Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 173 of 197 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2946
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    https://twitter.com/Raiders/status/1384228867334840323

Time to wear the Silver and Black.

We have signed unrestricted free agent CB Rasul Douglas Ľ http://bit.ly/3gmW6QB
    This is a good depth signing. Not a bad DB, not the greatest, but I like it. Especially if we got him cheap. Better option than that Pimply Blimpkins guy they brought in. Also, if the contract is low enough, it doesn't even count against the cap.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I'd like to see them sign one of the FA LB's that are available. We need at least one more.
    I think we are going to address that in the draft. There are lots of good options and we may have the choice of two really good ones in Parsons and OK if we are lucky. Additionally, don't forget Muse is coming back and he's had a year to bulk up on exotic muscle building substances. I am looking forward to seeing what he has to offer. Kid was really good in college.

"...prone to stoogery.".

So in the offseason we knew we needed a good passrushing dt, a good fs, a good sam and a good rt.

We signed yannick(great pickup) buuut not one of our huge holes. But brings us a passrush. And John brown. Best two pickups in the offseason.

A bunch of dts who wonít get to the qb and one that might be able to if we are lucky.

No upgrade at lb. even though we need it badly.

Brought in a ss to play fs.

A nickel corner.

Drake.

Annnnnd no starting rt. No real Sam. No real fs. And no passrushing dt.

Wow

Rasul Douglas is not a bad player. It opens the possibility of D. Arnette being moved to slot corner. He has the versatility.

We need a good ot in the first round. Or we are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    We need a good ot in the first round. Or we are in trouble.
    No doubt. Jaylen Mayfield after we trade down and fleece some poor unsuspecting team of their 2nd round draft pick as well as their first.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Rasul Douglas is not a bad player. It opens the possibility of D. Arnette being moved to slot corner. He has the versatility.
    I still think arnette can be a solid corner. The guy fought through injuries last year. Some had the sniffles and couldnít play for a couple games. This guy had two injuries and one he had a cast on and still played and was sticking folks. Better d now. He will be better.

We still do t have a pure fs, still have no rt, still have no real 3 tech dt and still have no real Sam

No doubt. Jaylen Mayfield after we trade down and fleece some poor unsuspecting team of their 2nd round draft pick as well as their first.
    Hoping we trade down and get a rt and some d talent

So in the offseason we knew we needed a good passrushing dt, a good fs, a good sam and a good rt.

We signed yannick(great pickup) buuut not one of our huge holes. But brings us a passrush. And John brown. Best two pickups in the offseason.

A bunch of dts who wonít get to the qb and one that might be able to if we are lucky.

No upgrade at lb. even though we need it badly.

Brought in a ss to play fs.

A nickel corner.

Drake.

Annnnnd no starting rt. No real Sam. No real fs. And no passrushing dt.

Wow
    Yannick was a definite need, we were close to the bottom in sacks. I think that is one of our huge deficiencies that needed to be addressed. Brown is a very, very good receiver and offers a little more than Agholor, that too was a need.
    Upgrade at LB...yeah, didn't address it, but we have Muse in the wings and the draft...additional cuts later on can provide a player as well.
    SS to play FS? He can play both and has shown flashes at both. Again the draft and additional cuts throughout the league can provide a player as well.
    Corner, same as above. We did just sign a CB.
    Drake is going to pay dividends, I am excited about this kid. No, not a drastic need, but he has the potential to be great.
    DT, when fishing, you have to sometimes catch a bunch of small fish before the big one hits. We brought in a number of guys, maybe a couple stick. Also, don't rule out our getting a DT in the draft, maybe even first round.

yeah, Free agency hasn't gone the way most of us would have done it or wanted it, but there is still plenty of time and options.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Hoping we trade down and get a rt and some d talent
    me too, unless Parsons is there of course.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Yannick was a definite need, we were close to the bottom in sacks. I think that is one of our huge deficiencies that needed to be addressed. Brown is a very, very good receiver and offers a little more than Agholor, that too was a need.
    Upgrade at LB...yeah, didn't address it, but we have Muse in the wings and the draft...additional cuts later on can provide a player as well.
    SS to play FS? He can play both and has shown flashes at both. Again the draft and additional cuts throughout the league can provide a player as well.
    Corner, same as above. We did just sign a CB.
    Drake is going to pay dividends, I am excited about this kid. No, not a drastic need, but he has the potential to be great.
    DT, when fishing, you have to sometimes catch a bunch of small fish before the big one hits. We brought in a number of guys, maybe a couple stick. Also, don't rule out our getting a DT in the draft, maybe even first round.

yeah, Free agency hasn't gone the way most of us would have done it or wanted it, but there is still plenty of time and options.
    Yes I was going to chime in and say pass rush was our biggest need, period. Whether it was from inside or outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    me too, unless Parsons is there of course.
    No we won't get Parsons. He'll be gone before we get a chance to pick. If we trade down and add another 2nd round pick then we might be able to draft Zaven Collins. He might fall to the 2nd round.

No we won't get Parsons. He'll be gone before we get a chance to pick. If we trade down and add another 2nd round pick then we might be able to draft Zaven Collins. He might fall to the 2nd round.
    Some are saying that Collins could go higher than expected and could possibly go as early as the mid 1st round.

I think itís funny that no one has mentioned WR as an area of need. Yet in a recent article we were ranked 5th worst WR group in the nfl. WR was definitely a need and brown will be an important piece to our offense. Heís starting off as our best WR. Hopefully ruggs can prove to be better. Same with Edwards. But neither is proven.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I think itís funny that no one has mentioned WR as an area of need. Yet in a recent article we were ranked 5th worst WR group in the nfl. WR was definitely a need and brown will be an important piece to our offense. Heís starting off as our best WR. Hopefully ruggs can prove to be better. Same with Edwards. But neither is proven.
    I think that's the Waller Effect. Having a great TE means your WR corps almost always suffers.

Overall, I think the offense played well enough to win most of our games. So I won't knock the approach that Gruden is taking with the WR corps. At this point they're probably more worried about Red Zone efficiency than anything. That and Gruden probably is still trying to figure out a way to get more snaps per series (i.e., get more first downs).

If Drake is going to be used as a pass catching RB, that will only increase the perception that our WR group is run of the mill. But if it moves the chains and helps put points on the board, I'm all for it.