Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 220 of 227 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3395
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Watson was so good he had a 4-12 season with good d players on his team and good players on that team to support.
    Yes that makes tons of sense. The Texans 30th ranked defense and idiot coach/GM that destroyed the roster did their job, but Watson who led the league in passing with a 5:1 TD to INT ratio is to blame. Guy is a scrub!

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I dislike an awful lot about the Watson story. I wouldn't say 20+ women are lying, but I also wouldn't say the Texans didn't pull some really shady stuff to get those stories into the public eye.

tl;dr -- Either the Texans helped fabricate some of that stuff, or looked the other way for years while it happened.

Watson is likely radioactive in a locker room for the next 2-3 years. Given the price Houston will ask, I'd pass in a heartbeat.
    They gained nothing from the stories coming to light. Fabricating them wouldnít serve their interests as his value is in the trash.

Now look the other way and potentially trying to help brush some stuff under the rugÖ 100% believe theyíd do that for their franchise player and face of team.

I told yall maxx was gonna be the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Yes that makes tons of sense. The Texans 30th ranked defense and idiot coach/GM that destroyed the roster did their job, but Watson who led the league in passing with a 5:1 TD to INT ratio is to blame. Guy is a scrub!
    Didnít the raiders have the 30th ranked d?
    Itís gotta be rough for him having crappy players on his team like jj watt, McKinney, many pro bowlers and throwing to guys like Hopkins. Cuz he sucks. I guess guys like Hankins and ruggs are comparable. Lol

His numbers were over inflated because they were so behind it was pad the stats time running up stats against 2nd or third string defenses. Lol

Maybe he wasnít winning as much as the raiders because he was too busy getting massages. You pay 40 mil a year, you should get more than 4-12 record, right? Without the 22 allegations
    Last edited by Megatron; 07-28-2021 at 10:09 PM.

JJ Watt is a shell of his former self, and of course as you know Hopkins was traded before the season in what was widely recognized as the worst trade the league has seen in years. Thereís a reason Bill Obrien was fired 4 games into the season. He destroyed the roster and they are still feeling the effects of his mismanagement, looking like a lock to be picking in the top 3. At least theyíll get to keep that pick instead of owing it to someone else in yet another brutal trade.

Iím not debating these allegations, Iím only referring to his play on the field. He is a top 5 QB without question. It wasnít that long ago they were leading KC 24-0 in the divisional round before KC started doing KC things. We havenít sniffed that type of success in 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    JJ Watt is a shell of his former self, and of course as you know Hopkins was traded before the season in what was widely recognized as the worst trade the league has seen in years. Thereís a reason Bill Obrien was fired 4 games into the season. He destroyed the roster and they are still feeling the effects of his mismanagement, looking like a lock to be picking in the top 3. At least theyíll get to keep that pick instead of owing it to someone else in yet another brutal trade.

Iím not debating these allegations, Iím only referring to his play on the field. He is a top 5 QB without question. It wasnít that long ago they were leading KC 24-0 in the divisional round before KC started doing KC things. We havenít sniffed that type of success in 20 years.
    So carr gets crap because heís not winning. Even though he has a 30th ranked d and no number one wr? But Watson gets a pass at 4-12?

Letís play The Whoís better game:
    Dt - watt or Hankins, Thomas or David Erving all put together? Even on a bad year for him, watt is better than any dts we have.

Lb
    Cunningham or any lb we have(Littleton, morrow or Kwaitkoski). He arguably the best lb in the nfl now.

How about wr:
    Us
    Ruggs, agholor and renfrow
    Orrrrr
    Cooks(1150 yards last year), fuller(has had 1k before) and Cobb.
    Not even close

He gets a pass even when he has off the field indiscretions. And the guy is getting over 40 mil!

What about kicking the tires on Dre Kirkpatrick?

Hey Megatron, why did you leave out offensive line and TE? Heck Waller might be better than Cooks, Fuller and Cobb put together. Plus he was running for his life last year. The defense stuff I donít get when you are comparing quarterbacks head to head. Iím curious is there anybody other than Meg who would take Carr over Watson if you had to choose between the two to start building your team? With Watson off field stuff it definitely closes the gap. But if Watson is cleared and you could move forward and had to choose between them. Iíd go Watson considering we would have to extend Carr and he probably gets close to 40 million also.

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Hey Megatron, why did you leave out offensive line and TE? Heck Waller might be better than Cooks, Fuller and Cobb put together.
    The OL for us was average at best last year. Waller's great, though.

The defense stuff I donít get when you are comparing quarterbacks head to head.
    It matters only in the sense that people hold DC's record against him on a team with terrible D, so those same people should do the same for Watson. I don't tend to hold it against any QB though ... as I posted a while back, teams that give up points like we do almost always end up with horrific records regardless of QB.

There's been like 6 teams in the last 5 years that have averaged more points on offense than we gave up ... there's no path to a winning record with this defense, period. You not only have to score more points, you often have fewer possessions to do it in, worse starting field position most times, and you find yourself playing from behind a ton.

Watson may or may not be the "better" QB (I'd lean towards slightly better, and factoring in age definitely have him ahead), but no one should be under any illusions that last year's team would have been any better off with him or any other QB.

The running game was sporadic. We had one reliable pass catcher. The defense was terrible. And the OL had a down year. Can we really not give DC any credit?

Hey Megatron, why did you leave out offensive line and TE? Heck Waller might be better than Cooks, Fuller and Cobb put together. Plus he was running for his life last year. The defense stuff I donít get when you are comparing quarterbacks head to head. Iím curious is there anybody other than Meg who would take Carr over Watson if you had to choose between the two to start building your team? With Watson off field stuff it definitely closes the gap. But if Watson is cleared and you could move forward and had to choose between them. Iíd go Watson considering we would have to extend Carr and he probably gets close to 40 million also.
    First, I like Watson as a player just shouldnít be getting 40 mil. His last three years he went 10-6, 8-8, 6-10. Progressively worse. And letís pay him 40 mil. Yet people complain about carr and he went 4-12, 7-9, 8-8. Getting better with no number 1 wr. And with arguably the worst d in football. Who got better value? 40 mil for 6-10 season or 20 mil for an 8-8 season without 22 sexual touching allegations?

1. Are you telling me you would rather have Waller ruggs and edwards, than cooks, Cobb and fuller.

The comparison that Waller is better than all three is dumb. Waller has had 2 1k seasons. Cook has had 5 seasons out of his last 6 weíre over a 1,000 yards a year. Fuller and Cobb are better than any we had last year.

2. Would you rather have watt than any of our dts?

3. Who do we have better than Cunningham on our d??? Nobody is the answer.

We should just switch to a 3-4. Make Hankins the nose. Bring in Avery Williamson to play Ilb with Kwaitkoski. And call it a day

As far as this year and going forward, Iíd rather have waller ruggs and Edwards. Ruggs and Edwards were rookies last year. Fuller has issues and Cobb is old. Cooks is a solid WRÖ but I know everyone would rank walker as a top 5 TE and no one has cooks even in the top 15 WRsÖ

I honestly think ruggs and Edwards will surprise a lot of people out there this year.

Cooks is solid but Fuller is a one trick pony who drops more passes than an Eagles Agholor, and Cobb only plays well when Rodgers is throwing him the ball. Waller is the best player on that list Iíd take the best player and whatever comes with him. Also of course Iíd rather have Watt he is the better player Than what we have, just like Watson is better than Carr. But I agree at 40 million no way is Watson worth that kind of money. Hopefully our three stooges donít give Carr some ridiculous deal like that.

For what itís worth Iím sure you read the ESPN article where they polled 50 Coaches, GMs to rate the quarterbacks 1-34. Carr was rated 15. Watson was rated at #4. Than he was taken off the list pending his 22 allegations of being a dipshitz pervert. I definitely wouldnít want him in a Raiders jersey. But is he better? Hell yeah!!

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    As far as this year and going forward, Iíd rather have waller ruggs and Edwards. Ruggs and Edwards were rookies last year. Fuller has issues and Cobb is old. Cooks is a solid WRÖ but I know everyone would rank walker as a top 5 TE and no one has cooks even in the top 15 WRsÖ

I honestly think ruggs and Edwards will surprise a lot of people out there this year.
    There is something about having a wr who has had 1,000+ 5 out of the last 6 years helps.

We have a lot of faith in edwards who has a grand total of 193 yards in the nfl. Brown will be our number one guy

Lack of WRís will be the excuse in a few months?

Itís always something.

-Stork

Cooks is solid but Fuller is a one trick pony who drops more passes than an Eagles Agholor, and Cobb only plays well when Rodgers is throwing him the ball. Waller is the best player on that list Iíd take the best player and whatever comes with him. Also of course Iíd rather have Watt he is the better player Than what we have, just like Watson is better than Carr. But I agree at 40 million no way is Watson worth that kind of money. Hopefully our three stooges donít give Carr some ridiculous deal like that.

For what itís worth Iím sure you read the ESPN article where they polled 50 Coaches, GMs to rate the quarterbacks 1-34. Carr was rated 15. Watson was rated at #4. Than he was taken off the list pending his 22 allegations of being a dipshitz pervert. I definitely wouldnít want him in a Raiders jersey. But is he better? Hell yeah!!
    I think my issue has been that people say carr needs to be replaced because we arenít winning. When he had a top wr(Cooper), he was an mvp candidate. Then when we abandoned having a top wr and a decent d, we started losing. We have the 30th ranked d and a top 10 o. We must replace carr. It makes no sense unless carr plays de, s or cb. Just like itís not watsons fault his d doesnít play well.