Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    We donít have the balls to make these moves

Or the brains

Iíd we do end up with the balls we would lose value because of our brains

Trade MM get anything for him

Build the defense
    I agree, MM-veteran QB's in general are at a premium right now. Gruden needs to flip his trade capital and work on the defense. It's all about the defense but knowing Gruden he will make another run at Antonio Brown not that he has some championship pedigree. I am joking (kind of)...

I am hoping Gus Bradley will have a strong voice in what players he will need.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    So you're not buying the speculation that Joyner will be released?
    I think, Joyner and Williams will renegotiate their deals and remain Raiders, Williams was a scoring machine when healthy with Carr. He can help our redzone woes. I think Joyner's cap hit is 11m... I have no problems starting fresh at safety. I don't consider Abram a safety, He is more a LBer at this point and should play as if.

I think the goal has to be to free enough cap space to be able to sign 2 impact players on defense. Cut Trent Brown and draft 1 of the many quality tackles in the 1st round. Trade Mariota for a 3rd and draft all defense in the middle rounds.

Raiders 2021 Offeseason Discussion: Free Agency, Coaching Staff, Cuts, Etc

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMackin View Post
    I think the goal has to be to free enough cap space to be able to sign 2 impact players on defense. Cut Trent Brown and draft 1 of the many quality tackles in the 1st round. Trade Mariota for a 3rd and draft all defense in the middle rounds.
    I think youíre on the right path...I donít think we should use a first on a tackle though. But replacing Brown with a cheaper version that actually plays is a huge priority this offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    I think, Joyner and Williams will renegotiate their deals and remain Raiders, Williams was a scoring machine when healthy with Carr. He can help our redzone woes. I think Joyner's cap hit is 11m... I have no problems starting fresh at safety. I don't consider Abram a safety, He is more a LBer at this point and should play as if.
    Isn't he too small to be a LB? As a matter of fact he's even light for a safety.

A lot of us have forgotten about Tanner Muse. He was the Safety out of Clemson we selected in the 3rd round last year. His highlight videos look exciting. He hits hard enough and seems to cover well enough...but those are highlights...What can we expect his role to be in 2021? I seriously doubt he starts, so he'll probably be depth and special teams.

Check out his highlights on YouTube.

Just a reminder he's lingering...
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    A lot of us have forgotten about Tanner Muse. He was the Safety out of Clemson we selected in the 3rd round last year. His highlight videos look exciting. He hits hard enough and seems to cover well enough...but those are highlights...What can we expect his role to be in 2021? I seriously doubt he starts, so he'll probably be depth and special teams.

Well he was a safety but remember they drafted him as a LB and he spent all training camp learning LB. Hey may play some LB/S mix but i expect his primary role to to be pure LB. As you mentioned this season still will likely be depth and special teams.

Iím hearing the McNeil kid from NCST is a great NT prospect. Iím down.

In a dream scenario, the Raiders trade down twice and get 3-4 2nd round picks. There are some very good players in the 2nd round.

Kawann Short DT released by Carolina... 2-time Pro Bowler... he had 11 sacks in 2015, 6 and 7.5 sacks in '16 and '17... but he's barely played the last couple of years. Not sure if we want to go down the injury prone route again. He got released in a salary dump... perhaps we can pick him up on the cheap? see if he's got anything to offer?

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Everyone keeps saying last year was Abrams first full year, so we have to at least see what he's learned. But he obviously needs to see a depth chart at this point that doesn't list him as the starter. He needs to work for it.

As for Abrams playing LB, he's too small and takes bad tackle angles. Even as his body matures I don't see him putting on additional muscle without becoming fragile in the process. His frame doesn't look like it can really support it. And like I said, the kid's instincts are suspect at this point.

No, let's leave Abrams under SS and make sure that he knows that it doesn't stand for Strong Safety, it stands for "sink or swim." He needs to step up in a major way this offseason.

Let's hope that he's healthy enough to send Harris packing.

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    Kawann Short DT released by Carolina... 2-time Pro Bowler... he had 11 sacks in 2015, 6 and 7.5 sacks in '16 and '17... but he's barely played the last couple of years. Not sure if we want to go down the injury prone route again. He got released in a salary dump... perhaps we can pick him up on the cheap? see if he's got anything to offer?
    It wouldn't surprise me if Short hangs them up. Word is he has a chronic shoulder injury. I can't see the Raiders taking a flyer on him, but you never know.

Nope. Not on board with that at all...

You ring their line...they ask for more. You pound your fist, hold your ground, tell them to enjoy their pissed off QB that's not a Texan at heart and give them a loud dial tone.

Just for *****s and giggles, tell the Texans Your dialing up the Colts next...

Betcha our phone rings rather quickly...

Watson doesn't want to be there. I'm glad we have a QB that wants to be a Raider and a backup QB that's a "hot commidity"

We hold the upper hand in trade scenarios and COULD make something work if they play reasonably...
    You hold your ground, they trade to teams like Miami who has two firsts this year(one being the 3rd pick), 2 seconds and can trade next years first and throw in tua for extra. And to that helps Houston now, not 3 years from now.
    So in our trade we can get a good qb, and our d will still suck. He has no loyalty to a team he JUST signed a 39 mil a year contract. If he didnít want to be there, he shouldnít have signed his deal.

When I mean play Abram at LBer, I mean he is the hybrid SS/Lber in a 4-2-5, I don't feel like he can cover, His strength is covering the RB, In run mostly. He gets burned when it is cover...

TBH. If we could trade him, I would. Before everyone realizes he isn't worth anything.. I get this was his first full year, But he was so bad at coverage I don't think he can go from worst to one of the best. Maybe average. Gruden loves his effort and love for football but that isn't helping us on defense.