Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 159 of 210 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3145
    Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    I believe that more will come into play when training camps begin. If a QB for another team goes down and they are in contention for a title and need a solid starter I believe that Gruden and Mayock will trade Carr because that team will be desperate to win now. What are your thoughts?
    Why trade carr and not mariota?

Mariota over the last 4 years has thrown 32 tds and 26 ints. Is that good?

this mock draft is based off the raiders getting a vet corner like sherman/nelson and a stop/gap low risk FS like Hooker/boston

I used the pff simulator

Made one trade: traded 49 and 201 for the rams 57 and 88.

1st (17th)- Micah Parsons LB Penn State- this guy falls to us and it's a no brainer. He will transform the front 7 and morrow will seek a big deal next year when the cap goes up. Morrrow is not going to stop us from drafting a top 5 prospect. nor should littleton or big dick nick
    2nd round (57)- Jevon Holland FS Oregon- this guy is a ball hawk and can start this year. We will have great depth with hooker/boston, who can start early if needed
    3rd round (79)- James Hudson OT Cincinnati- powerful run blocker which is huge for our new dual run attack. needs to improve pass wise, but since it's not carr's blindside (who gets the ball out fast), I'm not too worried with having him out there. Could play OG too.
    3rd round (80)- Shakur Brown CB Michigan State- another ball hawk. Couldn't pass him up here. Goodbye to seeing lawson on the field other than special teams
    3rd round (88)- Levi Onwuzurike DT Washington- explosive high ceiling player. At this stage I don't care to take risks. Potential to be a great pass rushing 3 tech.
    4th round (122)- Spencer Brown OT Northern Iowa- Athletic player, coming from a lower school may drop stock. Would love to see Cable coach him up.
    5th round (162) - Talanoa Hufanga S USC- continuing to add depth. right now we have abram/heath/and a scrub.
    5th round Adetokunbo Ogundeji ED Norte Dame- developmental guy, maybe can take key's roster spot since we know we've tried to develop him for years.

We get 2 capable olinemen here and other than that improved every layer of the defense. We get a bona fide star in Parsons who will help change the team. We need a stud in the front 7 and I think he can be that player. I believe this will let us have a top 15 defense. Go ahead and @ me.
    Last edited by raiderposting; 03-24-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    I think Gruden has a Dual purpose with Mariota.

Keeping Derek Carr Honest for one..Did you see how fast Carr returned after Mariota had one decent game? He kind of puts pressure on DC to play well.

I dont think Gruden is 100% sold on Carr and I dont think Raider Nation is opposed to seeing Mariota start either.

That being said, let's see what Carr can do if we have a middle of the pack defense.

Mariota is definitely a better trade asset now compared to his previous contract.
    A team will get desperate at some point and call about Mariota.

Indianapolis, Chicago, Denver for instance would love to have Mariota.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I disagree. Gruden absolutely is sold on Carr and he knows exactly what he has in the passer. Carr has a command of his offense to the point that Carr often argues play call selection/audibles on the sidelines with Gruden ... and wins. Gruden has every confidence in Carr and then some. That's not the problem.

The problem is everyone has a white whale, and Gruden's is a QB with a laser-guided cannon arm and jack rabbit legs. Carr is still here because he's partly the first, and Mariota is still here because he's partly the second. But give Gruden a chance to realistically get a QB that is both and we're having a different discussion today.

Mariota may have re-signed, but next year is going to be quite interesting. I understand his contract is a one year deal. Carr will be heading into the final year of his contract. Not too long ago Mayock was singing the praises of Derek Carr. Well, I think we're going to find out in the not too distant future if he meant it. I hope they don't wait until the end of the 2021 season to make a decision on a Carr extension.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    this mock draft is based off the raiders getting a vet corner like sherman/nelson and a stop/gap low risk FS like Hooker/boston

I used the pff simulator

Made one trade: traded 49 and 201 for the rams 57 and 88.

1st (17th)- Micah Parsons LB Penn State- this guy falls to us and it's a no brainer. He will transform the front 7 and morrow will seek a big deal next year when the cap goes up. Morrrow is not going to stop us from drafting a top 5 prospect. nor should littleton or big dick nick
    2nd round (57)- Jevon Holland FS Oregon- this guy is a ball hawk and can start this year. We will have great depth with hooker/boston, who can start early if needed
    3rd round (79)- James Hudson OT Cincinnati- powerful run blocker which is huge for our new dual run attack. needs to improve pass wise, but since it's not carr's blindside (who gets the ball out fast), I'm not too worried with having him out there. Could play OG too.
    3rd round (80)- Shakur Brown CB Michigan State- another ball hawk. Couldn't pass him up here. Goodbye to seeing lawson on the field other than special teams
    3rd round (88)- Levi Onwuzurike DT Washington- explosive high ceiling player. At this stage I don't care to take risks. Potential to be a great pass rushing 3 tech.
    4th round (122)- Spencer Brown OT Northern Iowa- Athletic player, coming from a lower school may drop stock. Would love to see Cable coach him up.
    5th round (162) - Talanoa Hufanga S USC- continuing to add depth. right now we have abram/heath/and a scrub.
    5th round Adetokunbo Ogundeji ED Norte Dame- developmental guy, maybe can take key's roster spot since we know we've tried to develop him for years.

We get 2 capable olinemen here and other than that improved every layer of the defense. We get a bona fide star in Parsons who will help change the team. We need a stud in the front 7 and I think he can be that player. I believe this will let us have a top 15 defense. Go ahead and @ me.
    I would love it. I just donít think the Broncos (who have to upgrade the lb crew) would pass up parsons. Heís too good to pass on.

I just hope we donít draft koramoah. We have muse and white who are going to be solid lbs. but I think alright now we have a roster with 4 wlbs and 0 slbs and 1 mlb. Littleton, white, muse and morrow are all wlb. We need a parsons, Collins, Moses or Browning. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I would love it. I just donít think the Broncos (who have to upgrade the lb crew) would pass up parsons. Heís too good to pass on.

I just hope we donít draft koramoah. We have muse and white who are going to be solid lbs. but I think alright now we have a roster with 4 wlbs and 0 slbs and 1 mlb. Littleton, white, muse and morrow are all wlb. We need a parsons, Collins, Moses or Browning. IMO
    Agreed, no f ck way does the Denver Broncos let M Parsons go to the Raiders. NO WAY.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I disagree. Gruden absolutely is sold on Carr and he knows exactly what he has in the passer. Carr has a command of his offense to the point that Carr often argues play call selection/audibles on the sidelines with Gruden ... and wins. Gruden has every confidence in Carr and then some. That's not the problem.

The problem is everyone has a white whale, and Gruden's is a QB with a laser-guided cannon arm and jack rabbit legs. Carr is still here because he's partly the first, and Mariota is still here because he's partly the second. But give Gruden a chance to realistically get a QB that is both and we're having a different discussion today.

Mariota may have re-signed, but next year is going to be quite interesting. I understand his contract is a one year deal. Carr will be heading into the final year of his contract. Not too long ago Mayock was singing the praises of Derek Carr. Well, I think we're going to find out in the not too distant future if he meant it. I hope they don't wait until the end of the 2021 season to make a decision on a Carr extension.
    Like who? Who should we get instead of carr? As an upgrade?

Honestly, I am going to let the cat out of Grudens bag.... Zach Wilson will be our 1st overall pick after a trade that gets us the 3rd overall pick... Yes, Miami trades out, We send them our 1st this year and 2nd, Next years 1st and 3rd.

Carr wins us games, kinda like Smith won KC games

Wilson wins us championships, He is better then Mahomees

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Like who? Who should we get instead of carr? As an upgrade?
    I didn't say we should go after an upgrade. I said that's Jon's mindset. He doesn't want just a pure passer, or a pure scrambler who can make plays on the run. He wants both.

TY Hilton off the Board.

Back to the Colts..1 year 10 million.

I don't think we were close to that number if they were considering him.

On to the Next!

Aldon Smith could be available as the Cowboys are moving on apparently.

48 tackles, five sacks, and five tackles for loss in his return.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Swift Game; 03-24-2021 at 03:16 PM.

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Honestly, I am going to let the cat out of Grudens bag.... Zach Wilson will be our 1st overall pick after a trade that gets us the 3rd overall pick... Yes, Miami trades out, We send them our 1st this year and 2nd, Next years 1st and 3rd.

Carr wins us games, kinda like Smith won KC games

Wilson wins us championships, He is better then Mahomees
    Wilson is better than mahommes? Only one qb in the nfl is arguably better than mahommes. Let the kid play a down in the nfl, before we say that. Letís say we get him. You passed on getting a top ot or fs to get the only thing we didnít need this year.

For a guy who hasnít done anything besides beat UCF, tx state, western Kentucky, Troy, la tech, navy, ut of San Antonio and northern Alabama. When he played a top 20 team, he completed 60 percent of his passes. Threw one td and one int. Bottom line is he blew up all his numbers by playing crap teams and running up the score.
    Ex 55-3 navy
    48-7 Troy
    52-17 txstate
    66-14 n bama
    You get the idea
    How can they say he is better than fields who faced much better competition and did well?

If we move up it should to be to get Sewell, surtain or parsons.

https://twitter.com/GregABedard/stat...30005885272075

Marcus Mariota received a no-trade clause as part of his renegotiation with the Raiders, according to a league source.

Raiders can't just deal him anywhere, if it comes to that, or someone comes calling with the post-draft QB fallout.

kc didnt need mahommeee

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    https://twitter.com/GregABedard/stat...30005885272075

Marcus Mariota received a no-trade clause as part of his renegotiation with the Raiders, according to a league source.

Raiders can't just deal him anywhere, if it comes to that, or someone comes calling with the post-draft QB fallout.
    Good to know. Then it's settled. Mariota is a Raider until his contract is up next year.

Did I also hear correctly that Suh is staying with Tampa? Looks like Brady is going to have another good chance to go for another ring.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    3rd round rookie on 4th year of his deal. Arden Key is earning the same amount as well.
    This doesnít make it any less easy to comprehend