Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 46 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 2868
  1. #676
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The North Shore of O'ahu Hawaii
    Posts
    2,834
    I'm going to start this post off by saying I am a Derek Carr supporter.

    However, my mind began to wander...

    IF we traded both Carr and Mariota, would we have enough draft capital to pull off a trade for Watson?

    Would we still be able to keep a 1st rounder this season?

    I think the Texans will eventually break and Watson will be on the move.

    It's a risky proposition. Think like this:

    QB1 Watson
    QB2 Nathan Peterman
    QB3 Kyle Sloter

    If nothing else, it's piqued my interest..

    Thoughts???
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

    ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

  2. #677
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,264
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    I'm going to start this post off by saying I am a Derek Carr supporter.

    However, my mind began to wander...

    IF we traded both Carr and Mariota, would we have enough draft capital to pull off a trade for Watson?

    Would we still be able to keep a 1st rounder this season?

    I think the Texans will eventually break and Watson will be on the move.

    It's a risky proposition. Think like this:

    QB1 Watson
    QB2 Nathan Peterman
    QB3 Kyle Sloter

    If nothing else, it's piqued my interest..

    Thoughts???
    Itís rumored that Houstonís ďstarting bidĒ is 3 1st. Or at least rumored starting bid. Thatís the start.

    When itís all said and done, and assuming they move Watson, I would think it might take 4 1st to get him.

    So, short story long, we wonít have enough draft capital with trading Carr and Mariota alone. We would still need to trade a 1st, at the very least.

  3. #678
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,286
    Looks like S Simmons will be franchise tagged by the Broncos. Reported by La Canfora

    So that would realistically leave us with Marcus Williams, Harris and John Johnson. There are others but they are more ss types. Marcus Williams to me would be the guy cuz he had a 90 percent coverage grade by pff. I think next in line was Johnson at 86 percent

  4. #679
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,286
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    I'm going to start this post off by saying I am a Derek Carr supporter.

    However, my mind began to wander...

    IF we traded both Carr and Mariota, would we have enough draft capital to pull off a trade for Watson?

    Would we still be able to keep a 1st rounder this season?

    I think the Texans will eventually break and Watson will be on the move.

    It's a risky proposition. Think like this:

    QB1 Watson
    QB2 Nathan Peterman
    QB3 Kyle Sloter

    If nothing else, it's piqued my interest..

    Thoughts???
    We have the number 10 ranked offense and the 30th ranked d.

    So we improve our d by getting a qb and giving up 3 first rounders? I like him but we should be trying to figure ways out to get a good passrusher, a good lb, a good rt and a great fs.

  5. #680
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,971
    These trade rumors are out of hand. Bunch of idiots that make up all this nonsense.

    Let's face it , the NFL is just not that interesting, hence all the bull----.

  6. #681
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,901
    For some reason I think people think Mariota is going to net us a 1st... We will be lucky to get a 6th round pick.

  7. #682
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Looks like S Simmons will be franchise tagged by the Broncos. Reported by La Canfora

    So that would realistically leave us with Marcus Williams, Harris and John Johnson. There are others but they are more ss types. Marcus Williams to me would be the guy cuz he had a 90 percent coverage grade by pff. I think next in line was Johnson at 86 percent
    Thank god.Let the donkeys overpay for a safety.I hope marcus william,harris,and johnson don't come here.

  8. #683
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,901
    We need upgrades at the Dline and Safety, I think 2 new safeties tbh.. But, Id go into the season with joyner as a FS but we need another for 2 deep safety looks, Abram will play the box safety in a big nickle look

  9. #684
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,514
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    We need upgrades at the Dline and Safety, I think 2 new safeties tbh.. But, Id go into the season with joyner as a FS but we need another for 2 deep safety looks, Abram will play the box safety in a big nickle look
    So you're not buying the speculation that Joyner will be released?

  10. #685
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    8,469
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    For some reason I think people think Mariota is going to net us a 1st... We will be lucky to get a 6th round pick.
    Too many QBs on the move, itís a buyers market. Plus I think Marriotaís value is over hyped. He may think of himself as a starter but I think thatís not the case....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

  11. #686
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The North Shore of O'ahu Hawaii
    Posts
    2,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    We have the number 10 ranked offense and the 30th ranked d.

    So we improve our d by getting a qb and giving up 3 first rounders? I like him but we should be trying to figure ways out to get a good passrusher, a good lb, a good rt and a great fs.

    That's EXACTLY why I asked if the draft Capital from a Carr and Mariota trade would be enough.

    We could use the Carr-Mariota picks on a trade for Watson while using the current draft capital we have to address the teams issues on defense.

    I wouldn't sacrifice this year's 1st rounder (#17) nor any future 1st rounders in a trade for Watson. Essentially, it would be a Carr-Mariota trade for Watson straight up. Nothing more.

    Rework a few contracts, release a few players and retool the team with the money gained from previous contractual obligations...


    That's all I was saying...

    Carr-Mariota for Watson straight up....
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

    ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

  12. #687
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    18,017
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    That's EXACTLY why I asked if the draft Capital from a Carr and Mariota trade would be enough.

    We could use the Carr-Mariota picks on a trade for Watson while using the current draft capital we have to address the teams issues on defense.

    I wouldn't sacrifice this year's 1st rounder (#17) nor any future 1st rounders in a trade for Watson. Essentially, it would be a Carr-Mariota trade for Watson straight up. Nothing more.

    Rework a few contracts, release a few players and retool the team with the money gained from previous contractual obligations...


    That's all I was saying...

    Carr-Mariota for Watson straight up....
    Yeah... no. Houston wants 3 First Round picks and 2 starting players.

    If you could get Carr for Watson, straight up? 1000% take that deal. Carr + '21 / '22 first round picks? 100% take that deal.

    The Raiders will need to trade Carr, take those assets and package them with another 1-2 first round picks to get Houston interested. And, worst case scenario, Houston backs out (they will, I bet) and then Vegas is screwed.

    Just fix the defense.

  13. #688
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The North Shore of O'ahu Hawaii
    Posts
    2,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Yeah... no. Houston wants 3 First Round picks and 2 starting players.

    If you could get Carr for Watson, straight up? 1000% take that deal. Carr + '21 / '22 first round picks? 100% take that deal.

    The Raiders will need to trade Carr, take those assets and package them with another 1-2 first round picks to get Houston interested. And, worst case scenario, Houston backs out (they will, I bet) and then Vegas is screwed.

    Just fix the defense.
    Nope. Not on board with that at all...

    You ring their line...they ask for more. You pound your fist, hold your ground, tell them to enjoy their pissed off QB that's not a Texan at heart and give them a loud dial tone.

    Just for *****s and giggles, tell the Texans Your dialing up the Colts next...

    Betcha our phone rings rather quickly...

    Watson doesn't want to be there. I'm glad we have a QB that wants to be a Raider and a backup QB that's a "hot commidity"

    We hold the upper hand in trade scenarios and COULD make something work if they play reasonably...
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

    ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

  14. #689
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,444
    So if we get rid of Agholor and Williams, wouldnt JuJu be a good get? Then if Booker doesnt resign go after Bell? We must obviously fix our Defense and Leo should be our top Defensive target with Sherman and Johnson next.

    FA additions:

    Leo Williams
    Richard Sherman
    John Johnson
    JuJu
    Bell

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


    IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

  15. #690
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    4,054
    We donít have the balls to make these moves

    Or the brains

    Iíd we do end up with the balls we would lose value because of our brains

    Trade MM get anything for him

    Build the defense

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •