Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but unless you have an excellent offensive line, you could have Jerry Rice as your receiver and it would not matter. That is why I like Slater for the pick. I know that initially he might be plugged in at Guard and a guard is usually not picked at 11, although wasn't Martin from the Cowboys and Scherff from Washington picked high?

You can pick up a very decent WR at number 2 although I would love to see Zaven Collins there for us in the second round but I sincerely doubt he would last that long.
    I get it, but we shouldn't be reaching for a worse player because our o-line is bad.

With that said, I do see Slater in the same tier as Sewell and the four top pass catchers (Chase, Pitts, Smith, and Waddle). I'd be fine if we take Slater over them, it would make a ton of sense, although it would be a bit disappointing based on positional value alone. (Slater is a OG).

I feel like we could go IOL and Edge in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, where it makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Iím also not sold on gates but I donít see them upgrading there. Maybe they draft one in the middle rounds? Solder/peart should be able to hold down RT hopefully. Drafting slater would cover concerns there and at guard. Never a sexy pick but might be the way to go now after our signings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gates from like game 5 was phenomenal. How are you not sold on him lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I was not aware of any .What are they ?
    Big off the field issues. Doesnít seem like a fit.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Why are you not sold on Waddle ? Usually there is a domino effect on draft night. Once one is taken, then the others start getting drafted.
    Injuries. Lot of these speed guys at his size struggle. I like him but heís 4th on the list of WRs to me. (Pitts is more a WR than TE to me)
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I assume that you are not sold on Nick Gates ? I would be more concerned with our guards and RT
    Well itís not so much Gates as a player really. I just have the feeling, although itís hard to judge from the outside, that DJ still struggled a lot with calling protections last year. If you see how much better our line functioned with McCoy in, that worries me in DJ. A more experienced C might help him and you could I think still move gates to RG

I think I'd make a case that most of the line struggles in 2020 were about lack of experience and lack or experience playing together - in addition to having all new coaches and no training camp or OTAs.

Thomas was forced to play LT from the word go and struggled which clearly negatively impacted Hernandez. As the season went on and Thomas settled in (and I'm assuming everyone else did as well with the new coaching and the new personnel) the overall line looked a lot better.

All that said it is never wrong to draft high quality OL in the early rounds. I think we would do ourselves a favor by focusing on OG in the 2nd or 3rd round but if there's an absolute stud tackle sitting there at 11 you can't go wrong taking that guy.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I think I'd make a case that most of the line struggles in 2020 were about lack of experience and lack or experience playing together - in addition to having all new coaches and no training camp or OTAs.

Thomas was forced to play LT from the word go and struggled which clearly negatively impacted Hernandez. As the season went on and Thomas settled in (and I'm assuming everyone else did as well with the new coaching and the new personnel) the overall line looked a lot better.

All that said it is never wrong to draft high quality OL in the early rounds. I think we would do ourselves a favor by focusing on OG in the 2nd or 3rd round but if there's an absolute stud tackle sitting there at 11 you can't go wrong taking that guy.
    The following All Pro Guards were taken in the first round of the NFL Draft:

Zack Martin by Dallas with the 16th pick
    Brandon Scherff By Washington with the 5th pick
    Quenton Nelson by Indianapolis with the 6th pick

As I said ,all 3 are all pro guards and the Giants would salivate to have any one of them.

If they think Slater has that same potential, then you take him

Iím very high on Thomas. I think heís gonna be very good, Hernandez is a guy I think will be much better always been a good run blocker solid pass blocker potential imo, gates looked pretty good to me personally, Leimx showed potential as a monster run blocker he does need to improve as a pass blocker and than Peart And Solder will fight for RT/RG (potentially deepening on if one of those guards donít play well)
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

The following All Pro Guards were taken in the first round of the NFL Draft:

Zack Martin by Dallas with the 16th pick
    Brandon Scherff By Washington with the 5th pick
    Quenton Nelson by Indianapolis with the 6th pick

As I said ,all 3 are all pro guards and the Giants would salivate to have any one of them.

If they think Slater has that same potential, then you take him
    Agreed if they love slater take him. But donít take him because thatís a need if you donít think that heís gonna be a star. Iíd rather go BPA
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Agreed if they love slater take him. But donít take him because thatís a need if you donít think that heís gonna be a star. Iíd rather go BPA
    I don't disagree

nfl.com got us taking Edge Gregory Rousseau with 11th pick and cbs sport got us taking LB Micah Parsons.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    nfl.com got us taking Edge Gregory Rousseau with 11th pick and cbs sport got us taking LB Micah Parsons.
    I trust gettleman and judge. I wonít overreact to the pick whoever it is. With that said I cannot stand Rousseau at 11 after reading up more about him
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Thereís a snag in the #Giantsí addition of TE Kyle Rudolph. Sources say the teamís medical staff is concerned with Rudolphís foot after his physical and believes heíll need surgery. The sides are discussing how to proceed. The two-year deal was agreed to but not yet signed.

Kyle Rudolph is still in town and meeting with the #Giants tonight. The team and his camp are talking about a medical plan. Everything could be ironed out. The deal isnít dead at this point. Just some extended discussions about the medicals right now.

- Mike Garafolo

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 03-23-2021 at 06:32 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Thereís a snag in the #Giantsí addition of TE Kyle Rudolph. Sources say the teamís medical staff is concerned with Rudolphís foot after his physical and believes heíll need surgery. The sides are discussing how to proceed. The two-year deal was agreed to but not yet signed.

Kyle Rudolph is still in town and meeting with the #Giants tonight. The team and his camp are talking about a medical plan. Everything could be ironed out. The deal isnít dead at this point. Just some extended discussions about the medicals right now.

- Mike Garafolo

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    That sucks hopefully they can still work it out for less money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sucks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast