Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 215 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Yes to Raheem Morris, No to Gregg Williams and I donít know enough about Joe Berry to make an opinion yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Barry is Rod Marinelliís son-n-law. Davis, Gruden and Mayock will blow this search. I have no faith in this clown show

Gregg Williams would be genuinely hilarious.

This group will go no further than its gotten previously....its a well chewed piece of gum.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Barry was Jay Gruden's DC in Washington. IMHO, not impressed and this pretty much follows along with what we thought as far as Chucky's ego is concerned. Mediocrity at it's best.

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Joe Barry is Rod Marinelliís son-n-law. Davis, Gruden and Mayock will blow this search. I have no faith in this clown show
    I second this motion

This organization has not done anything to make us believe anything will change. I'm hoping for an inspiring DC hire, but realize that hope is clearly misplaced.

Cut Mariota. There is no reason to spend 11 million on a backup QB. There will be plenty of potential backups for much less that can do just as well.

Cut Brown. We've paid him almost 37 million for almost 16 full games of play. That is ridiculous. Young wasn't great, but he was adequate and Parker has come along way. Kid was fairly solid at both tackle positions, not great, but solid and he is still young.

Cut Williams. Another guy who we've over paid for no contributions.

Cut Richie. He's old and not worth the risk of more injuries for his salary. Re-sign Good and continue developing Simpson. Both showed promise and played well.

I'd try to extend/restructure Jackson for some cap relief. He had a down year last season, but played well this season and is still young. We can't cut everyone with a large contract, just the ones who don't earn their pay and Jackson does.

I'd would restructure Joyner for a lower contract or cut him. He's not horrible, but not worth his contract.

I'd cut Richard. Riddick can do the same job for less and there are plenty of UFDA or FA running backs looking for a shot for league minimum.

FA's I'd try to keep.

Peterman since he knows the offense, unless they sign someone better for a reasonable contract. I'd say draft someone, but we don't have many picks to waste.

Hankins. He is a solid DT in the middle. I don't think he would cost a bunch

Agholor would be nice, but I'm not sure I want to spend a ton on him when Ruggs should take a step forward next season and is the same type of guy.

Carlson and Sieg for sure. Their restricted, but we'll still need to sign them.

I'd keep Vickers and Smith for depth. They weren't special, but are cheap enough to carry on the roster for the off season.

I'm hot and cold on trying to keep Morrow, Carrier, McMillian or Booker.
    Morrow played well down the stretch. Not great, but good enough to keep for depth. I just don't want to over pay for depth.

Carrier is a solid blocking TE who can catch and knows the offense.

McMillian didn't play much this season so can probably kept for a reasonable contract and he did look better against Denver. There is probably better FA's out there and the new DC may have different ideas on personnel.

Booker was solid and played well early, but not down the stretch when the line wasn't performing like earlier in the season. If there isn't a huge market for his services and he'll play for a reasonable contract I wouldn't mind keeping him.

None of this will happen, but hey fantasy is all a Raiders fan has right???

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Phillips, Morris or Bradley would be good hires. Stay away from Barry and Williams!

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    Phillips, Morris or Bradley would be good hires. Stay away from Barry and Williams!
    I second this...wouldnít mind Patricia either.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I second this...wouldnít mind Patricia either.

You sure? The Lions haven't had any success with him as HC and maybe he was a decent DC in NE due to Belicheat and not due to his own merits. I'm hesitant to bring him on board if there is any chance to sign one of the others. One thing in our favor is Gruden likes to give longer term contracts to his staff and Mark goes along with this. It may be an advantage to getting someone worthwhile.

You sure? The Lions haven't had any success with him as HC and maybe he was a decent DC in NE due to Belicheat and not due to his own merits. I'm hesitant to bring him on board if there is any chance to sign one of the others. One thing in our favor is Gruden likes to give longer term contracts to his staff and Mark goes along with this. It may be an advantage to getting someone worthwhile.
    I think some coaches are made to be coordinators and not head coaches. I think Patricia is one of those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Weíre ****ed

/thread

Exactly, heís a coat tail hire. Worthless until he proves otherwise. Iím not willing to take that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I think some coaches are made to be coordinators and not head coaches. I think Patricia is one of those guys.

I hear you. Dennis Allen comes to mind, but I'd rather throw deep for the TD than settle for a FG. With Gruden we're more like to go three and out, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Exactly, heís a coat tail hire. Worthless until he proves otherwise. Iím not willing to take that chance.
    I agree. There's no reason to take stupid risks: hire someone who can succeed and move onto personnel decisions.

If Raheem Morris fails to get the Falcons job, the Raiders probably luck into an excellent DC hire... assuming they can get corners who actually know how to play off-coverage.

Page 2 of 215 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast