Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    #Raiders expected to show interest in former USC defensive end Leonard Williams...

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    #Raiders expected to show interest in former USC defensive end Leonard Williams...
    He's a must but he will cost a lot.Him and baremore are my dream defensive tackles heading into next season.

We still need someone that can play the leo position.I don't know if gruden truly likes mckinley or beasley,they are just a shell of their former selves.
    2019 NFL MOCK DRAFT!!!
    Pick #4 Josh allen edge rusher kentucky
    Pick #24 deandre baker cornerback georgia
    Pick #27 noah fant tight end iowa
    Pick #35 mack wilson ilb alabama

Tony "el cucuy" ferguson

Evidently we are over the cap by 7 mil.
    We only have two who have restructured the contracts they got(Hudson and Littleton).
    If we cut
    Brown 14 mil
    Mariota 10 mil
    Williams 11 mil
    Nassib 3
    Joyner 9 mil
    That would save us 47 mil in cap.
    We can get Carr and Richie to restructure
    Too. That could save us another 6 mil. So we would be 46 mil on the positive.
    Plenty to get us agholor and a Leonard Williams. And get us a good draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    We only have two who have restructured the contracts they got(Hudson and Littleton).
    If we cut
    Brown 14 mil
    Mariota 10 mil
    Williams 11 mil
    Nassib 3
    Joyner 9 mil
    I'd expect David Irving, Vic Beasley and Takk McKinley stay. They're at worst depth, and Agholor caliber "magical signings" at best.

That leaves enough for one marquee defensive signing. Let's hope it's Leonard Williams.

If we cut
    Brown 14 mil
    Mariota 10 mil
    Williams 11 mil
    Nassib 3
    Joyner 9 mil
    Richie may restructure but 0 reason for Carr to and I doubt he does.

Nassib and Joyner likely also stick around. Tho Joyner needs to take a paycut. He will finally play S which is what got him paid in the first place.

We can free up 36 and prob more with Richie as a restructure or cut.

Cut Richie and use the money to sign Good to a 3 to 4 year deal. Nothing against his heart or ability, but at 38 Richie is definitely more likely to get a serious injury that significantly impacts his level of play and availability.

Bradley will probably squeeze more positive results out of both Joyner and Nassib. I agree Joyner should restructure, but he isn't going to from the goodness of his heart. If we cut him he'll get some cash and with his next contract make amount he was going to with us so where is his incentive? If we extend him with a more team friendly deal, but still finish the guarantees of this contract he may consider a restructure so the cap hit is spread out. It's how I would play it if I was him.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Richie may restructure but 0 reason for Carr to and I doubt he does.

Nassib and Joyner likely also stick around. Tho Joyner needs to take a paycut. He will finally play S which is what got him paid in the first place.

We can free up 36 and prob more with Richie as a restructure or cut.
    Every single educated human being looked at Joyner's contract with the Raiders and said: "He's not an outside CB and he's not a slot CB, he's a good FS. Anything but FS is a waste of his talents."

NFL coaches watch film every day. They work incredibly hard and earn massive salaries. I cannot imagine how the Raiders botched LaMarcus Joyner's time in Oakland/Vegas so badly. You paid him to be an undersized but over productive FS ... and then didn't play him at FS. Mystifying.

Joyner had a 90.3 PFF rating playing FS for the Rams. I hadn't realized he'd been that good. That's top-3 in the league kind of good.

Just put him back at FS, sign a DT and start looking for new players at RT and depth for OG / C.

Been posting here since 08, every year its the same crap. Everyone on this board sees what the Raiders ought to do, we talk about it endlessly.

The powers that be at the helm of the ship rarely see the same thing, whos right here?

Ive tried to look at it objectively by looking at other teams to see if the do the same dumb **** and some do, but its mostly the team with the most loyal fan base in the NFL that seems endlessly committed to mediocrity...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Todd Gurley behind josh "gashed forehead" jacobs would be 🔥 🔥 🔥.

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Been posting here since 08, every year its the same crap. Everyone on this board sees what the Raiders ought to do, we talk about it endlessly.

The powers that be at the helm of the ship rarely see the same thing, whos right here?

Ive tried to look at it objectively by looking at other teams to see if the do the same dumb **** and some do, but its mostly the team with the most loyal fan base in the NFL that seems endlessly committed to mediocrity...
    You are most likely correct in your observations, but if we didnt release our continued frustration and desperation with fan fiction through our posts wed most assuredly go insane potentially falling so deep into depression and misery thus becoming so disconnected with reality that some of us could possibly fall so low to become Bronco fans.

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    Cut Richie and use the money to sign Good to a 3 to 4 year deal. Nothing against his heart or ability, but at 38 Richie is definitely more likely to get a serious injury that significantly impacts his level of play and availability.

Bradley will probably squeeze more positive results out of both Joyner and Nassib. I agree Joyner should restructure, but he isn't going to from the goodness of his heart. If we cut him he'll get some cash and with his next contract make amount he was going to with us so where is his incentive? If we extend him with a more team friendly deal, but still finish the guarantees of this contract he may consider a restructure so the cap hit is spread out. It's how I would play it if I was him.
    Goode is not worth what he will get paid. If you cut Richie, that means we will have Gabe and a crappy Simpson. With no rt. So we would have to get another og and two ots, a fs, Dt, de, wr and lb.

I say we get Richie to restructure. So we can have miller, Richie, Hudson, Gabe and get a rt(we need one badly). We have too many holes to fill.

Hopefully, we draft a rt later. Sign Anthony Harris and Leonard will through fa. And draft tons o d.

Goode is not worth what he will get paid. If you cut Richie, that means we will have Gabe and a crappy Simpson. With no rt. So we would have to get another og and two ots, a fs, Dt, de, wr and lb.

I say we get Richie to restructure. So we can have miller, Richie, Hudson, Gabe and get a rt(we need one badly). We have too many holes to fill.

Hopefully, we draft a rt later. Sign Anthony Harris and Leonard will through fa. And draft tons o d.
    Totally agree, that is a great example of a very strong outcome for 2021 off season.

A 38 year old Richie with an Achilles injury. I think he's as good as gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    You are most likely correct in your observations, but if we didnt release our continued frustration and desperation with fan fiction through our posts wed most assuredly go insane potentially falling so deep into depression and misery thus becoming so disconnected with reality that some of us could possibly fall so low to become Bronco fans.
    No doubt, lol!
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

I'd be willing to cut costs elsewhere on the offense, just to make sure the OL stays decent, yet still free up enough money to help the D. It's why I'm not bullish on re-signing Nelson. An offense can be productive with replacement level WRs, but not with good WRs coupled to a crap OL.

We can get a replacements for Incognito and Brown for less money, either in the draft or FA. Perhaps not quite as good, but not horrid. Cut Tyrell. Don't spend on Agholor when there's likely a cheap alternative out there (or you ride it out with this past year's rookies). The offense will still be good, but cost less, and that money can be spent on the defensive front.

Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast