Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How much dead cap is cutting Solder? Since I believe he still has two years left

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    How much dead cap is cutting Solder? Since I believe he still has two years left
    It's in the article I posted a few posts up.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Heard solder is considering retiring. If he did that would be huge. For me it depends do they believe in will Hernandez. If they do and they Believe in Lemieux then you maybe explore trading Zietler and saving some money while getting maybe a mid rounder back?? I think Tomlinson or Williams is gone. Canít imagine they can keep both. But if solder retired maybe they could (I donít buy the rumor at all). Would you guys trade a 3rd and a 5th for juilo ? Heís 32 his contract isnít to bad at all. Then you go pass rusher at 11. Cutting tate before June 1st doesnít really help much either so thatís one less cap option for us. Itís gonna be tough. Iíd also like to add another outside CB and another inside LB.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Heard solder is considering retiring. If he did that would be huge. For me it depends do they believe in will Hernandez. If they do and they Believe in Lemieux then you maybe explore trading Zietler and saving some money while getting maybe a mid rounder back?? I think Tomlinson or Williams is gone. Canít imagine they can keep both. But if solder retired maybe they could (I donít buy the rumor at all). Would you guys trade a 3rd and a 5th for juilo ? Heís 32 his contract isnít to bad at all. Then you go pass rusher at 11. Cutting tate before June 1st doesnít really help much either so thatís one less cap option for us. Itís gonna be tough. Iíd also like to add another outside CB and another inside LB.
    Whatís solders cap hit if he retires?

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Whatís solders cap hit if he retires?
    Not sure to be honest. Iíd have to imagine we save over 10 million though. Probably similar to his post June 1st cut date.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

The Giants are hiring UL Ragin' Cajuns offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Rob Sale as their new OL coach, source said. A key position.

- Ian Rapaport

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

JJ WATT was released by the Texans. We can't afford him but he would be a nice addition even with his injuries history. My feeling is that he will sign with the Steelers and finish his career with his brother.

Some changes to the Giants offensive staff include Freddie Kitchens getting bumped to senior offensive assistant. Kitchens was the TEs coach.

Derek Dooley, who attracted interest from other teams recently, handles TEs.

So we have a little over 1 mill. Gonna be interesting to see what we do with a couple big cap hit guys. I know they wanna resign Williams and add a WR in FA to replace tate. I feel like Tomlinson is probably gone.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Solder
    Tate
    Zeitler
    Engram

Cut the top 3. Trade Engram for picks.

$30 million in cap savings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Solder
    Tate
    Zeitler
    Engram

Cut the top 3. Trade Engram for picks.

$30 million in cap savings.

Cutting Zietler is incredibly dangerous
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Looking at who can create cap for us we do t have much of a choice. Maybe he can have his deal reworked

Agree. Now we would be back in trying to fix our OL . I have been watching football before most of you were born and the key to a really good team is your OL . You don't have to have 5 all stars but you have to play together and know exactly what your fellow lineman are doing on every play.

It is like a Swiss watch , everything and everybody moves together.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Agree. Now we would be back in trying to fix our OL . I have been watching football before most of you were born and the key to a really good team is your OL . You don't have to have 5 all stars but you have to play together and know exactly what your fellow lineman are doing on every play.

It is like a Swiss watch , everything and everybody moves together.
    Yes but they need create space somehow. If they believe Hernandez and lemuiex can step in at the guard spots zeitler provides us the most cap relief without a hit. If there is a way to avoid losing him Iím all for it.

Giants Off Season Thread

Yeah to be clear Iím not a fan of cutting Zeitler but the Giants have to decide where to use their cap space.

With the cap projected to be as much as $18 million lower than last year a lot of teams are going to have to cut some pretty good players and the market could be flooded with good to very good talent.

Without cutting Zeitler the Giants can cut Solder, Tate, Toilolo and Mayo, and trade Engram, and still get to just under $30 million in space.

With Jones entering year 3 and Barkley year 4, this team needs to become a legitimate 10 win, playoff team or this experiment could be over in a hurry. DG needs to hit a homerun in FA and the draft this year.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast