind).

If we got back to say 15 and picked up 2 extra day 2 picks Iíd love to see them get BPA at 15 (someone like Phillips or Paye) and then just feast on day 2 talent - guys like Joe Tryon, Elijah Moore, Landon Dickerson, Marvin Williams, Aaron Banks may all be available.

I know DG has never done it but this draft may shape up for the Giants to be in perfect position to trade back.

Trading back to 15 doesnít land you 2 extra day 2 picks right? assuming this draft pick value trade card thing is somewhat correct at least. Either way Iím for it btw, I would then just draft AVT is heís still there. Also, an option could be to try to use the extra pick to get back in the first round and get a pass rusher like Owen at the bottom of the 1st.

Juat draft Jaelan Phillips, it's that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Itís not happening lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Itís not happening lol
    One can keep his hopes up until it's official.

If we trade back fine. At 11 no way.
    BPA or trade back into the teens and take an edge rusher

Trade down if you can. Get the BPA from edge, OL, or LB you can and get some extra picks.

Don't worry. He's got this.

One can keep his hopes up until it's official.
    Youíre not afraid of his medical history?

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Youíre not afraid of his medical history?
    No.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast