Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 190 of 223 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3338
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    And, of course, right on cue...the sharks smell blood in the water. Hope the Raiders prove them wrong and go 14-3 this season.

https://www.nfl.com/news/three-years...g-their-wheels
    On second thought, if you haven't read the article, don't. If it was February 14th we'd be calling this article the St. Valentine's Day Massacre 2021. Trotter didn't mince words.

Rodgers is probably kicking himself, then, that the Rams and Chargers haven't made a pitch for him. Should have announced his discontent at the end of last season before the draft and before FA began.
    Agree, Especially the Rams deal. That would of been perfect for him and really, Do we know their wasn't a offer for Rodgers then too. And some of that is causing a disconnect as well.

I don't know or care.. I like Carr... But, I think Rodgers can beat Mahommes 3 times a year lol. Even if we only have a top 20 defense. So ill take the 3+ years of Rodgers...

As far as picks, I know the talking heads think its gonna cost a bunch of 1s. But Carr is worth a 1 maybe 2 in a trade.. He is 8 years younger then Arod... And GB is in no position.... He will not play for them. I can see him showing up and just standing their..

Did LeVar Burton ever get his chance to host Jeopardy? Was wondering how that turned out, since I understand lots of people wanted to see him in the role.

Can't fault Rodgers for wanting to go Hollywood as his NFL career now has more acreage behind him than in front of him. Even if he was only making Skip Bayless-type money (4yrs, $32M) that's still a pretty penny. Mr. Trebek was pulling in somewhere around $10M per season by comparison. Rodgers may be on to something here. As far as I know announcing the Daily Double doesn't invite career ending injury or CTE risk.
    I am not sure if Levar made it. I missed a bunch.
    I don't think Rogers would hurt for money even if he retired from the NFL and didn't host Jeopardy. He has a bunch of sponsorships, commercials, and I'd bet Hollyweird would search him out as well. He more than likely has money tied up in stocks and savings earning more in a year than most people earn in a lifetime. I agree, the Daily Double hasn't been known to injure anyone...yet.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Agree, Especially the Rams deal. That would of been perfect for him and really, Do we know their wasn't a offer for Rodgers then too. And some of that is causing a disconnect as well.

I don't know or care.. I like Carr... But, I think Rodgers can beat Mahommes 3 times a year lol. Even if we only have a top 20 defense. So ill take the 3+ years of Rodgers...

As far as picks, I know the talking heads think its gonna cost a bunch of 1s. But Carr is worth a 1 maybe 2 in a trade.. He is 8 years younger then Arod... And GB is in no position.... He will not play for them. I can see him showing up and just standing their..
    I'm a Carr supporter, but even I would get a little giddy to see Rodgers as a Raider vs. Mahomes. Not that Carr played terribly against him or anything, but the hype surrounding a game like that would be off the charts. We'd get that twice a year, plus the playoffs probably. And we'd never have to hear the banal commentary about Carr not being able to play well in cold weather ever again. Compared to GB, the cold weather in Denver and KC probably feels like beach weather to Rodgers.

On second thought, if you haven't read the article, don't. If it was February 14th we'd be calling this article the St. Valentine's Day Massacre 2021. Trotter didn't mince words.
    Crazy how I keep hearing all this negative media coverage yet if you they and place a bet we’re 25-1 odds. You’d think we’d be 100-1...

I saw that article earlier, it wasn’t hating or overly negative at all. Trotter is from the Bay Area and says how he believes the league is better when we’re good, calling him a hater is pretty silly. Unfortunately a 19-29 record, free agent flops and poor draft picks aren’t gonna earn you much glowing praise from the media.

And, of course, right on cue...the sharks smell blood in the water. Hope the Raiders prove them wrong and go 14-3 this season.

https://www.nfl.com/news/three-years...g-their-wheels
    Things are worse? Not sure what he's looking at. But again, it's easier to write negative stuff, because it sounds better. Reporters! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    I saw that article earlier, it wasn’t hating or overly negative at all. Trotter is from the Bay Area and says how he believes the league is better when we’re good, calling him a hater is pretty silly. Unfortunately a 19-29 record, free agent flops and poor draft picks aren’t gonna earn you much glowing praise from the media.
    I don't think anyone called him a hater. Many of us have been critical of Gruden since before he rejoined the Raiders. The concerns only increased in volume with each questionable decision and each sub .500 season. It would have been nice for Trotter to have penned something before now, so that it didn't look like he was just another media guy waiting in the shadows to dagger someone...or at the very least, kick them when they're down.

Sub .500? I thought we won 8 games last year. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Sub .500? I thought we won 8 games last year. [emoji23][emoji23]

You're right, that does help his overall 19-29 record since he returned.

Is it too soon to discuss the 2022 draft? I have a feeling we'll be drafting a QB next year.

You're right, that does help his overall 19-29 record since he returned.
    No it doesn’t. I was just giving you a hard time.

Is it too soon to discuss the 2022 draft? I have a feeling we'll be drafting a QB next year.
    Why would we draft somebody to back up Aaron Rodgers? [emoji3166]

Josh Dubow@JoshDubowAP

#Raiders signed free agent G Marquel Harrell. He signed with Bills as undrafted free agent out of Auburn last year and spent time on practice squad in Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Josh Dubow@JoshDubowAP

#Raiders signed free agent G Marquel Harrell. He signed with Bills as undrafted free agent out of Auburn last year and spent time on practice squad in Buffalo
    I am still concerned that we do not at least one DT that will command a double team or that the opposing OC has to game plan extensively for this player. We have average to below average DTs unless we are going to try to pick someone up who is a cap casualty. Maybe the coaching staff can get more out of the talent than I am seeing on past history for these guys.
    I believe that we will be able to bring blitzes from every angle but the DTs must control the run to passer responsibility.