Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 162 of 211 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3160
    Jarran Reed expected to be released or traded

Surprised nobody has brought this up yet. Talented DT available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I'm down to add Sherman to this team just not as a starting safety. We lack a veteran in the secondary and his presence would be huge for the young guys. I live in the Bay Area so I get to see a ton of 49er games and Sherm is simply not fast enough period. He is beyond slow. He was burned badly in the SB vs the Chiefs who we face twice a year. Someone brought up Woodson and how he was able to transition to safety but Woodson was one of the fastest CBs in his time and was 5x the athlete Sherman is. Sorry I just don't see it. We need to get faster on defense not the other way around
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KXSlfXTmf5g

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ByD2U-1Io

Looking at sone of the highlights from last year, Sherman looked fast enough against Hopkins, but looked slow against diggs. But... it looked like he was already starting to play more like a safety than a CB. Seems like he relies on positioning, angles and tackling more. I agree that he’s not the ideal starting FS, but I think he could rotate in with a rookie and help the secondary progress as a whole.

And while we need to get faster on defense, we also have to get smarter. Better decision making needs to improve. Just imagine if he could help abrams play smarter..
    Last edited by FarOutIos; 03-26-2021 at 05:50 AM.

Jarran Reed expected to be released or traded

Surprised nobody has brought this up yet. Talented DT available.
    When I read the report I thought about it... but I think we’ve added so many DL, don’t see how we could add another. Albeit an obvious upgrade.

New Raiders RB Kenyan Drake said he's been told he will spend time at receiver in 2021.
    "Coach (Jon) Gruden said that he was going to use me in a multitude of ways, playing receiver, playing running back," Drake said. "Just having the ability to kind of use my versatility as a weapon in the open field is something that really spoke to me." "(Insert running back) is going to see time at receiver in (insert year)" is an annual offseason motif, though the Raiders do have one of the league's thinnest receiver depth charts. They also targeted wideouts at a league-low 43.4 percent rate in 2020. There could be something to this, but Drake was oddly ineffective as a pass catcher his 1.5 years in Arizona, averaging a measly 5.8 yards per grab. Drake is going to have to catch a lot of passes for his opulent contract to make any sense. He is on the PPR FLEX radar behind Josh Jacobs.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    New Raiders RB Kenyan Drake said he's been told he will spend time at receiver in 2021.
    "Coach (Jon) Gruden said that he was going to use me in a multitude of ways, playing receiver, playing running back," Drake said. "Just having the ability to kind of use my versatility as a weapon in the open field is something that really spoke to me." "(Insert running back) is going to see time at receiver in (insert year)" is an annual offseason motif, though the Raiders do have one of the league's thinnest receiver depth charts. They also targeted wideouts at a league-low 43.4 percent rate in 2020. There could be something to this, but Drake was oddly ineffective as a pass catcher his 1.5 years in Arizona, averaging a measly 5.8 yards per grab. Drake is going to have to catch a lot of passes for his opulent contract to make any sense. He is on the PPR FLEX radar behind Josh Jacobs.
    He'll be Charlie Garner 2.0. I don't doubt that there will be some plays where he subs WR.

No doubt. Watching some of C-Wood's highlights and comparing them to what we're seeing now in terms of CB/Safety play is enough to make me lose my mind. Damn shame. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELePm8-wdkU

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    He'll be Charlie Garner 2.0. I don't doubt that there will be some plays where he subs WR.
    If he's that good, then we got our money's worth.

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    ·
    19s
    And in a non-trade moves today, the Raiders are signing former Ravens’ WR Willie Snead to a one-year contract, per his agent
    @DrewJRosenhaus

And the Bears are signing back free-agent CB Artie Burns to a one-year deal, per
    @DrewJRosenhaus

Quote Originally Posted by RC RAIDER View Post
    I think between T Brown and A Brown, the Raiders are not going to pay big bux for bad character players anymore. Lessons learned. I'm not saying they won't take a flyer on someone with potential character issues, they just won't open the vault. I have to admit I was excited when we signed T Brown now I'm relieved he no longer is wearing silver and black. They say once a Raider always a Raider. Not him.
    He was never a Raider to begin with. I had me reservations coming from the Patriots.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Any news on a DB or Safety?

Snead any good?

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post

Snead any good?

Snead is pretty decent, good hands, saw him make some big plays with NO, didn't do a lot with the Ravens. Better than Doss and those guys. We have a lot of WRs on the roster right now.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Snead is pretty decent, good hands, saw him make some big plays with NO, didn't do a lot with the Ravens. Better than Doss and those guys. We have a lot of WRs on the roster right now.
    Gotcha..I guess it's fine if he replaces Doss and or Ateman.

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Gotcha..I guess it's fine if he replaces Doss and or Ateman.

Yes, I think he is better than Jones as well. He can also block well which is a plus. I think he will replace Jones. Now that I am thinking about it, if one of our other guys gets injured, I for one will be glad to have him on the roster.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Snead any good?

We always sign more people than we need at a position, some of whom will never make the final roster. I see Snead as one of those guys, since he's not a burner, he's not a big receiver, and Waller already takes the place of a possession receiver that moves the chains on most plays.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    When I read the report I thought about it... but I think we’ve added so many DL, don’t see how we could add another. Albeit an obvious upgrade.
    None of the DTs we signed even compare to Reeds talent. Sounds like he will be free to sign with any team
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.