Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Looking at who can create cap for us we do t have much of a choice. Maybe he can have his deal reworked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Extending him and restructuring the deal to be more of a SB would help I think.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Agree. Now we would be back in trying to fix our OL . I have been watching football before most of you were born and the key to a really good team is your OL . You don't have to have 5 all stars but you have to play together and know exactly what your fellow lineman are doing on every play.

It is like a Swiss watch , everything and everybody moves together.
    Yep both lines offensive and defensive are the biggest parts of the game. I do like the way are line is trending. I like Thomas and Peart as our Ts and I like Gates at C. He really improved throughout the year. Hernandez/Shane have shown flashes of being good. I really feel like we should keep zielter and rework his deal. I feel like we keep Williams but let Tomlinson walk. Think gettleman wants to add a WR in fa
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Yeah to be clear Iím not a fan of cutting Zeitler but the Giants have to decide where to use their cap space.

With the cap projected to be as much as $18 million lower than last year a lot of teams are going to have to cut some pretty good players and the market could be flooded with good to very good talent.

Without cutting Zeitler the Giants can cut Solder, Tate, Toilolo and Mayo, and trade Engram, and still get to just under $30 million in space.

With Jones entering year 3 and Barkley year 4, this team needs to become a legitimate 10 win, playoff team or this experiment could be over in a hurry. DG needs to hit a homerun in FA and the draft this year.
    Rework his contract extend him. You can easily save like 7 mill off his salary that way. I donít think we trade engram. We can get to like 35 mill in cap with the right restructures and cuts. Bring back Leonard Williams, add golladay and draft well weíll be right near that 10 win mark imo
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

If we got Williams back and brought in golladay. Bring back Lorenzo Carter on a team friendly deal we can focus on edge rusher ILB CB and maybe add another WR in the draft. I donít think weíre that far off from being a 10 win team
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

This offense needs a legitimate playmaking WR1. It needs an edge rusher that can feast off the havoc our interior DL can create.

We donít need Engram. Heís neither a real TE nor a playmaker you can rely on. Jones needs a reliable target over the middle that doesnít drop passes.

I donít care how much talent Engram has. Heís an offensive misfit.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    This offense needs a legitimate playmaking WR1. It needs an edge rusher that can feast off the havoc our interior DL can create.

We donít need Engram. Heís neither a real TE nor a playmaker you can rely on. Jones needs a reliable target over the middle that doesnít drop passes.

I donít care how much talent Engram has. Heís an offensive misfit.

Trading engram is fine if we get some kind of value. If we trade him for a 5th or whatever thag would be really dumb. We need to grab golladay an edge rusher in the draft. We need to keep Williams/Tomlinson somehow too. Itís gonna be really really tough because of the goddamn cap going down but it may be possible. I think zielter will be open to a restructured deal opening up some cap, and a few cuts could give us a shot. Part of me is hoping chase or Smith drops to 11 but we need that edge rusher as much as a WR and I think itís easier to find a WR in fa than an edge rusher
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

How many years are we going to sit and pray Engram becomes something he flat out is not?

Any draft pick, 5th round or better, we would get for him plus the cap space is worth more than this guy in terms of value to the 2021 team and beyond.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123