Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 163 of 227 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3395
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    None of the DTs we signed even compare to Reeds talent. Sounds like he will be free to sign with any team
    Albeit an obvious upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Albeit an obvious upgrade.
    Ok, everyone, place your bets. Usually when we think a player is an obvious upgrade over what's on our roster, Gruden and Mayock go in a different direction. Let's see if we're all on the same page. I'm betting they'll put their heads in the sand on Reed. What sayeth you all?
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 03-26-2021 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Ok, everyone, place your bets. Usually when we think a player is an obvious upgrade over what's on our roster, Gruden and Mayock go in a different direction. Let's see if we're all on the same page. I'm betting they'll put their hands in the sand on Reed. What sayeth you all?
    I’m thinking the opposite. We’re overloaded at DL, so we’ll sign Reed and draft barmore. Then we’ll cut hurst and we’ll all wonder why...

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I’m thinking the opposite. We’re overloaded at DL, so we’ll sign Reed and draft barmore. Then we’ll cut hurst and we’ll all wonder why...
    How about we do both? Draft Barmore (in a trade down) and sign Reed. That way no more excuses for the DL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

This Watson mess has really become a major issue with 20 lawsuits. Maybe it's better that we didn't trade for him.
    He may be forced to stay. Can't see anyone giving up a lot now.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    This Watson mess has really become a major issue with 20 lawsuits. Maybe it's better that we didn't trade for him.
    He may be forced to stay. Can't see anyone giving up a lot now.
    Someone definitely dropped a Babe Ruth in the swimming pool on Watson. I read somewhere that at least one of the women is being represented by an attorney that has ties to team ownership. I'm not saying any of the claims are false, but one has to consider the timing, if nothing else. They could have slapped Watson with these civil suits last season, but didn't. Makes you wonder why.

Then again, it also makes you wonder why the team doesn't cut him for ignominy brought to the organization. Whether playing for the Texans or elsewhere, this has to be a major sh** storm that no one wants. Then again, this is the NFL. Murder barely keeps players off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Someone definitely dropped a Babe Ruth in the swimming pool on Watson. I read somewhere that at least one of the women is being represented by an attorney that has ties to team ownership. I'm not saying any of the claims are false, but one has to consider the timing, if nothing else. They could have slapped Watson with these civil suits last season, but didn't. Makes you wonder why.

Then again, it also makes you wonder why the team doesn't cut him for ignominy brought to the organization. Whether playing for the Texans or elsewhere, this has to be a major sh** storm that no one wants. Then again, this is the NFL. Murder barely keeps players off the field.
    My question is with all the accusations being hurled at Watson why has a compliant not been filed with the local authorities. I am not saying that there is not merit but what I am asking is why the police have not been contacted. If the police are contacted and these charges are found to be baseless then the women and the opposing counsel is in hot water. If the police are contacted and these charges have merit then it strengthens the women's civil case. Any thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    My question is with all the accusations being hurled at Watson why has a compliant not been filed with the local authorities. I am not saying that there is not merit but what I am asking is why the police have not been contacted. If the police are contacted and these charges are found to be baseless then the women and the opposing counsel is in hot water. If the police are contacted and these charges have merit then it strengthens the women's civil case. Any thoughts.
    Money!

I’m not passing judgement either way. And normally, with things like this, there’s some truth on BOTH sides of the issue. But one key factor to remember is who these ladies are. They might do certain things in general, so it might be more of a thing where a process wasn’t being followed by Watson. Maybe he assumed what he was doing was part of the package he paid for, but he actually needed to pay extra. So it could be more of a financial issue. There’s a lot of details here that we don’t know.

Plus, some people just might not like going to the police. Would rather keep them out of their business. There’s a a lot of people who avoid police contact for many different reasons.

Civil cases don't entail additional scrutiny by either a District Attorney or a Grand Jury. It's also easier to prove some civil cases in court than it is to prove criminal cases. Lastly, usually when someone sues in civil court, it's with the hope that it will never go to trial. They sue in an attempt to get the parties to a bargaining table and a financial deal can be hammered out.

Personally, I do agree that I would want justice done, if I had been wronged, and would pursue all options. But I fully recognize that some victims run the risk of being further humiliated in a court trial, especially against a popular and/or wealthy figure. This is particularly true in cases of rape, where by the time the trial ends it almost seems like the victim of rape was the one being tried, not the alleged perpetrator.

At the end of the day, this is on Watson. If he confirms that he had encounters with these women, he's screwed. Forgive the pun. If he did it, then he needs to settle and seal the agreements. If he didn't do it, then consider it a tough lesson learned. You have to protect yourself when you're a famous celebrity or star athlete. But more importantly, learn some damn restraint and recognize that you can't go out there and hook up with randoms like you're some common college dude on Spring break. You're a mark. And yes, they are only with you because you have money and fame. Take it to heart, change your behavior and protect yourself.

It hasn’t gone to criminal court because they have no evidence...this is a pure money grab by the women and smear stunt by the Houston Texans through this Buffon of an attorney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys could we please. start a separate thread for Deshaun and his legal situation. Just sayin'.

Guess I'm being picky, sorry about that it does say etc. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    It hasn’t gone to criminal court because they have no evidence...this is a pure money grab by the women and smear stunt by the Houston Texans through this Buffon of an attorney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Smear stunt? I don’t really understand. Are you saying the attorney is just doing this to smear Watson? If so, why?

I’m just trying to understand what they’d gain.

I mean, this is bringing down Watson’s value. So they won’t be able to trade him for as much. And if they are being spiteful at him, doubt he ever plays for them. And If it’s obvious to you, then any player that feels the same way will never want to play for Houston. So they’ll find it tougher to get players via free agency. And if it’s found that the lawyer falsified information to wrongfully bring a suit against Watson, the lawyer would face civil and criminal charges and likely never work again.

But what’s to gain by it? Just trying to understand what the gain is...

Hindsight is 50/50. Been watching last season again and our season was always going to go wrong after NE game. Edwards got hurt and we lost that possession 50/50 receiver that Carr needs (like Crabtree) and who was dominant in camp and was already looking good. Our Oline was in pieces already, our running game looked hit and miss. But worst of all our D was incapable of stopping an obvious 1 dimensional run game with crack backs. If you can’t adjust to a simple attack like that then it’s obvious a change was needed on D. Gruden should have let Guenther go right then. I was one for keeping him at the time but now it’s clearly a mistake.