Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 202 of 219 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3285
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL MAGROIN View Post
    Guessing he turned up out of shape lol
    I think I read he wasn't even at the OTA's.

I also read that Philon and Stills were looking good so those two things combined might have lead to his release.

And he said himself Gruden asked him to be a leader on the defense... I heard he didn't show either so guessing if he isn't gonna be committed then cut him

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    And he said himself Gruden asked him to be a leader on the defense... I heard he didn't show either so guessing if he isn't gonna be committed then cut him
    One of the many problems with the defense last year was lack of commitment and accountability. All players who aren't committed should be let go. You can sense Grudens desperation to win now. I would not be surprised if they go all in for Julio. Top 5 WR, TE, RB would make the Raiders VERY dangerous. The defense would just have to improve a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Las Vegas Raiders@Raiders

We have released DL David Irving.
    The first of many. We don't know all of the reasons, but you can expect there to be releases of players who we think would have made solid additions to the team. It seems like every year we let someone go that ends up balling on another team -- and usually better than the guys that we kept.
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 05-22-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    You gotta admit itís a convergence of philosophy, coaching and a willingness to buy into a system. That being said I agree with you but at least in my mind, itís pretty improbable that anyone player accomplishes what Brady has.

I mean what if Bledsoe doesnít get injured? What if it was the Ravens beating NE in Ď00? What if the Eagles had taken Brady in the draft? A lot of circumstantial stuff had to fall together for Bradyís star to rise. Could someone be as good of an athlete as Brady? There are some that could be better than him currently playing but show me just one with six rings....
    I hear you. I don't think anyone will catch Bill Russell's 11 rings in my lifetime, but with guys like LeBron appearing in 10 NBA Finals, I can't rule out that someone will someday. I feel the same about the NFL. Brady has 7, Charles Haley has 5, but a ton of players have 4, including QBs like Montana and Bradshaw. As players continue to evolve from a health standpoint, and the game becomes less and less of a brutal blood sport, I can see someone coming along to catch Brady. I mean, let's be honest: I highly doubt Tom has 7 if he played back when Bradshaw played. Someone would have knocked out the slow statue multiple times, perhaps shortening his career.
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 05-22-2021 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderAce View Post
    One of the many problems with the defense last year was lack of commitment and accountability. All players who aren't committed should be let go. You can sense Grudens desperation to win now. I would not be surprised if they go all in for Julio. Top 5 WR, TE, RB would make the Raiders VERY dangerous. The defense would just have to improve a little bit.
    I don't think the Raiders have the cap room to absorb Julio's contract. I might be wrong about that. They certainly can't/won't pay both him and Carr when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I don't think the Raiders have the cap room to absorb Julio's contract. I might be wrong about that. They certainly can't/won't pay both him and Carr when the time comes.
    Carr has 2 years left and Julio has 3 with an out after 2. They can pay both but I just donít see them paying Julio his money at 32. If heíd restructure thatís another story but I also donít see falcons letting him go cheap and that takes him back off the table.

The only way this can happen is if Carr is in the deal, or some 3 team trade. Not sure if I would do it. There is a rumor of us involved in a blockbuster trade for him. Leave it to Gruden, it's his butt on the line. If this were to happen, and then backfire, he just might have sealed his fate.

Field Yates@FieldYates

Had the Texans not claimed former Washington FT LT Geron Christian, he would have become a Raider.

Both Las Vegas and Miami both put in a waiver claim on the 2018 3rd rounder who has value as a possible swing tackle.

According to Sporttrac.com we have an estimated $8.4 mil of cap space available. Julio is looking at $15 mil. I would not do the deal for several reasons.
    1. Why am I going to pay top dollar for something that you (ATL) don't want or think that you need.
    2. I am not giving away the future for the immediate present (We have not been successful with that strategy).
    3. Let's give what got one more year to develop and if Julio is available next year then he will be even cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    According to Sporttrac.com we have an estimated $8.4 mil of cap space available. Julio is looking at $15 mil. I would not do the deal for several reasons.
    1. Why am I going to pay top dollar for something that you (ATL) don't want or think that you need.
    2. I am not giving away the future for the immediate present (We have not been successful with that strategy).
    3. Let's give what got one more year to develop and if Julio is available next year then he will be even cheaper.
    15.3 million base plus prorated signing bonus is $23million cap hit, I read over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    Most important:

4. while the league has become pass-heavy, WR is not a position a team should overspend on. Replacement level WRs are actually pretty effective, if only because replacement level CBs generally suck.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    15.3 million base plus prorated signing bonus is $23million cap hit, I read over the weekend.
    I mean any team that trades for Julio would not be responsible for any prorated signing bonuses. Those stay with Atlanta.

-----

Field Yates @FieldYates

Again, the financials involved for a Julio Jones trade. The acquiring team would owe Jones:
    2021: $15.3M (guaranteed)
    2022: $11.513 ($2M guaranteed now)
    2023: $11.513M

3-years, $38.326M for Jones, who turned 32 in February.

------

Raiders could restructure/extend Julio as well if they wanted. By converting the 15.3M into a 1M base and 14.3M signing bonus Julio's cap hit for this season can shrink to under 6M or less depending on if they add any years to his contract or stick with the 3 year total.

The cap this season is 182M. The early projections for the cap over the next two seasons is to reach 225/230M once Covid cap deflation gets removed and the new salary from the new TV deals come into effect with the new CBA. Raiders could easily fit both Carr and Julio into the cap if they so chose.

=

Raiders are currently 2nd in the betting odds to land Julio. Who knows if anything will happen but if they want to acquire him they still have plenty of ways to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    I think the Falcons will be responsible for any signing bonus if I'm not mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I mean any team that trades for Julio would not be responsible for any prorated signing bonuses. Those stay with Atlanta.

-----

Field Yates @FieldYates

Again, the financials involved for a Julio Jones trade. The acquiring team would owe Jones:
    2021: $15.3M (guaranteed)
    2022: $11.513 ($2M guaranteed now)
    2023: $11.513M

3-years, $38.326M for Jones, who turned 32 in February.

------

Raiders could restructure/extend Julio as well if they wanted. By converting the 15.3M into a 1M base and 14.3M signing bonus Julio's cap hit for this season can shrink to under 6M or less depending on if they add any years to his contract or stick with the 3 year total.

The cap this season is 182M. The early projections for the cap over the next two seasons is to reach 225/230M once Covid cap deflation gets removed and the new salary from the new TV deals come into effect with the new CBA. Raiders could easily fit both Carr and Julio into the cap if they so chose.

=

Raiders are currently 2nd in the betting odds to land Julio. Who knows if anything will happen but if they want to acquire him they still have plenty of ways to make it work.
    Yes Hunter laid it out perfectly. I'd trade for Julio in a heart beat. Question is does he want to play for the Raiders?
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.