Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The draft

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    No.
    Hahah care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Hahah care to elaborate?
    Well, I did a few times already FWIW, but I don't think he carries any more injury risk than any other player in this class, or ever. A car accident broke his wrist, which he recovered from. He suffered a couple of ankle injuries that are not at all uncommon, that he recovered from, and he suffered a few concussions, which unfortunately are not uncommon either in the NFL.

He plays on the edge. With a little more care and a perhaps an improved tackling technique, he shouldn't be as exposed to concussions as, say, a receiver.

It's not like he's just out of back surgery, or like he just torn an ACL and his recovery would be a question mark. All these injuries, he dealt with them over 2 years ago, came back and established himself as the top edge prospect and very arguably best defender overall in this class.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Well, I did a few times already FWIW, but I don't think he carries any more injury risk than any other player in this class, or ever. A car accident broke his wrist, which he recovered from. He suffered a couple of ankle injuries that are not at all uncommon, that he recovered from, and he suffered a few concussions, which unfortunately are not uncommon either in the NFL.

He plays on the edge. With a little more care and a perhaps an improved tackling technique, he shouldn't be as exposed to concussions as, say, a receiver.

It's not like he's just out of back surgery, or like he just torn an ACL and his recovery would be a question mark. All these injuries, he dealt with them over 2 years ago, came back and established himself as the top edge prospect and very arguably best defender overall in this class.
    Ah okay sorry, must have missed those. But Iím not asking it to yank your chain btw, I love Philips, heís one of my favourite players in the draft. I just need someone to convince me that the injury risk is low to be fully on board.

But those concussion scare the hell out of me. I once read that the more concussions youíve had, they easier you get a concussion. Plus the fact that it happens frequently in the NFL isnít reassuring to me but rather an extra cause of concern. Iíd rather have a guy that comes pretty healthy out of college cause he will suffer enough during his nfl career, instead of a guy that already had to stop playing for a year due to concussion related issues.

Ah okay sorry, must have missed those. But Iím not asking it to yank your chain btw, I love Philips, heís one of my favourite players in the draft. I just need someone to convince me that the injury risk is low to be fully on board.

But those concussion scare the hell out of me. I once read that the more concussions youíve had, they easier you get a concussion. Plus the fact that it happens frequently in the NFL isnít reassuring to me but rather an extra cause of concern. Iíd rather have a guy that comes pretty healthy out of college cause he will suffer enough during his nfl career, instead of a guy that already had to stop playing for a year due to concussion related issues.
    I agree. I am not sure that any of the so called edge rushers are worthy of the 11th pick over Smith , Waddle or Slater.

I know this might sound unimportant and the analogy to baseball is not the best , but I remember George Steinbrenner signing a player so that the Red Sox would not sign him or trading for someone so another team would not trade for him.

If Waddle might be the second coming of Tyreek Hill, the thought of facing him with the Eagles twice each year could be something to consider in drafting him , unless of course the Eagles trade up for him. Notwithstanding the fact that he would be an awesome weapon for Jones.

https://medium.com/@PhilipAndrews/wh...s-f8621bdb851f

Again, it's important to note that he plays one of the lowest concussion-rate positions, and that should protect him some (probably more than just a little).

Yes concussions are common in the nfl thatís why you donít draft someone at 11 thatís already had a few and other injuries. Too much of a risk no thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way Phillips is taken at 11. Could see them taking a shot in round 2 but doubt it. The reports about 11 are interesting. Horn Smith Parsons. I like all 3. Prefer smith but wouldnít be mad at it. Iím guessing slater is going pick 8 so he wonít be there. Also was weird seeing the chargers official Twitter post they traded up to 11 and traded 13/77 which would be a win imo
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    No way Phillips is taken at 11. Could see them taking a shot in round 2 but doubt it. The reports about 11 are interesting. Horn Smith Parsons. I like all 3. Prefer smith but wouldnít be mad at it. Iím guessing slater is going pick 8 so he wonít be there. Also was weird seeing the chargers official Twitter post they traded up to 11 and traded 13/77 which would be a win imo
    Thatís good value if we donít think the eagles will take our guy you do that trade all day

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    That was a photoshopped tweet from the chargers.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Peter King has DG taking Micah Parsons round 1.

I suspect, if Parsons is there at 11, DG will likely lean towards him. Though it's really hard to not take Smith or Waddle if either are there at 11.

If we don't go WR round 1 then I'd be praying Elijah Moore falls to us at 42 - though I think that's unlikely. That dude could end up as one of the best receivers from this crop. His game film is incredible.

Don't worry. He's got this.

In todays NY Post it projects the Giants taking Patrick Surtain II. While he might be the best CB in the draft it does not in any way address a need . Hope they are wrong !!!

CB definitely not my first choice in round 1. But this team has needs everywhere this year and in coming years. Almost can't go wrong here.

Hell, if Fields or Lance fell to 11 they would be fully justified in picking one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    CB definitely not my first choice in round 1. But this team has needs everywhere this year and in coming years. Almost can't go wrong here.

Hell, if Fields or Lance fell to 11 they would be fully justified in picking one of them.
    You donít draft based on need to me itís who you think can be a star. Donít know about drafting lance but fields to me is a star so I could see that. But I think Jones is the guy and they wonít draft fields even if he drops. I think itís between smith waddle Parsons and slater if those guys are there at 11
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Iím hoping they draft Smith but something tells me that itís going to be Kwity Paye, and this while both Smith and Waddle are still available.

The draft

Looks like Smith could fall to us. Hard to see Giants not taking him if heís there.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast