Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    I'm going to start this post off by saying I am a Derek Carr supporter.

However, my mind began to wander...

IF we traded both Carr and Mariota, would we have enough draft capital to pull off a trade for Watson?

Would we still be able to keep a 1st rounder this season?

I think the Texans will eventually break and Watson will be on the move.

It's a risky proposition. Think like this:

QB1 Watson
    QB2 Nathan Peterman
    QB3 Kyle Sloter

If nothing else, it's piqued my interest..

Thoughts???
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post

IF we traded both Carr and Mariota, would we have enough draft capital to pull off a trade for Watson?

QB1 Watson
    QB2 Nathan Peterman
    QB3 Kyle Sloter

Thoughts???
    Itís rumored that Houstonís ďstarting bidĒ is 3 1st. Or at least rumored starting bid. Thatís the start.

When itís all said and done, and assuming they move Watson, I would think it might take 4 1st to get him.

So, short story long, we wonít have enough draft capital with trading Carr and Mariota alone. We would still need to trade a 1st, at the very least.

Looks like S Simmons will be franchise tagged by the Broncos. Reported by La Canfora

So that would realistically leave us with Marcus Williams, Harris and John Johnson. There are others but they are more ss types. Marcus Williams to me would be the guy cuz he had a 90 percent coverage grade by pff. I think next in line was Johnson at 86 percent

QB1 Watson
    QB2 Nathan Peterman
    QB3 Kyle Sloter

Thoughts???
    We have the number 10 ranked offense and the 30th ranked d.

So we improve our d by getting a qb and giving up 3 first rounders? I like him but we should be trying to figure ways out to get a good passrusher, a good lb, a good rt and a great fs.

These trade rumors are out of hand. Bunch of idiots that make up all this nonsense.

Let's face it , the NFL is just not that interesting, hence all the bull----.

For some reason I think people think Mariota is going to net us a 1st... We will be lucky to get a 6th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Looks like S Simmons will be franchise tagged by the Broncos. Reported by La Canfora

So that would realistically leave us with Marcus Williams, Harris and John Johnson. There are others but they are more ss types. Marcus Williams to me would be the guy cuz he had a 90 percent coverage grade by pff. I think next in line was Johnson at 86 percent
    Thank god.Let the donkeys overpay for a safety.I hope marcus william,harris,and johnson don't come here.

We need upgrades at the Dline and Safety, I think 2 new safeties tbh.. But, Id go into the season with joyner as a FS but we need another for 2 deep safety looks, Abram will play the box safety in a big nickle look

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    We need upgrades at the Dline and Safety, I think 2 new safeties tbh.. But, Id go into the season with joyner as a FS but we need another for 2 deep safety looks, Abram will play the box safety in a big nickle look
    So you're not buying the speculation that Joyner will be released?

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    For some reason I think people think Mariota is going to net us a 1st... We will be lucky to get a 6th round pick.
    Too many QBs on the move, itís a buyers market. Plus I think Marriotaís value is over hyped. He may think of himself as a starter but I think thatís not the case....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    We have the number 10 ranked offense and the 30th ranked d.

So we improve our d by getting a qb and giving up 3 first rounders? I like him but we should be trying to figure ways out to get a good passrusher, a good lb, a good rt and a great fs.

That's EXACTLY why I asked if the draft Capital from a Carr and Mariota trade would be enough.

We could use the Carr-Mariota picks on a trade for Watson while using the current draft capital we have to address the teams issues on defense.

I wouldn't sacrifice this year's 1st rounder (#17) nor any future 1st rounders in a trade for Watson. Essentially, it would be a Carr-Mariota trade for Watson straight up. Nothing more.

Rework a few contracts, release a few players and retool the team with the money gained from previous contractual obligations...

That's all I was saying...

Carr-Mariota for Watson straight up....
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

That's EXACTLY why I asked if the draft Capital from a Carr and Mariota trade would be enough.

We could use the Carr-Mariota picks on a trade for Watson while using the current draft capital we have to address the teams issues on defense.

I wouldn't sacrifice this year's 1st rounder (#17) nor any future 1st rounders in a trade for Watson. Essentially, it would be a Carr-Mariota trade for Watson straight up. Nothing more.

Rework a few contracts, release a few players and retool the team with the money gained from previous contractual obligations...

That's all I was saying...

Carr-Mariota for Watson straight up....
    Yeah... no. Houston wants 3 First Round picks and 2 starting players.

If you could get Carr for Watson, straight up? 1000% take that deal. Carr + '21 / '22 first round picks? 100% take that deal.

The Raiders will need to trade Carr, take those assets and package them with another 1-2 first round picks to get Houston interested. And, worst case scenario, Houston backs out (they will, I bet) and then Vegas is screwed.

Just fix the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Yeah... no. Houston wants 3 First Round picks and 2 starting players.

If you could get Carr for Watson, straight up? 1000% take that deal. Carr + '21 / '22 first round picks? 100% take that deal.

The Raiders will need to trade Carr, take those assets and package them with another 1-2 first round picks to get Houston interested. And, worst case scenario, Houston backs out (they will, I bet) and then Vegas is screwed.

Just fix the defense.
    Nope. Not on board with that at all...

You ring their line...they ask for more. You pound your fist, hold your ground, tell them to enjoy their pissed off QB that's not a Texan at heart and give them a loud dial tone.

Just for *****s and giggles, tell the Texans Your dialing up the Colts next...

Betcha our phone rings rather quickly...

Watson doesn't want to be there. I'm glad we have a QB that wants to be a Raider and a backup QB that's a "hot commidity"

We hold the upper hand in trade scenarios and COULD make something work if they play reasonably...

So if we get rid of Agholor and Williams, wouldnt JuJu be a good get? Then if Booker doesnt resign go after Bell? We must obviously fix our Defense and Leo should be our top Defensive target with Sherman and Johnson next.

FA additions:

Leo Williams
    Richard Sherman
    John Johnson
    JuJu
    Bell

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

We donít have the balls to make these moves

Or the brains

Iíd we do end up with the balls we would lose value because of our brains

Trade MM get anything for him