Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 211 of 220 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3288
  1. #3151
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Hudson may not have been a good run blocker, but he was he best pass blocking C in football many years in a row. Nobody was better at calling out the defense and recognizing where the pressure was coming. I agree Gruden made the moves to improve our run blocking, which only further confirms he doesn't understand the modern game and roster building in 2021. We would be the only team in football sacrificing efficiency in the pass game to improve running the ball. It just doesnít make sense.
    Just because Gruden wants to improve the run blocking doesn't mean he's sacrificing pass blocking as well. We had major problems in the red zone this past season because of piss poor run blocking.

  2. #3152
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    16,176
    I am excited about our new line, hungry players bring good results. Complacency brings lackadaisical effort and bad results. I am sure Jackson, Brown and Hudson will all play well for their new teams, fresh starts are sometimes good for players. I am equally as sure our line will still be very good.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  3. #3153
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I am excited about our new line, hungry players bring good results. Complacency brings lackadaisical effort and bad results. I am sure Jackson, Brown and Hudson will all play well for their new teams, fresh starts are sometimes good for players. I am equally as sure our line will still be very good.
    Let's hope so. It's going to be one hell of a painful lesson if it isn't.

  4. #3154
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I am excited about our new line, hungry players bring good results. Complacency brings lackadaisical effort and bad results. I am sure Jackson, Brown and Hudson will all play well for their new teams, fresh starts are sometimes good for players. I am equally as sure our line will still be very good.
    Larry Marbley
    @raiderlarry
    Interesting Take!!

    1404182449832161281

    Check this out, this is why the Raiders overhauled their very expensive offensive line!!!!!

  5. #3155
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Just because Gruden wants to improve the run blocking doesn't mean he's sacrificing pass blocking as well. We had major problems in the red zone this past season because of piss poor run blocking.
    I think our red zone issues were more than just Hudson and Jackson. There were a lot of questionable play calls, and a lot of QBs struggle in the red zone. For example week 1 against Carolina 3rd and goal we called a sprint out to Witten. That wouldíve been a bad play call 10 years ago, he was tackled instantly well short of the end zone.

    Either way my my main issue is that these moves, along with giving a backup RB a large contract, indicate he wants to run the ball more. Itís counterintuitive to what every other successful team does in the modern NFL, and you have to have a top level defense for that to work. Weíre banking on a lot of what-ifs for a team that had several issues coming into the offseason.

  6. #3156
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,825
    Side topic: home game tickets are extremely expensive. Iím trying to go to the Miami game and the cheapest is at $465. Plus beer and nachos thatís a $700 game.

  7. #3157
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    16,436
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Raiders View Post
    Side topic: home game tickets are extremely expensive. Iím trying to go to the Miami game and the cheapest is at $465. Plus beer and nachos thatís a $700 game.
    Was looking at the Raiders vs Eagles and itís like 500 a ticket for nose bleeds. Trash.

  8. #3158
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,611
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Raiders View Post
    Side topic: home game tickets are extremely expensive. Iím trying to go to the Miami game and the cheapest is at $465. Plus beer and nachos thatís a $700 game.
    Wait, is that aftermarket, or direct from Raiders ticket seller? Holy ****. I can remember a time when you could spend a week in Vegas for that amount with food included.

  9. #3159
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    4,100
    Iím flying in for a game but we are just hanging out at the strip or a casino or something

    Tickets are nuts

  10. #3160
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,611
    Carr says he'd rather quit football than play for a team other than the Raiders. Not sure if he really means it, because his next contract and/or extension pretty much assures generational wealth for his kids and their kids...and maybe even their kids... but it's a great move strategically. It stuns me how so many people can be down on the guy. He's a Raider through and through, judging by his conviction.

    https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-qb-...for-somebody-e

  11. #3161
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,987
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Carr says he'd rather quit football than play for a team other than the Raiders. Not sure if he really means it, because his next contract and/or extension pretty much assures generational wealth for his kids and their kids...and maybe even their kids... but it's a great move strategically. It stuns me how so many people can be down on the guy. He's a Raider through and through, judging by his conviction.

    https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-qb-...for-somebody-e
    He is definitely the most loyal Raider I have seen in 40 years. He was always a good person. But the criticism on his game is legit, if he can see it, and fix it, it has the potential to add 6 to 8 points per game. That might of took us from 8-8 to 11-5 last year. That's a big deal, those were key plays he was missing on and those plays were not extraordinary. He must be more patient and he must see those potential big plays.

  12. #3162
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    He is definitely the most loyal Raider I have seen in 40 years. He was always a good person. But the criticism on his game is legit, if he can see it, and fix it, it has the potential to add 6 to 8 points per game. That might of took us from 8-8 to 11-5 last year. That's a big deal, those were key plays he was missing on and those plays were not extraordinary. He must be more patient and he must see those potential big plays.
    Loyalty is a good personal quality.

    That being said just being loyal is not enough, our record under MD, JG, MM and Carr is atrocious. Get that fixed and we can start to have conversations over the value of certain individuals. In the end I fear Carr will just be another guy that was able to cash a Raider payroll check....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

  13. #3163
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,140
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Loyalty is a good personal quality.

    That being said just being loyal is not enough, our record under MD, JG, MM and Carr is atrocious. Get that fixed and we can start to have conversations over the value of certain individuals. In the end I fear Carr will just be another guy that was able to cash a Raider payroll check....
    Yeah because Carr is only here to collect a pay check. Smh
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  14. #3164
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,611
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    He is definitely the most loyal Raider I have seen in 40 years. He was always a good person. But the criticism on his game is legit, if he can see it, and fix it, it has the potential to add 6 to 8 points per game. That might of took us from 8-8 to 11-5 last year. That's a big deal, those were key plays he was missing on and those plays were not extraordinary. He must be more patient and he must see those potential big plays.
    I agree, Carr's not perfect. Really, no QB is. But Carr isn't the sole reason why the Raiders have been mediocre.

    Most of the great QBs that are now criticizing Carr were surrounded by Hall of Fame talent -- or near HOF talent. To me, that's what it's going to take to truly get the Raiders to the next level. Improving Carr's game helps, but if the Raiders had someone on the same level as Marshall Faulk in the backfield, or Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt on the wings, many of those Raider losses are wins -- and it's not even close.

  15. #3165
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,613
    Carr isn't retiring. He may be loyal, just sometimes he says things that may sound loyal, but I think he's being a politician.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •