Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 194 of 214 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3200
    Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero

The #Raiders are signing WR Caleb Scott, per source.

Scott -- who ran a 4.39 40 coming out of Vanderbilt -- has spent time with the #Seahawks and #Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Raider Cody@RaiderCody

Notable #Raiders jersey #ís:

- Clelin Ferrell (changed) #99
    - Kenyan Drake #23
    - Karl Joseph #43 (Littleton has #42)
    - Yannick Ngakoue #91
    Giving offenses 99 problems...but a sack ain't one?

Can't wait to see the official schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I don't think that's in our best interest, Do you want another Carson Palmer situation? If we don't get him before the season starts. then I don't think it happens. Besides, if we get off to a slow start, it'll be the D that causes it.
    You can't compare Carson Palmer to Aaron Rodgers in terms of QB skill or aptitude, nor can you compare Hue Jackson to Jon Gruden in terms of getting a QB game ready. Ideally, you'd like your QB to be in camp from Day 1, but I don't see Rodgers under any circumstance coming in and tossing almost as many INTs as TDs. (Palmer: 35 TDs, 30 INTs in his time as a Raiders QB. The definition of "meh." But then it's not like he was coming off of an MVP year when we got him.)

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Might as well give RaiderLakersA's the post of the year trophy, no need keeping the competition open any more.

You can't compare Carson Palmer to Aaron Rodgers in terms of QB skill or aptitude, nor can you compare Hue Jackson to Jon Gruden in terms of getting a QB game ready. Ideally, you'd like your QB to be in camp from Day 1, but I don't see Rodgers under any circumstance coming in and tossing almost as many INTs as TDs. (Palmer: 35 TDs, 30 INTs in his time as a Raiders QB. The definition of "meh." But then it's not like he was coming off of an MVP year when we got him.)
    Not comparing the two. I'm referring to the situation. There are going to be adjustments for him and the team, and I just don't see him walking in after the season has started, then pick up where he has left off.

Schedule is leaking. Looks like we play at home on Monday night to start the season against the Ravens and we also play against the Cowboys on thanksgiving day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Not comparing the two. I'm referring to the situation. There are going to be adjustments for him and the team, and I just don't see him walking in after the season has started, then pick up where he has left off.
    Yes, there would be adjustments. There will be adjustment for Carr this year, if we're being honest. Continuity at key positions alone doesn't guaranty success, although I'm sure that's what Mark is betting on considering Gruden's contract.

At the end of the day AR is a better QB than Carr -- and it's not close. We know this. He's played long enough, and through enough roster changes to know that AR is the real deal. In my opinion, if you have a chance to get the reigning MVP and future HOF as your QB without setting your program back a million years, you do it. Dealing with adjustments and everything else is how Gruden earns his fat paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Might as well give RaiderLakersA's the post of the year trophy, no need keeping the competition open any more.

Sounds like our first four games are VS Ravens, @ Pittsburgh, @ Colts, VS Chiefs....yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Sounds like our first four games are VS Ravens, @ Pittsburgh, @ Colts, VS Chiefs....yikes!

Shhhh...if we're not careful someone is going to come along and suggest that having a tough schedule in the first part of the season means we'll have a practical cake walk to the playoffs during the second half of the season when competition is, ahem, "easier." Think we lived that nightmare already.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post

For the love of Barbara Eden's covered belly button that is a daunting stretch of games.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    For the love of Barbara Eden's covered belly button that is a daunting stretch of games.
    Thatís good because the rumors were wrong haha they just announced the schedule and we play VS Miami and @ Chargers instead of colts and chiefs after the Ravens and Steelers.