Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The draft

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    He had some at Senior Bowl, in practice at least, haven't watched the game. I think that's what people remember.

He's a much more dynamic as a route runner than people give him credit for. I like Elijah Moore some as well, but he was getting madly overrated lately. I'm more than good with the pick.
    I'm not really worried about a few drops at the senior bowl. I prefer game tape to that and in-season stats. 3 drops in 150 attempts in college isn't bad, IMO.

I wasn't even considering this reciever, tbh. I like the flexibility he gives the offense and I think he will be great for Jones.

I really like how he uses his speed to his advantage, waits for the DB to open his hips and then uses his speed and double move to create a **** ton of separation.

If they go 4-5 wide sets

Golladay
    Shepard
    Slayton
    Tony
    Engram

Good luck defending that.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I'm not really worried about a few drops at the senior bowl. I prefer game tape to that and in-season stats. 3 drops in 150 attempts in college isn't bad, IMO.

I wasn't even considering this reciever, tbh. I like the flexibility he gives the offense and I think he will be great for Jones.

I really like how he uses his speed to his advantage, waits for the DB to open his hips and then uses his speed and double move to create a **** ton of separation.

If they go 4-5 wide sets

Golladay
    Shepard
    Slayton
    Tony
    Engram

Good luck defending that.

I'm not, either. Like I said, I really love the kid. So much untapped potential still, and I think much more polished than many give him credit for.

Feels like we reached even though we did the right thing moving back once smith was gone. Oh well kids got skills letís hope it pans out but a little disappointed on value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Armo_NYG_fan View Post
    I just hope this doesnít end up like when the Bucs swooped in and took Doug Martin and we settled for David Wilson
    Well if thatís the case now we at least traded down, got some extra picks and then settled Wilson. That said, Iím on board with the pick. The Trade down was great

I Donít really know toney, but seems like a nice gadget player to complement our other playmakers. Iím mostly concerned with that I wonder whether Garrett knows how to use him.

Wouldíve picked Paye myself though.

Still a lot of good iOL and also some Edge rushers available. Really wonder at what point teams dare to go with Ojulari

Seems like toney can be a dual threat WR and RB who idolizes Kamara

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Heís got the same measurable as OBJ coming out. Will be be obj probably not, but heís super explosive. We got a guy to throw a WR screen to and he can take it to the house. A healthy saquon and an improvement from the young oline we should have a really explosive offense
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I wonder if the idea of getting Devonta Smith was so ingrained on him by pick 10 that they kind of decided just to take a WR by pick 20 when they saw who was still available. Probably had way more question marks on Paye than they liked so they probably decided this WR was way to go to add depth. Especially since Golladay was injured last year so they want to make sure they have some depth in case. And worst case scenario, he can be someone you use for trick plays or RB Screens if Saquon sits

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I wonder if the idea of getting Devonta Smith was so ingrained on him by pick 10 that they kind of decided just to take a WR by pick 20 when they saw who was still available. Probably had way more question marks on Paye than they liked so they probably decided this WR was way to go to add depth. Especially since Golladay was injured last year so they want to make sure they have some depth in case. And worst case scenario, he can be someone you use for trick plays or RB Screens if Saquon sits
    Based on this report, I'd say no. But, lots of smoke screens so never know.

My understanding: This was the #Giants plan. If DeVonte Smith and Jaylen Waddle werenít there, trade down. They wanted a WR/another weapon for Daniel Jones, whether it be Kadarius Toney or Rashod Bateman.

Talks w/Bears started around pick 7, right after Waddle went to Dolphins.

OL Alijah Vera-Tucker appears to have been the contingency plan. The Jets traded up to get him at pick 14.
    - Jordan Raanan

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

More I look into him more excited I am. Now letís do well the rest of the draft!! Love the direction of this team. Im confident the coaching staff will get the most out of toney
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Based on this report, I'd say no. But, lots of smoke screens so never know.

- Jordan Raanan

Makes sense. Surprised they didn't consider Paye at all

From what I could tell Paye always played from a 3 point stance as a true DE and would rotate to the interior. Might have been a square peg in a round hole.

Ojulari is likely a better fit if heís still there at 42.

Love that we now have 7 picks instead of 6. You can absolutely go BPA rounds 1-3 and still have enough picks to plug areas of need. Makes a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo_NYG_fan View Post
    Based on what i read, Toney has questionable hands. He reminds me of another former Florida player, Percy Harvin
    So what did you read if that man only dropped 4 passes?

2020 NYG off-season checklist: AJ Bouye(if cut) [ x], Corey Littleton[ ], Breshad Perriman[ ], JaDaveon Clowney [ ], [ ], Kendall Fuller[ ], Matt Brieda [ ], Matt Skura [ ], Arik Armstead [ ], Austin Hooper[ ], Anthony Brown[ ]

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567