Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 216 of 227 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3395
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Would you rather be right and him suck

Or be wrong and the team be better
    I prefer that they face reality and go with a proven player in Martin, who could be almost as good as Hudson when it comes to passblocking.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    His preference matters? Preference should impact what people perceive, infer and communicate?

Orwell would be proud.

-Stork
    It matters to me.

Curious about you guys sometimes.

I get a snippet and snapshot of ones personality occasionally and I always imagine the real life counterpart isnít always so sad/negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    It matters to me.

Curious about you guys sometimes.

I get a snippet and snapshot of ones personality occasionally and I always imagine the real life counterpart isnít always so sad/negative.
    Yeah, critical thinking is a burden.

-Stork

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Yeah, critical thinking is a burden.

-Stork
    Yeah I agree.

Looking at the whole picture and not relying on emotional drivel is hard, but more satisfying.

See our previous Carr vs McGloin chats.

Or the most recent Carr hasnít earned any respect post.

Critical thinking... man such a burden

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    I prefer that they face reality and go with a proven player in Martin, who could be almost as good as Hudson when it comes to passblocking.
    Iím glad they took a chance on Waller.

Glad they went with the proven player in Antonio Brown.

James hasnít proven anything yet. We paid him more than his production warrants, so obviously weíre high on him. Either way though, the combination of James and martin doesnít wow anyone yet. And center is an important position on the field.

Our oline has a few areas of concern. It will be a big question mark going in to this season. We need leatherwood to be a good draft pick. We need incognito to avoid injuries. We need Good to play as well as or better than last season. And one of the biggest needs- Miller avoiding injury.

Canít blame media for not projecting this oline to be great. The only reason Iím not more concerned is that we seem to do a good job of coaching our OL to play better than expected. Itís funny, because when you look at it, our secondary is stacked with talent/high draft picks yet i feel like most fans have more confidence in the Oline than the secondary.

Moving the Chains, Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller have us in the top 10 on the Oline... Sooo when you say media... I would say to stay away from the networks that are looking for ratings, And listen to guys with knowledge and no bias to selling commercial time.

Hudson was the worst run blocker in the league, And the problem with that is the center on running plays is vital to get to their guy. He was always a over rated center. Jackson and Brown were lazy. I dont see a step back with whoever we run out there. James played well in 2 games the following year.. Paying him now is a gamble, If he plays really well this year then next year it could cost us more.

^^^ N. Martin is a very good passblocker. That's why I prefer him to be the starter. This is just another instance where Cable doesn't give two ***** about protecting his quarterback.

^^^ N. Martin is a very good passblocker. That's why I prefer him to be the starter. This is just another instance where Cable doesn't give two ***** about protecting his quarterback.

I understand you dont like Cable but to say he wants to get his QB hit? Thats quite a stretch

You can't say Martin is a better pass blocker, James might be the best pass blocker in the league... We need to find out what the young guys can or can not do... Martin I am sure was brought in for insurance in case James struggles... We will see, If we don't then why bother bringing in any young guys do develop?

Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    I understand you dont like Cable but to say he wants to get his QB hit? Thats quite a stretch
    Cable always believed in a run first offense. That's why his quarterbacks are always getting killed. They stacked this line with young runblockers like Simpson and Leatherwood. They think they can cover up Leatherwood's weaknesses as a passblocker by putting him at right tackle, a position that he has never played before on a regular basis. I said it before and I say it again it wouldn't surprise me to see Leatherwood playing guard eventually along with Simpson.

^^^ I still say N. Martin is the better center and his track record proves it. He could turn out to be a better pass blocker than Hudson ever was because of the success he had in not allowing as many sacks as Hudson did early on in his career. Hudson allowed five sacks in one season when he was playing for the Chiefs. Martin never did allow that many when he was with the Texans.
    It is quite possible that by the beginning of the regular season Martin is the starting center, until then he can be waiting in the wings, safe from the chance of injury from playing in meaningless games while James is working his tail off to prove he has what it takes to be on the A team. Again, it is early, relax, enjoy the show.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach."

A for effort!
    Thanks

"...prone to stoogery.".

You are biased against Cable, from day 1 Eric. You haven't a clue what he gives 2 ***** about. Do you honestly believe this drivel? Drama.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Former #Bengals DT Geno Atkins was cleared by Dr. Cooper for all football activity in mid-June, source said. Should start taking visits and weighing interest soon. https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/sta...88090747674634

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1417157416152612867