Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Brownies are taking it to the Steelers, go Cleveland...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Watson is a pipe dream.

Trading for JJ Watt is more likely. Sounds like the Texans are likely to blow everything up so he may he even get released if there are no takers
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Agreed. If they can't fix the D, I don't care who's the QB.
    I agree QB isn't a big issue. That being said The Raiders clearly don't have the draft picks, trade bait, money, to fix what needs fixing on defense and that's before hiring a DC .Money left for the offense? 56 million on the 24th ranked O line in the NFL---the most! Probably will have to let Agholor walk. Ruggs taking over?--big? For gods sake don't sign Watts. Raiders have decades of futility signing players past or near past their prime---that's Watts !Our only hope is our D starters are good but just were not motivated which I know is a pipe dream,
    because like it or not were are stuck with some.

Considering how the offense performed in 2020 I would be very surprised if Gruden made any drastic changes on that side of the ball regardless of who is available on the free agent market.

I thought hiring a DC was going to be a quick process? If this is quick I would hate to see what slow and methodical looks like.

I think this is a big question mark going into 2021. Does Gruden look back or does Gruden look forward with his offense.

I believe that depends on the QB. With Carr I think Gruden needs to open things up. I think he needs to push the ball downfield and I think all of this is predicated with how he uses Josh Jacobs and how well Carr operates under center to sell play action. The runningback position has always been a focal point in his passing game. Why he doesn't utilize Jacobs more in that capacity is puzzling.

BTW-Gruden has never embraced a vertical passing strategy even when has had the QB's that could hit those routes.

With a Mariotta or DeSuan Watson (hypothetically) the QB becomes a dual threat and in the case of Watson you have a dual threat QB that could push the ball downfield. Gruden never utilized that aspect of Rich Gannon game and despite opinions to the contrary Gannon could go deep as he demonstrated playing for Norv Turner.

People will point to the statistics and say the offense is fine, but redzone production remains liability and Gruden still isn't showcasing Jacobs in the passing game (ala Charlie Garner).

QB mobility does help in the redzone. The element of unpredictability once a play breaks down is difficult to game plan against.

Watson and Lamar Jackson are freaks of nature. Duel threat QB's that can strike from any place on the field with their arms or their feet. Tyerelle Pryor could show flashes of that minus the intangibles.

What that type of QB could do in a Jon Gruden offense is an interesting hypothetical.
    You do realize that Carr was 4th in the nfl in pass plays over 40 yards?

And tied for 8th in the nfl in pass plays over 20 yards?

I think thatís considered pushing the ball downfield.

Considering how the offense performed in 2020 I would be very surprised if Gruden made any drastic changes on that side of the ball regardless of who is available on the free agent market.
    I think a huge problem is agholor is a fa. Heís gonna want money and he is our number 1 wr.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    I thought hiring a DC was going to be a quick process? If this is quick I would hate to see what slow and methodical looks like.
    I thought addressing our pass rush was going to be addressed quickly. Several years later, I'm still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I think a huge problem is agholor is a fa. Heís gonna want money and he is our number 1 wr.
    My gut tells me they'll send Tyrell Williams packing and offer Agholor a new contract using some of the $11M per year that we no longer have to pay TW. The only real question is whether or not Agholor's market or personal preferences influence his decision more than staying with the Raiders.

I donít see a bidding war for Nelson. He had a nice year. He earned a pay raise. That said, he still dropped passes. I doubt there is a team out there planning on making an expensive pitch to Nelson. He is a good NFL receiver but he isnít exceptional. We would be stupid to give him more than a Will Fuller. 4 years 10 million

Depending on how much he wants I'm not sure Raiders are going to pay him. For better or worse Im sure Raiders are going to lean on Ruggs and Edwards next season for #1/#2 WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Depending on how much he wants I'm not sure Raiders are going to pay him. For better or worse Im sure Raiders are going to lean on Ruggs and Edwards next season for #1/#2 WRs.
    I don't think Ruggs will be a number 1.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    My gut tells me they'll send Tyrell Williams packing and offer Agholor a new contract using some of the $11M per year that we no longer have to pay TW. The only real question is whether or not Agholor's market or personal preferences influence his decision more than staying with the Raiders.
    I think we will be 17 over the cap. If we cut brown thatís 14 mil. Williams 11 mil. Then a couple of restructures.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Edwards is probably a #4. Lol

Edwards is probably a #4. Lol
    You can say that but the point I was making stands. Raiders invested in Ruggs and Edwards. That means if they need to save money so they can spend on the defense letting Ruggs and Edwards be starters again seems likely.

Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast