Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman

Giants Off Season Thread

Picking 11th in the 2021 draft.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

First order of business. What to do with our staff? Iíd fire Getty and Garrett, but i wouldnít mind too much if Getty stayed on. Garrett absolutely has to go though

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    First order of business. What to do with our staff? Iíd fire Getty and Garrett, but i wouldnít mind too much if Getty stayed on. Garrett absolutely has to go though
    Well, it looks like Getty will get at least one more year. I don't think Garrett will go anywhere this year either for a couple of reasons, one of them being avoidinh a 3rd OC in 3 years for DJ.

I really dislike Garret as the OC but if you're riding it out with DJ it's a tricky thing to change coordinators yet again. You're gonna end up Alex Smithing the guy.

Don't worry. He's got this.

1. Jets are interviewing Patrick Graham for their HC position.

2. Chargers interviewing Jason Garrett for their HC position.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Giants are keeping Dave Gettleman as general manager

https://nypost.com/2021/01/04/giants...mpression=true

I went from loving Gettleman, to hating him, to almost falling back in love with him again.

He badly, badly, badly needs to hit on this upcoming 1st round pick, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I really dislike Garret as the OC but if you're riding it out with DJ it's a tricky thing to change coordinators yet again. You're gonna end up Alex Smithing the guy.
    I understand and itís a good point, but Garrett fielded the 31st offense, while that same offense with mostly the same personnel but with a far worse O-line was 23rd under Shurmur (still not great, but okay).

Iíd go with kitchens, trying to keep some of the O but adding some new elements. Perhaps that transition wouldnít take too much from DJ

I'm curious how many of our impending FA we can keep.... I want to have some stability on our defense

The Giants announced that Patrick Graham has signed a contract extension to remain their defensive coordinator/assistant head coach. The team says Graham will not consider head coaching opportunities for 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    The Giants announced that Patrick Graham has signed a contract extension to remain their defensive coordinator/assistant head coach. The team says Graham will not consider head coaching opportunities for 2021.

Great news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I'm curious how many of our impending FA we can keep.... I want to have some stability on our defense
    Must keep Leonard Williams. Whatís the cap looking like and who are the potential casualties to create space

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Must keep Leonard Williams. Whatís the cap looking like and who are the potential casualties to create space

Kevin Zeitler is the biggest opportunity to create space. $14,500,000 cap hit, if cut his cap hit is only 2.5 million(12 million savings)

Cap space is really impossible to know until they decide what the 2021 overall cap space may be. A lot of expectations that it will actually drop.

It was projected to be around 20-22 million during the season if the cap space had stayed the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post

https://nypost.com/2021/01/04/giants...his-offseason/

Here is an article on it. Actually written yesterday and just came across it.

Its gonna be a weird off-season with the cap projected to go down instead of up, so itís hard to project salary numbers in my view. These articles IMO kind of underrate this. Hell, I think about half the teams right now is OVER the cap already, and they havenít signed their draft class yet.

Either way we need a edge!

Hopefully we can pull of:
    - keeping our major FAs. But we probably canít keep both LW and Tomlinson and the latter is out.
    - cutting Solder and Tate (they will pay for LW), Mayo, our punter, Toilolo
    - extending and restructuring Zeitler
    - trading Engram
    - signing an Edge rusher (Ngakoue or Reddick are hopefully affordable)
    - signing a WR (I know everyone hopes for one of the top guys, but Iím afraid we canít pay that. I would be content with Marvin Jones.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast