Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 174 of 193 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2894
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    So in the offseason we knew we needed a good passrushing dt, a good fs, a good sam and a good rt.

We signed yannick(great pickup) buuut not one of our huge holes. But brings us a passrush. And John brown. Best two pickups in the offseason.

A bunch of dts who wonít get to the qb and one that might be able to if we are lucky.

No upgrade at lb. even though we need it badly.

Brought in a ss to play fs.

A nickel corner.

Drake.

Annnnnd no starting rt. No real Sam. No real fs. And no passrushing dt.

Wow
    I think we all knew Gruden would find a way to make the offense a priority in the draft. Saw it coming. It's like dating a woman who finds some way to make every aspect of the relationship all about her to the exclusion of everything else. Instead of us drafting a potentially impactful defender at 17, Gruden will likely draft an OL. Have to hope for the best with these single-minded, linear thinking, monomaniacal types.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I think that's the Waller Effect. Having a great TE means your WR corps almost always suffers.

Overall, I think the offense played well enough to win most of our games. So I won't knock the approach that Gruden is taking with the WR corps. At this point they're probably more worried about Red Zone efficiency than anything. That and Gruden probably is still trying to figure out a way to get more snaps per series (i.e., get more first downs).

If Drake is going to be used as a pass catching RB, that will only increase the perception that our WR group is run of the mill. But if it moves the chains and helps put points on the board, I'm all for it.
    I donít think the TE has anything to do with WRs on the roster. Thereís not too many examples of top TEs, but kittle and Kelce are the only ones that are obviously ahead of Waller.

KC has been stacked at WR and SF keeps drafting them. I think teams keep trying to add talent at WR, even if they have a great TE.

Now, quite honestly, I really wanted bryan Edwards in the draft. So I have high hopes for him. And while I wanted justin Jefferson, I can see how ruggs can be a great WR as well. So I think we have some talent. I do think a productive vet was a need. And Iím not opposed to getting another rookie if a good one is there in the 3rd... and if we addressed the other needs.

I just donít see how anyone can think that a vet WR wasnít a huge need.

Well at this point I do not see a real need for a linebacker except as a depth signing. We have our three starters in Littleton, Kwiatkoski, and Morrow. And I have a feeling that Yannuck(can't pronounce his name) will be in the mix too.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I think we all knew Gruden would find a way to make the offense a priority in the draft. Saw it coming. It's like dating a woman who finds some way to make every aspect of the relationship all about her to the exclusion of everything else. Instead of us drafting a potentially impactful defender at 17, Gruden will likely draft an OL. Have to hope for the best with these single-minded, linear thinking, monomaniacal types.
    We are at the mercy of a guy who consistently demonstrates a very poor ability to assess and build a winning roster. We turned a strength into a weakness, and now weíre about to reach for an OL prospect that will leave us scratching our heads. In Grudenís mind, hiring Bradley and some token 3rd round picks will improve the worst defense in football. Itís sad.

does anyone see Ferrell playing inside in passing situations?
    Dogdaddy

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    No doubt. Jaylen Mayfield after we trade down and fleece some poor unsuspecting team of their 2nd round draft pick as well as their first.
    Mayfield even after a trade down in the first would be a bad choice. Plus Tom Cable likes athletic OLine. Mayfield is not a very athletic player. Doesnt fit what we do on the offensive line. One of the few picks I would legit hate if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    If you can, imagine him as the 'Michael Bennet' of our defense in Gus Bradley's system. So that means yes Next to David Irving.

Yes. Cle has already played inside on some downs for us going back to his rookie season. I think the new DC will continue to find a way to put him where he's most impactful. But ideally we have to get better production from the guys that we're actually paying to play the position. Cle is best on the edge imho.

No we won't get Parsons. He'll be gone before we get a chance to pick. If we trade down and add another 2nd round pick then we might be able to draft Zaven Collins. He might fall to the 2nd round.
    I don't think so either, however there are a number of scenarios where he does fall that far. Remember, only a Sith deals in absolutes.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Yes, of course.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Gruden and Mayock have screwed this Roster up. We will finish last in our Division this year. Mark needs to Fire them both.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    Gruden and Mayock have screwed this Roster up. We will finish last in our Division this year. Mark needs to Fire them both.

Mark needs to fire himself too!

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Well at this point I do not see a real need for a linebacker except as a depth signing. We have our three starters in Littleton, Kwiatkoski, and Morrow. And I have a feeling that Yannuck(can't pronounce his name) will be in the mix too.
    Our linebackers are pretty average. The need for drafting one in the first is so that Morrow,Littleton and Kwiat would end up on the depth chart, and we would potentially have a game changer at linebacker. Yannick will be rushing the passer. He wonít see much time if any at linebacker.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Mayfield even after a trade down in the first would be a bad choice. Plus Tom Cable likes athletic OLine. Mayfield is not a very athletic player. Doesnt fit what we do on the offensive line. One of the few picks I would legit hate if it happened.
    Among the top offensive tackles Mayfield is the only one who is a true right tackle. I don't care what Cable says. He's lucky to have a job. Bruce Campbell was very athletic and he ruined him.

Among the top offensive tackles Mayfield is the only one who is a true right tackle. I don't care what Cable says. He's lucky to have a job. Bruce Campbell was very athletic and he ruined him.
    I mean Tevin Jenkins played RT all last season. Not sure how you can can say Mayfield is the only pure RT. Cable has kept this this offensive line holding its own with various mix and matching all season. You may not like Cable but he is still in charge of this oline and his input will be a requirement for draftees for the position.