Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 185 of 220 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3289
    Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    Yes and donít think twice about it.

Coming off an MVP year. Still has probably 5-7 years to go. And again, we donít draft the best in the 1st.

Instant contender. Legitimately.
    Maybe not. The problem is not his talent, itís he comes with a 37 mil cap hit this year and a 39 mil cap hit the year after. 28 mil his third year isnít bad. Buuuut, the problem he has there is he wants an extension where he makes over 42 mil a year. That takes up a quarter of your cap. That means you have to get 54 other players to accept an avg of 2.9 mil a year. It worked for mahommes because he was willing to restructure. Aaron is not. Thatís why they are in this situation

Funny thing is I feel like this Aaron Rogers situation has played out great for us so far. If it wasnít for the possibility he goes to Denver, I think they would have drafted fields. Iíd be a lot more concerned about having fields go there than Rogers- who at 37 is on the decline. And as it stands, Rogers going there isnít even a guarantee. So they went from guaranteed to get fields, to hoping to get a high priced aging Rogers.

One of my coworkers is a Broncos fan, and he thinks that Rogers would guarantee them a super bowl. It pretty much would be SB or bust.

Really showed his decline last year by winning the MVP [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Really showed his decline last year by winning the MVP [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wish Derek Carr would show that much decline!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Maybe not. The problem is not his talent, itís he comes with a 37 mil cap hit this year and a 39 mil cap hit the year after. 28 mil his third year isnít bad. Buuuut, the problem he has there is he wants an extension where he makes over 42 mil a year. That takes up a quarter of your cap. That means you have to get 54 other players to accept an avg of 2.9 mil a year. It worked for mahommes because he was willing to restructure. Aaron is not. Thatís why they are in this situation
    Am I the only one who thinks that Rodgers' salary demands are his way of weaning the baby? He's going to make it as difficult as possible for Green Bay to retain his services. That starts with asking for more money than they are willing to pay the position. My gut tells me, though, that once Rodgers is where he wants to be, his salary demand will change. He may still want to be paid like an MVP caliber QB with a Super Bowl win in his back pocket, but he knows the danger of fielding a competitive team when the cap is wrecked by one player.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that Rodgers' salary demands are his way of weaning the baby? He's going to make it as difficult as possible for Green Bay to retain his services. That starts with asking for more money than they are willing to pay the position. My gut tells me, though, that once Rodgers is where he wants to be, his salary demand will change. He may still want to be paid like an MVP caliber QB with a Super Bowl win in his back pocket, but he knows the danger of fielding a competitive team when the cap is wrecked by one player.
    I think this Rogers situation is not about money, There's something going on that they're not saying, and it has nothing to do with them drafting a QB. Did anyone think GB was going to bench him? Regardless, he will want an extension, and to be paid market value. Based on the Mack situation, I don't think we get him. Let Denver go into cap hell.

Our new defense thus far with some actual depth for once in the past 15 years.

DE - Ngakoue, Ferrell
    DE - Crosby, Koonce, Nassib
    DT - Hankins, Philon
    DT - Jerfferson, Thomas, Vickers

WLB - Littleton - Deablo
    MLB - Kwaitkoski, Muse
    SLB - Morrow, White, Onwualu

FS - Moehrig , Joseph
    SS - Abrams - Gillespie

CB - Hayward - Arnette - Johnson - Lawson
    CB - Mullen - Hobbs - Douglas - Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Our new defense thus far with some actual depth for once in the past 15 years.

DE - Ngakoue, Ferrell
    DE - Crosby, Koonce, Nassib
    DT - Hankins, Philon
    DT - Jerfferson, Thomas, Vickers

WLB - Littleton - Deablo
    MLB - Kwaitkoski, Muse
    SLB - Morrow, White, Onwualu

FS - Moehrig , Joseph
    SS - Abrams - Gillespie

CB - Hayward - Arnette - Johnson - Lawson
    CB - Mullen - Hobbs - Douglas - Robertson
    Don't forget, we still have Heath, not sure he won't be cut, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Plunkett4HoF View Post
    Don't forget, we still have Heath, not sure he won't be cut, though.
    Abrams is not a lock, He better improve.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Itís Abram. Not Abrams. I know, this is totally a ďmeĒ problem, as one of my most pretentious pet peeves is getting peoples names wrong. Itís a terrible thing in my brain. I personally now hate that we drafted this guy because every time I see his name with an added ďsĒ on the end, itís like my brain starts itching and the only way I can scratch it is by correcting people. So far I havenít; so itís been a very long 2 years on this board!

Sorry. Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    Itís Abram. Not Abrams. I know, this is totally a ďmeĒ problem, as one of my most pretentious pet peeves is getting peoples names wrong. Itís a terrible thing in my brain. I personally now hate that we drafted this guy because every time I see his name with an added ďsĒ on the end, itís like my brain starts itching and the only way I can scratch it is by correcting people. So far I havenít; so itís been a very long 2 years on this board!

Sorry. Rant over.
    I can give you a prescription for that.

The Raiders Twitter hasnít announce the Hayward signing yet. Canít find official confirmation of the deal, but I think either him or Sherman would be a good signing and much needed veteran presence to help our young and hugely struggling CB group.

I keep adding the s for safety after his name. Sorry if I offended you.

I keep adding the s for safety after his name. Sorry if I offended you.
    You didnít. Itís everyone else lol. Youíre the best.

Regardless he better pick up his play this year or I wonít have to worry about it for too much longer. After missing basically his whole rookie season, Iím hoping he makes that big leap this year going into what is essentially year 2 for him.