Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 160 of 211 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3160
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    https://twitter.com/GregABedard/stat...30005885272075

Marcus Mariota received a no-trade clause as part of his renegotiation with the Raiders, according to a league source.

Raiders can't just deal him anywhere, if it comes to that, or someone comes calling with the post-draft QB fallout.

I find this very interesting. There are a number of teams out there needing a QB and willing to pay Mariota to be one. I am not complaining-I like the depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I find this very interesting. There are a number of teams out there needing a QB and willing to pay Mariota to be one. I am not complaining-I like the depth.
    It's not going to stop them from trading him. I'm betting if a starting position comes open he will wave the clause. It gives him leverage to only be traded to a team that is wanting him to start and not fight for a spot on a horrible team.

For 3.5m + incentives , thats a pretty good option to have. More than serviceable as a backup QB, he actually came in and sparked this team when he got time on the field. At the price point we have very good value in the back up position right now.

It does make the utter ridiculousness of Mariota's original contract numbers all the more stark, though. But glad they worked everything out for the better now.

On another note, why does it feel like we're done with FA when we still have some spots that need to be filled?

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    For 3.5m + incentives , thats a pretty good option to have. More than serviceable as a backup QB, he actually came in and sparked this team when he got time on the field. At the price point we have very good value in the back up position right now.
    Yes he sparked us to a loss. He'll keep Carrs seat nice and warm.
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Why trade carr and not mariota?

Mariota over the last 4 years has thrown 32 tds and 26 ints. Is that good?
    I am trying to think the way that the front office is thinking. They would trade Carr if they can get more assets for him right now because in their minds they are in a 4-5 year building program.

Trent Brown confirming what we all knew: he wasn't motivated to play for Gruden and the Raiders, for whatever reason.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...d-fit-2314192/

Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    I am trying to think the way that the front office is thinking. They would trade Carr if they can get more assets for him right now because in their minds they are in a 4-5 year building program.
    I certainly hope that is not their mindset. Gruden can't take 8-9 years to have a winning season or produce a playoff appearance. That's not why you pay a man $100M. I don't care what his contract says, if the team doesn't see net positive results by the end of his 5th season, Mark needs to hire a private military contractor team and have Gruden transported and secured at a black site facility somewhere on the Antarctic continent indefinitely. Past glory isn't a limitless credit card.

I don't see them moving Carr, because he's part of the team's offensive core. You only move him if Mariota is clearly better in all phases of the game. At this point, that's not the case.
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 03-25-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    I like the depth. Most teams live and die with the starting QB's ability to take the field. The Raiders have options.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I certainly hope that is not their mindset. Gruden can't take 8-9 years to have a winning season or a produce a playoff appearance. That's not why you pay a man $100M. I don't care what his contract says, if the team doesn't see net positive results by the end of his 5th season, Mark needs to hire a private military contractor team and have Gruden transported and secured at a black site facility somewhere on the Antarctic continent indefinitely. Past glory isn't a limitless credit card.

I don't see them moving Carr, because he's part of the team's offensive core. You only move him if Mariota is clearly better in all phases of the game. At this point, that's not the case.
    I agree wholeheartedly with you but I get the sense that because he is guaranteed more time than most NFL coaches that he has plenty of rope before he hangs himself.

I like the depth. Most teams live and die with the starting QB's ability to take the field. The Raiders have options.
    I almost see a Jim Plunkett situation brewing. It is still great to have QB options and as the scripture says "Iron sharpens iron" so maybe Mariota pushes Carr to be the best version of himself and more.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...33230739906564

Ravens UFA WR Willie Snead is visiting the Raiders, per source.

Malcolm Butler to the Cardinals...

I was really hoping we take a chance on him.

Not a spectacular player..but a Solid player in the Secondary. I hope we get Sherman, pool or Hayward...at least one veteran to help the Secondary!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

I just want one FS please lol.... Even tell me Sherman is going to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Trent Brown confirming what we all knew: he wasn't motivated to play for Gruden and the Raiders, for whatever reason.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...d-fit-2314192/
    This from a guy who needed to "feel it" to play? Good riddance! We are better without him.