Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 176 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    So much for the hiring Bradley in 48hrs.
    I hope we are talking to Wade. That will make up for the last 3 yrs of Guenther.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    It doesnít look like wade will be a raider. Gruden stayed it looks like we are going to stick with a 4-3 base with some mods.

So it looks like Bradley, Barry or Morris.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    It doesnít look like wade will be a raider. Gruden stayed it looks like we are going to stick with a 4-3 base with some mods.

So it looks like Bradley, Barry or Morris.
    Which is interesting though because although Wades system often acts like a 3/4 it is a 4/3 at heart but with a stand up edge instead of a hand in the dirt edge.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Which is interesting though because although Wades system often acts like a 3/4 it is a 4/3 at heart but with a stand up edge instead of a hand in the dirt edge.
    Even Wade Phillips calls his defense a 3-4 defense. I'm curious where this 4-3 Wade Phillips came along.

Grudenís ego will cost us time and him his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    It's clear that Gruden wants the Seattle defense, so Quinn is a fit. Quinn's performance in Atlanta was bad, though.
    Interesting enough just because a head coach doesn't do well or the defense he is the head coach of doesn't do well doesn't mean he isn't a good to great defensive coordinator.

Look at Allen for example. He was the head coach of the Raiders and the defense sucked, then he became the Saints defensive coordinator afterwords and the Saints have a really good defense.

A head coach kinda has to split their time between offense, defense, special teams and other things.

Which I'm sure you know all this already I was just putting my thoughts down on this. If Dan Quinn was a good defensive coordinator in the past I bet he could be good again as well.
    Last edited by krsonekth; 01-08-2021 at 06:10 PM.

Seems to me like another instance where the fans have an idea of what the Raiders should do, but the Raiders have their own mind on the matter. I will be shocked if Wade or any other blue chip coordinator gets the nod.

On the other hand Mike Nolan just became available....I joke .

I think after a dc. As far as players go, I think priority one should be Hendrickson de saints. 26 and had 13.5 sacks this year!!!!!!! Heís the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceGully View Post
    Rooney rule

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I think after a dc. As far as players go, I think priority one should be Hendrickson de saints. 26 and had 13.5 sacks this year!!!!!!! Heís the real deal.
    He would be a good get. He's grown into quite the player
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Seems to me like another instance where the fans have an idea of what the Raiders should do, but the Raiders have their own mind on the matter. I will be shocked if Wade or any other blue chip coordinator gets the nod.
    Wade would make too much sense. Which means it will not happen. Anything that makes sense doesn't happen with the Raiders.
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    Rooney rule
    Does that apply to coordinator jobs?

I honestly donít know.

I read somewhere that some of the Coaches being interviewed for the Defensive coordinator position may also be brought in as position coaches, so maybe Gruden is using this opportunity to feel some coaches out.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    I read somewhere that some of the Coaches being interviewed for the Defensive coordinator position may also be brought in as position coaches, so maybe Gruden is using this opportunity to feel some coaches out.
    Yeah, I *really* hope not, because a lot of these coaches have past experience with Rod Marinelli.

No thanks.

On one hand I'm anxious for then to hire a DC and see who it is, but on the other hand I can't help but dread who they may hire. This team is one of the reasons I take medication to control my blood pressure and anxiety 😅😅😅

Page 11 of 176 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast