Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Fun listening to the speculation of a disgruntled Deshaun Watson somehow ending up on the Raiders via trade. Yes, it would be a mistake for Houston to move him, but it's a nice pipe dream to add Watson and somehow figure out a way to build a defense via free agency and later rounds of the draft.

IF...we had a chance to get DeShaun Watson, what would you give up and in that scenario, what could we get for Carr??

Quote Originally Posted by VinceGully View Post
    IF...we had a chance to get DeShaun Watson, what would you give up and in that scenario, what could we get for Carr??
    You'd certainly be on the phone with New England.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

Package Carr, Williams and Brown for Watson.

Pray they say yes.

I'm crazy and desperate for a playoff run, so I'm probably the wrong person to answer this. I'd offer our first round picks for 2021, 2022 and 2023. I like Carr, I really do, but I think Watson is Gannon 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I'm crazy and desperate for a playoff run, so I'm probably the wrong person to answer this. I'd offer our first round picks for 2021, 2022 and 2023. I like Carr, I really do, but I think Watson is Gannon 3.0.
    On one hand, I would hate to give up three first rounds, on the other hand, we havenít done a great job with our first round picks so it might be worth it. Maybe turn around and get one first back for Carr

If we got Wade Phillips, Iíd make this trade in a heart beat.
    Last edited by VinceGully; 01-09-2021 at 05:50 PM.

I used to believe that QB mobility was an intergal to factor in the success of Gruden's WCO. Maybe it still is, I don't know. I think as the game has evolved the ability to strike vertically and attack the seams is now the preeminent attribute. Watson? Yes, alot of similarities with Rich Gannon in terms of athleticism. He still doesn't have Gannon's intangibles. In terms of a vertical game-Carr could be one of the best in the NFL. This isn't 2002 anymore.

Al Davis would have loved todays passing game. His variant of Sid Gillmans vertical offense is once again very relevant.

Gruden needs to open things up and apply some of Bill Musgraves passing schemes and not be so run heavy. Save the Jacobs for the 4th quarter work him into the passing game in space and attack the vertical seams with Ruggs and Agholor.
    Last edited by Proximo; 01-09-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Watson to the Raiders is not happening.

Bring Wade in and change our defense into a strength.

Hello Playoffs!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Two bits of good news from PSD headlines:

1) Eric Bienemy had a great interview with Atlanta and is the strongest candidate to be their head coach (if he wants the job.)

2) Eric Harris has put his Las Vegas house up for sale.

In short: Raheem Morris + a new FS. Great news. (Turns out Morris also runs the 43 cover-3 Seattle defense these days, more evidence of what Gruden wants to do.)

You guys still plugging getting rid of Carr? Some of you just won't let it go. Not sure what games people are watching.
    On a different note Harris selling his home is no surprise. But to be honest, there a lot more that need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    You guys still plugging getting rid of Carr? Some of you just won't let it go. Not sure what games people are watching.
    On a different note Harris selling his home is no surprise. But to be honest, there a lot more that need to go.
    I have been in Carrís corner BUT if you have a chance to get a top five QB, you donít take it?

Carr is good, not great or elite. We can win with him, especially if we can upgrade our defense but Watson moves that timeline up, can cover up some of the defensive inefficiencies and he is younger.

I would give up first rounds for Watson based on the way we have drafted.

The clock is ticking on some of our more important offensive pieces, Waller and Miller are going to want to be paid, Hudson is not a young man, Carr is going to become a contract issue soon.

The O is set for another year or two at best, get a credible DC NOW! Spend our resources on the defense and compete now not later. Maybe if we can establish a winning culture we can convince this team to stick together without one or two pieces in the pay me now or Iím outta here mode....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Harrisí fate is sealed, his contract is up. No way that we consider bringing him back. How many more need to go will probably be determined by who the choice is for DC. If weíre just going to get another jelly fish to appease Grudenís ego then by all means sell the farm and free up money and picks for yet another rebuild of the Yugo...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Two bits of good news from PSD headlines:

1) Eric Bienemy had a great interview with Atlanta and is the strongest candidate to be their head coach (if he wants the job.)

2) Eric Harris has put his Las Vegas house up for sale.

In short: Raheem Morris + a new FS. Great news. (Turns out Morris also runs the 43 cover-3 Seattle defense these days, more evidence of what Gruden wants to do.)
    Yep-was thinking the same things as the dominos begin to fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On one hand, I would hate to give up three first rounds, on the other hand, we havenít done a great job with our first round picks so it might be worth it. Maybe turn around and get one first back for Carr

If we got Wade Phillips, Iíd make this trade in a heart beat.
    My thinking is that with Watson in hand, that helps lure pretty much any available free agent WR to the Raiders, so I don't worry about the offense.

That means most of our picks in the draft would be for defense and depth. Looking at many of the top defenders in the league today and historically, most of them weren't first round picks. You can find All Pro guys like Bobby Wagner, Budda Baker, Demario Davis, Tyrann Mathieu, Darius Leonard, Calais Campbell, etc., in the second and third rounds of the draft. It just means that Mayock and the scouts have to really put in the work, because they won't have the grace of a first round pick to screw up.

And I agree that you could get something for Carr. Look at the Washington Football Team tonight. Something tells me if they had someone like Carr to back up Heinecke, they probably score and push the game into OT. You can just tell that the injury was affecting Heinecke on that last drive. Given that Alex Smith could also retire, I'd dangle Carr and see if WFT took the bait. But they're not the only team that would be much improved if they had Carr on their roster.

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast