Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 153 of 199 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2985
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Did he even speak with other teams?
    I imagine his agent did as due diligence, but if a team that your player wants to go to is staring you in the face with almost $10B for 1 season as a CB in this market, there's really no need to take those other calls. Maybe next year when his contract is up.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    ^^^Amon-Ra? What is he an ancient egyptian god?
    If we get him, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffjett View Post
    https://www.panthers.com/news/tre-bo...ed-by-panthers

Not sure why we don't look at Tre Boston. He's a good deep cover safety that can probably be had cheap. He had a good year with the panthers and is only 28.
    I thought the same thing about Eric Reid last season when he was available. Pro Bowl caliber safety, he was only 27 or 28 at the time and could have provided the kind of solid play and veteran leadership that we needed. But I guess the NFL's politics got in the way of the Raiders taking a serious look at him.

Levi Damien@LeviDamien

#Raiders hosted former Broncos RT Elijah Wilkinson on a free agent visit.

Would anybody be interested in giving up a 2nd round pick for JC Jackson? Its a thought, considering how bad we have been at picking corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Would anybody be interested in giving up a 2nd round pick for JC Jackson? Its a thought, considering how bad we have been at picking corners.

Would rather not give up a 2nd for a corner. Willing to trade a 2nd but addressing a different position.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    ^^^Amon-Ra? What is he an ancient egyptian god?
    Amon-ra St. Brown brother of equenious(sp?)st brown with the packers

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post

I would give up a 3rd for Havenstein to play rt at 28 years old

Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    Would rather not give up a 2nd for a corner. Willing to trade a 2nd but addressing a different position.
    What if we offered a 2nd for Marcus Williams?
    Saints are in a lot of cap trouble and they franchised him without having the money to franchise or extend.

Azeez ojulari could be the final piece to our front seven.Would love micah parsons,do we trade up? We need to put more heat on the qb.

Josh Shaw has been reinstated. Though not sure theyd let him sign with us, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Saints are in a lot of cap trouble and they franchised him without having the money to franchise or extend.
    In a heart beat

Absolutely but theyll likely want more than a second. My guess would be a first. That Im not so sure Id be willing to do. Id have to really think it thru

Espn article... Best NFL free-agency signings (Bill Barnwell)
    10. Kyle Van Noy - NE
    9. Justin Coleman - MIA
    8. Andre Roberts - HOU
    7. Mike Boone - DEN
    6. Kevin Zeitler - BAL
    5. Haason Reddick - CAR
    4. Yannick Ngakoue - LVR
    It's hard to get a good deal on a player at his peak after a career season, so if a team wants to somehow come away with a bargain in free agency, it has to be willing to take on some risk. With Ngakoue, the risk is that the Raiders are getting a player coming off two relatively disappointing seasons.

If you want to argue that Ngakoue is a below-average run-defender, you can do that. Frankly, in a league in which teams are passing more than ever before, that means less and less. Teams are paying their edge defenders to rush the passer, and when you consider Ngakoue's five-year career on the whole, he has been effective doing that. Since entering the league, he ranks 12th in sacks and 14th in knockdowns. His pass-rushing numbers over that time frame are virtually identical to those of Frank Clark, who cost the Chiefs first- and second-round picks in a trade and is on a five-year, $104 million deal.
    3. John Brown - LVR
    One important thing I look for in a contract is a plausible way for a player to outplay his deal. Some contracts have all the upside baked in, where the team is paying a player with a limited track record like he's going to be the best possible version of himself for the majority of his new deal.
    With Brown, the Raiders are paying a pittance for a guy who was a legitimate WR1 in 2019 with a then-inconsistent quarterback in Josh Allen. Brown averaged 9.2 yards per target and 70.7 receiving yards per game, and while those were outlier numbers for his career, that sort of production would come in closer to $15 million or so per season on the open market. We know he has that sort of upside in his back pocket.
    If the Raiders get the 2020 version of Brown, he'll outplay this deal. If they get the 2019 version of Brown, he'll be one of the biggest bargains of the season.

2. Rob Gronkowski - TB
    1. Trent Williams - SF

I don't see the Raiders giving Williams a big multiyear extension, though. Reports are that Williams signed the tag, which indicates to me that he likes being in NOLA.

Edit: On a side not, it's interesting to see all of the safeties that were drafted in 2017 in the first two rounds. That was the year we had Joseph and Harris as our safeties. If I'm not mistaken that was also the year we drafted a CB in the first round. No surprise there.
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 03-21-2021 at 06:31 PM.