Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I could see Getty trading back and targeting someone like that. There’s a chance that a QB or playmaker is on the board for us that someone would want. I would have no issue with us taking waddle/smith if they are the best player available but not sure Getty feels the same way. Patriots might be looking to get in that range for QB 4 or 5 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can’t lie after the first 5 words I stopped reading because he will never trade back.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    He's the best pure edge rusher (so not counting Rousseau because he's not entirely a pure EDGE prospect) and it's not exactly close, plus a freak of an athlete. Those typically don't last until 11, so yeah, if he's there, I'd run to the podium in the blink of an eye.
    Be prepared to cry then lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    17 game schedule approved by owners.

Pre season down to 3 games.

So still 20 overall between pre and regular season.

Giants 17 game this year will be at Miami Dolphins.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Miami let’s go. Might have to take a trip there
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Didn't he retire from football due to too many concussions? That's a pick we're not in a position to risk at this point.
    And then he came back and established himself as EDGE1. His 'retirement' lasted about two months. Obviously, there are still concerns, but ones I'd be willing to overlook for his type of talent.

And then he came back and established himself as EDGE1. His 'retirement' lasted about two months. Obviously, there are still concerns, but ones I'd be willing to overlook for his type of talent.
    No way, he is one hit away from retirement again.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    The Giants announce they have signed DB Joshua Kalu, DB Chris Milton and TE Cole Hikutini.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    No way, he is one hit away from retirement again.
    I'm confused as to why exactly are you taking that as a fact.

That's not a concern I'm willing to overlook. Maybe if we were the Buccaneers and just won a Super Bowl, we'd have the luxury of picking a guy who could have a one-year career based on talent alone. But we don't have picks to waste.

I'm confused as to why exactly are you taking that as a fact.
    I mean concussions are serious as any injury. If he already “retired “ from it what do you think he does when he gets millions and gets another one or two? It’s happened a bunch to players. No way I take him at 11
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    That's not a concern I'm willing to overlook. Maybe if we were the Buccaneers and just won a Super Bowl, we'd have the luxury of picking a guy who could have a one-year career based on talent alone. But we don't have picks to waste.
    I mean, the Bucs got to the Super Bowl signing a HC that everyone assumed might go back to retirement at any point, or 'quit' on his team like some thought he did on the Cardinals. Then they signed a 43-year-old quarterback everyone assumed to be washed. They also traded for a pass rusher who lost a couple of his fingers. They brought back from retirement an always injured tight end, who cited mental health as a reason for his previous retirement and at some point mentioned he has gone through at least 20 concussions, including at least 5 blacking-out ones. They also picked off the street a WR who for the previous two years couldn't stay out of trouble, both on and off the field, was considered a serious locker room troublemaker and nobody in the league would touch him.

Now, sure, that's not long-term roster-building, but it's a lot of risk-taking and concerns set aside that eventually led them to a ring. So Tampa Bay is not the team to cite here.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I mean concussions are serious as any injury. If he already “retired “ from it what do you think he does when he gets millions and gets another one or two? It’s happened a bunch to players. No way I take him at 11
    Yes, no doubt it's a very serious type of injury. It's a concern, sure. It's a pretty violent sport, regardless, and unfortunately it's not uncommon at all.

Again, he was retired for approximately two months. As I understand it, due to his last concussion he was supposed to take time off regardless, as per school policy. He took the medical advice, and after two concussions, two ankle injuries (with surgeries, if I'm not mistake) plus being hit by a car that broke his wrist, all in the time span of less than a year, he thought about doing something else. It lasted two months, then he realized that in his own words, he couldn't picture doing anything other than football. Well, music too, which he is very passionate about, but that's on the side.

He picked Miami, on a DL he wasn't guaranteed to start on. Took 2019 off as per eligibility, I believe, then proved himself a monster this past season. Not just highly athletic, but much more advanced than pretty much anyone else in terms of arsenal of moves and how he uses that athleticism. I don't think that's the doing of someone who is not serious about being a professional football player.

Nobody could have foreseen David Wilson's career, for example, coming to such an early end. Again, it's a violent sport and there will always be that risk. But it's pretty silly to assume that we can know how close to having a career-ending injury any given player really is. We're deep into the pre-Draft process. I am 100% confident NFL teams have weighed that possibility and have seriously discussed this with their medical staffs and the right people. If there were really concerns about his health among them, that would have slipped out by now, but that's not really the case here.

Giants 2022 cap hits:
    Williams: $26.5M
    Golladay: $21.2M
    Bradberry: $20.5M
    Jackson: $15.5M
    Martinez: $14M
    Ryan: $10.8M
    Shepard: $10.5M

John Mara today: "We’re desperately hoping that we’re going to have more revenue to work with and that the cap will be a little bit higher."

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Yeah those future cap hits are kinda terrifying. But it tells you they’re going all in year 3 of Jones and year 4 of Barkley. It also forecasts they’re gonna try to fill gaps in the draft to win now.

It makes some sense. You have to know if Jones and Barkley are the foundation. If they can’t win in 2021 the team will likely get blown up and a new GM will be tasked with ripping it to shreds to start over again.

I’m taking the over on this team and on Jones/Barkley in 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

The #Giants are hosting former #Patriots DB Jason McCourty, source said, as the team and McCourty are exploring a possible move in the future.

- Ian Rapoport

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223