Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 204 of 227 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3395
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    Agreed, just waiting for this Julio rumor stuff to pass.

We are not getting Deshaun, Aaron, or Julio.

The coaches are comfortable with the potential 53 guys that are going to be here, as we sit today. IMHO

Right or wrong, they are comfortable.
    I mean it was already been reported that the Raiders were interested in trading for Julio before the draft. Nothing in the receiver room has changed since the draft. Maybe they arent interested anymore but nothing has changed roster wise that would remove that interest.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I mean it was already been reported that the Raiders were interested in trading for Julio before the draft. Nothing in the receiver room has changed since the draft. Maybe they arent interested anymore but nothing has changed roster wise that would remove that interest.
    Agreed. We don't have a #1 receiver so Julio makes sense. Gruden will have a hard time resisting. Julio and Waller... add the speed of Brown and Ruggs... Yikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Then it isnít meant to be... a second is too steep. He isnít the missing piece. I do think he can play at a high level still but he isnít what weíre missing.

Wasnít thinking of anyone specifically. More so that we need worry about the other side of the ball not our offense.
    I don't think a 2nd round pick is too steep for a #1 receiver who is still the best receiver in the league.
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Agreed, just waiting for this Julio rumor stuff to pass.

We are not getting Deshaun, Aaron, or Julio.

The coaches are comfortable with the potential 53 guys that are going to be here, as we sit today. IMHO

Right or wrong, they are comfortable.
    As am I. I think we should wait until players are being cut after training camp before we explore any acquisitions from this point on.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Maybe they are not interested anymore. That is the point. If they didn't pull the trigger by now, They are comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    As am I. I think we should wait until players are being cut after training camp before we explore any acquisitions from this point on.
    I would say at this time , I would too. I definitely would not give up draft capital for anybody , at this time of year. And frankly, Are we sure Julio even wants to come here? I'm not feeling it.

Maybe they are not interested anymore. That is the point. If they didn't pull the trigger by now, They are comfortable.
    or they waited closer to june 1st when the deal could actually get done. Atlanta basically cant trade Julio before June 1st without getting a cap hit too high to manage this season. So even an agreement prior to the draft would still be done come June 1st so now that June 1st is arround the corner and a trade can actually occur that they will reignite the talks.

Again just hypothetical based on timing of news as June 1st gets closer.

Gruden saw something shinny no shock heíd be interested

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I don't think a 2nd round pick is too steep for a #1 receiver who is still the best receiver in the league.
    He isnít the best WR in the league. If healthy heís still a top guy no doubt but at 32 coming off injury we donít know what we will get. Julio also isnít a piece that locks in the playoffs or contention. Itís a win now move which I like but itís not in an area we need. I wouldnít be pissed about the move if we didnít but I wouldnít exactly be jumping for joy saying that was it weíre back to the playoffs.

I think after June 1, if Julio is traded for, we wonít take on his full contract

or they waited closer to june 1st when the deal could actually get done. Atlanta basically cant trade Julio before June 1st without getting a cap hit too high to manage this season. So even an agreement prior to the draft would still be done come June 1st so now that June 1st is arround the corner and a trade can actually occur that they will reignite the talks.

Again just hypothetical based on timing of news as June 1st gets closer.
    You and Megatron might be right on that point. Maybe they are waiting for June 1. That would be reasonable.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    He isnít the best WR in the league. If healthy heís still a top guy no doubt but at 32 coming off injury we donít know what we will get. Julio also isnít a piece that locks in the playoffs or contention. Itís a win now move which I like but itís not in an area we need. I wouldnít be pissed about the move if we didnít but I wouldnít exactly be jumping for joy saying that was it weíre back to the playoffs.
    Name me a receiver who has averaged 1400 yards a season consistently

Playoffs is a team effort. No one player will get you there

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I think after June 1, if Julio is traded for, we wonít take on his full contract
    Does that go for Rogers also?

I could easily see Gruden making some dopey trade for Jones. Overreaching for a vet WR is a yearly event lately.

-Stork

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I could easily see Gruden making some dopey trade for Jones. Overreaching for a vet WR is a yearly event lately.

-Stork
    I hope we moved past that, I really hope we moved past that.

"...prone to stoogery.".