Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 45 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 2976
  1. #661
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Here is the question though: can they give bonuses to current players in order to open cap space and still give bonuses to lure FAs?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, thatís how restructuring works. Just donít want to do it too often because youíre lowering a players cap hit for this year but raising it in future years. Kind like putting the salary cap on a credit card.

  2. #662
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Plunkett4HoF View Post
    If one of Wilson's complaints is his O-line in Seattle, he won't be pleased with a move to the Giants.
    He loves NY and loves the Giants... He spends time with the Yankees in spring training... I just think he wants out of Seattle. Im not sure how he feels about the Jets, But, I think Jones is worth more then Darnold

  3. #663
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,535
    Love this time of year. Log onto PSD and there's clickbait about the Raiders going after Le'Veon Bell. Sure, why not? One speculative rumor is as good as any other, I suppose. Sigh.

  4. #664
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,314
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    If he offered more money, that by definition means that those guys didn't have better options elsewhere and it wasn't Gruden's charm or innate persuasive skills that got them to the Raiders. Money talks and bull**** walks...which is what all three would have done, but for Gruden opening the vault.
    I mean with Littleton most people were surprised we got him as cheap as we did. That doesnt say overpaid/no other options to me.

  5. #665
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,314
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Love this time of year. Log onto PSD and there's clickbait about the Raiders going after Le'Veon Bell. Sure, why not? One speculative rumor is as good as any other, I suppose. Sigh.
    Like on the PSD homepage or in the forum? I havent seen anything saying Raiders are going after Bell. That said Raiders tried to sign him in free agency and were talking to him after he was cut again last season. Gruden does like Bell and yes still a rumor currently its possible they do.

  6. #666
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,535
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I mean with Littleton most people were surprised we got him as cheap as we did. That doesnt say overpaid/no other options to me.

    Littleton went undrafted signing with the Rams on a 3 year contract that was mostly chump change by NFL standards. In 2019 he played under a one year tender of $3M. Still, not big dollars. No, his first big payday came from the Raiders. He inked a 3 year deal for $36M with $22M guaranteed. Big jump from scraps that he was earning. The fact that it put him in a city only a 4 hour drive away from LA where he lives didn't hurt, either.

    Yeah, no, I'm not giving Gruden credit for somehow Svengali-ing players to the Raiders. Not unless there is clear proof that someone walked away from a better deal. Not a projection, but an actual deal.

  7. #667
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,535
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Like on the PSD homepage or in the forum? I havent seen anything saying Raiders are going after Bell. That said Raiders tried to sign him in free agency and were talking to him after he was cut again last season. Gruden does like Bell and yes still a rumor currently its possible they do.
    Here you go...

    https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...rs-676083.html

  8. #668
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,314
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Well pay 0 attention to any article that comes from PSD directly.

  9. #669
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,314
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Littleton went undrafted signing with the Rams on a 3 year contract that was mostly chump change by NFL standards. In 2019 he played under a one year tender of $3M. Still, not big dollars. No, his first big payday came from the Raiders. He inked a 3 year deal for $36M with $22M guaranteed. Big jump from scraps that he was earning. The fact that it put him in a city only a 4 hour drive away from LA where he lives didn't hurt, either.

    Yeah, no, I'm not giving Gruden credit for somehow Svengali-ing players to the Raiders. Not unless there is clear proof that someone walked away from a better deal. Not a projection, but an actual deal.

    A player being undrafted has nothing to do with their second salary. PFF along with several other sources thought we did very well on the Littleton deal at the time of signing. You dont have to believe that we convinced him to play here. Thats fine.

    Either way whether we offer the most money or not players still have to be convinced to join any team. Players every year say they bypass larger $ for a better situation. Some players just only care about the $ amount and nothing else matters to them. All players are different but at the end of the day you are convince any player to play for your franchise. Either with money, playing time, or coaching.

  10. #670
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,567
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Well pay 0 attention to any article that comes from PSD directly.
    If it were true, I'd keep Booker. He played hard for us. No to Bell.

  11. #671
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,292
    Players I would be happy to bring in out of fa:

    DT: 1. JJ Watt(cheaper) 2.Leonard Williams

    DE: 1. Hendrickson 2.Ngaque 3.Takk 4. Floyd

    S: 1. Simmons 2.Marcus Williams 3.J Johnson 4.Harris 5.Hooker

    OT: 1.Villanueva(so underrated) 2. Moton

    CB: 1.Peterson 2.Sherman 3.W Jackson 4.D King 5.Rhodes

    WR: 1.Watkins 2. Agholor (Allen Robinson would be nice but he will probably cost 20 mil a year).

  12. #672
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,292
    I would like to have the offseason look like this:
    Cap, 9 mil over

    Cut or trade: T Brown, Mariota, Incognito, Tyrell, and Joyner. Clearing about 50 mil. After this move it puts us about 41 under.

    Restructure carr, gabe, Nassib and Hudson. Clearing about 13 mil. Putting us at 54 mil!

    Sign: Watt, Agholor, Marcus Williams and Villanueva. Thinking it would cost us about 40 mil. Leaving us enough to sign draft picks.

    Draft DT Barmore, DE Patrick Jones, LB Moses, OG Meinerz, CB Tre Brown, LB Werner, Master Teague

    We would look like:
    Qb- DC. RB- Jacobs, Master Teague
    TE- Waller WR- Agh, RUggs, 3rd and Renfrow. FB- The Tank
    OT- Miller, Villanueva, Parker
    Og- Meinerz, Jackson, Simpson, Cotton
    C- Hud

    DE- Jones, Crosby, Ferrell, Nassib
    DT- Watt, Barmore, Hurst
    LB- Littleton, Kwaitkoski, Moses, Werner
    CB- Mullen, Arnette, Amik, Tre Brown
    S- Abram, Marcus Williams

  13. #673
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    18,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Draft DT Barmore, DE Patrick Jones, LB Moses, OG Meinerz, CB Tre Brown, LB Werner, Master Teague
    Sold.

    You had me at: "Draft DT ... "

  14. #674
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,391
    I hope christian darrisaw falls to us.This is a deep o line class and darrisaw will fix that right tackle spot for many years.

    If we get rid of brown I don't see us taking defense with the 1st pick .

    Dayviyon,tufele,levi,or wilson will be there in the 2nd.

  15. #675
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,579
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    I hope christian darrisaw falls to us.This is a deep o line class and darrisaw will fix that right tackle spot for many years.

    If we get rid of brown I don't see us taking defense with the 1st pick .

    Dayviyon,tufele,levi,or wilson will be there in the 2nd.
    Drafting a RT could be a good move if it means cutting Trent Brown as long as the cap space goes on the defensive side of the ball afterwards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •