Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 174 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Agreed. And that's why I say, hypothetically speaking, if Watson was available via a trade, I'd have no problems sending as much as 3 first rounders to get him. The Raiders would recoup one of those picks by trading Carr to a team like WFT that drafts ahead of the Raiders this year.
    That is just crazy talk.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    That is just crazy talk.
    Honestly Wolf, I like Derek Carr, and I know you do too. But, if we can get Watson for 2 firsts, a 2nd , and DC, I would do it. D Watson is awesome.

Not sure if that would be enough, but I do think he is worth it.

Do you think that organization would want another Carr at QB??? I don't think so. Not likely.

Trade Gruden and Carr for Warson.[emoji1787][emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    Honestly Wolf, I like Derek Carr, and I know you do too. But, if we can get Watson for 2 firsts, a 2nd , and DC, I would do it. D Watson is awesome.

Do you think that organization would want another Carr at QB??? I don't think so. Not likely.
    Keep in mind Watson has a no trade clause. So not only would you have a find a package that Houston is willing to take but you also have to convince Watson to waive is no trade clause to come here. Both seem unlikely.

RLA has no problem trading 3 first rounders for him. The problem is defense, losing 3 firsts would put us deeper in the hole that we are in. I can't believe there is serious consideration for trading Watson. I am on the focus on the defense conundrum.

"...prone to stoogery.".

To spend that many first rounders to replace a player that's not the reason we lost is not logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    RLA has no problem trading 3 first rounders for him. The problem is defense, losing 3 firsts would put us deeper in the hole that we are in. I can't believe there is serious consideration for trading Watson. I am on the focus on the defense conundrum.
    You can find 3 starters on defense with free agency, also, our first rd draft choices are not making this team better, you want to keep trying?

D Watson is excellent.

I think doesnít make sense. Watson is a good qb. He would cost 39 mil. We are already 17 mil over. That would make us 34 mil over. We get rid of brown, Williams and mariota and we would be about at the cap. But we would have no money for fa d players. No first round pick. We need a s, a lb, a couple of dts, a passrushing de, a corner, a wr, two ots, an og, and a backup rb. With no money and 6 draft picks all after the first. Soooo that means a bottom 5 defense again. And a worse oline.

Watson will go to Miami. Heís alwaiys liked Miami. They have 2 first round picks and two second round picks this year. And will trade tua. Watsonís not coming to the raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Keep in mind Watson has a no trade clause. So not only would you have a find a package that Houston is willing to take but you also have to convince Watson to waive is no trade clause to come here. Both seem unlikely.
    If Florida and it's no state tax is one of his determinate for where he wants to go, Vegas shouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

Deshaun Watson would immediately change the franchise dynamics and he'd likely energize the LV fans, so there's that. It's the "sexy" move.

... but the Raiders don't need sexy. They need rational, pragmatic improvements. The Raiders need a STUD NT. They need another DE across from Cle to make Max a situational pass rusher. They need a LB who can actually play coverage.

Move Joyner back to FS, where he was successful with the Rams. Have Abram play SS exclusively. Put Arnette and Mullen in positions to succeed: Man and Zone.

None of this is complicated. That's why I expect Gruden to outsmart himself, again, and get weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I think doesnít make sense. Watson is a good qb. He would cost 39 mil. We are already 17 mil over. That would make us 34 mil over. We get rid of brown, Williams and mariota and we would be about at the cap. But we would have no money for fa d players. No first round pick. We need a s, a lb, a couple of dts, a passrushing de, a corner, a wr, two ots, an og, and a backup rb. With no money and 6 draft picks all after the first. Soooo that means a bottom 5 defense again. And a worse oline.
    Watson is scheduled to make 10.75 in 2021, then it goes up to 30 something in 22,23,24.Derek will be paid about 30 something pretty soon anyways. You (we) can cut the dead weight, and be 45 mil under the cap, if we really wanted to, for 2021. Realistically from a free agent perspective , we just need 2 (maybe 3) starters and a new DC.

Then, go get Anthony Harris, go get a DL. Find somebody. AND STOP.

PS Watson is great, Derek is good.

D watson is overrated.No team goes 4-12 with a so called great qb.Why does watson get a such a huge pass?

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    I donít see a bidding war for Nelson. He had a nice year. He earned a pay raise. That said, he still dropped passes. I doubt there is a team out there planning on making an expensive pitch to Nelson. He is a good NFL receiver but he isnít exceptional. We would be stupid to give him more than a Will Fuller. 4 years 10 million
    The bidding war would be the natural result of the market assessing and affirming his value. It's unavoidable. It doesn't mean necessarily that everyone is trying to break the bank to get him. It just means that more than one team will compete for his services, as they should.

Considering that Agholor only earned $1M this season, he has a lot of ground to make up. And considering that there's no such thing as a receiver who catches every ball (as evinced by this past playoff weekend), I think his drops will be less of an issue than one might think. I mean we paid Tyrell ~$22M these last two seasons and his hands aren't exactly the greatest, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    You do realize that Carr was 4th in the nfl in pass plays over 40 yards?

And tied for 8th in the nfl in pass plays over 20 yards?

I think thatís considered pushing the ball downfield.
    And that's with the worst or near worst defense in the NFL depending on where you look. Offenses thrive when your D allows you to take chances. If something goes wrong ,no Big deal, make a stand. Our D at an average of 31pts. a game given up clearly did not!