Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 199 of 212 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3179
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Thatís funny. I just read a story about how the ravens want to take advantage of the soft schedule early. Hope Jon saw that... bulletin board is looking a little bare.
    We are competitive enough to beat any team on the schedule but young/flawed enough to lose to any team on the schedule.

It makes it exciting, but pretty stressful!

We kind of almost screwed ourselves finishing second in the division. Instead of getting to play the Jets Lions and Jaguars we got the Colts Bears and Dolphins. Definitely harder games based off last season and this projected season.

Iím not sure weíve done enough to get over the hump and into the playoffs. Hard to have faith in the latest player acquisitions when itís been proven the guy(s) in charge have gotten it wrong far more often than right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    We kind of almost screwed ourselves finishing second in the division. Instead of getting to play the Jets Lions and Jaguars we got the Colts Bears and Dolphins. Definitely harder games based off last season and this projected season.

Iím not sure weíve done enough to get over the hump and into the playoffs. Hard to have faith in the latest player acquisitions when itís been proven the guy(s) in charge have gotten it wrong far more often than right.
    I think we're better than last year. Question is.....can we play better? If the D can force at least 2 more punts per game over last year, then we have a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I think we're better than last year. Question is.....can we play better? If the D can force at least 2 more punts per game over last year, then we have a shot.
    My concern is that we find out that we are statistically better than last year, but still behind the curve as far as the rest of the NFL goes. Lots of tough teams got better this offseason, at least on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    My concern is that we find out that we are statistically better than last year, but still behind the curve as far as the rest of the NFL goes. Lots of tough teams got better this offseason, at least on paper.
    That's a interesting viewpoint because every team in the division got better. I dont know much of what the other teams did but I know the chiefs and chargers packed they're lines. The Raiders have focused on building the lines though but know one knows how they'll play

Every year it seems as if most teams got better. Because they do. As population increases in the US, and the development of youth increases, talent levels will increase. Especially if the number of teams remains constant.

But, it is not as notable of a difference as it may seem. Mostly the issue is we are comparing what the team looks like on paper now, to what it ended up as last year. Well, most teams have very few injuries right now. Injuries deplete rosters tremendously.

Also, draft picks all have value right now. Last year we were excited about how our picks could contribute. Some disappointed. Some didnít even last on our team. So while it may seem like teams improved, until they play the games, itís all speculation.

I'm concerned about the first few games. Let's hope Bradley can put it all together, and the guys that we have high expectations can deliver.
    Iím concerned about our olbs. I think they are targets in the running game. I would rather have deablo at sam than morrow. At least he isnít a target in the run game. We will have problems with teams like the ravens. They run the ball very well and run right at olbs. We probably have two of the weakest olb against the run in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderAce View Post
    That's a interesting viewpoint because every team in the division got better. I dont know much of what the other teams did but I know the chiefs and chargers packed they're lines. The Raiders have focused on building the lines though but know one knows how they'll play
    Not sure Chargers got better. Broncos still have bad qbs. Kc def got better. Just with the o line improvemt

In many ways we're entering this season with a number of unknowns. Everyone is convinced for the most part that it can't get worse than it was last year. I'm not quite there yet. I'm convinced of one of two outcomes: Either we're going to catch lightning in a bottle this year and make the playoffs, or we're going to really, really stink up the joint. Our schedule is too tough for the middle of the road.

Ryan Kerrigan is still a FA, I would add him can't believe we wouldn't bring him on with all the other signings we made

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Ryan Kerrigan is still a FA, I would add him can't believe we wouldn't bring him on with all the other signings we made
    He already signed with the eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Iím concerned about our olbs. I think they are targets in the running game. I would rather have deablo at sam than morrow. At least he isnít a target in the run game. We will have problems with teams like the ravens. They run the ball very well and run right at olbs. We probably have two of the weakest olb against the run in the league.
    I was never impressed with out LB's. The Jets ran all day to the outside, and we couldn't stop it. The Chiefs did it in the second game, and we couldn't stop it. I would say it is a major concern. Like I've always said that the first 4 games will be a good indicator on how the season will go. The bad part is that especially early in the season the O dominates, so we are at risk, but the other side of the coin is that our O should put points on the board. As long as we don't turn it over, we should be there to steal a win if fate smiles upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    In many ways we're entering this season with a number of unknowns. Everyone is convinced for the most part that it can't get worse than it was last year. I'm not quite there yet. I'm convinced of one of two outcomes: Either we're going to catch lightning in a bottle this year and make the playoffs, or we're going to really, really stink up the joint. Our schedule is too tough for the middle of the road.
    As are 31 other teams, maybe not the Bucs, they brought just about everyone back, so let's just say 30.

"...prone to stoogery.".

I was never impressed with out LB's. The Jets ran all day to the outside, and we couldn't stop it. The Chiefs did it in the second game, and we couldn't stop it. I would say it is a major concern. Like I've always said that the first 4 games will be a good indicator on how the season will go. The bad part is that especially early in the season the O dominates, so we are at risk, but the other side of the coin is that our O should put points on the board. As long as we don't turn it over, we should be there to steal a win if fate smiles upon us.
    The Raiders seem allergic to drafting LB's early and it's really starting to piss me off, it's clearly been a weak spot on this team for a very long time.

Haven't drafted one early since the great one!!!!

Prognostication based on strength of schedule is overated. Good teams win regardless.