Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 191 of 211 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3155
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Why would we draft somebody to back up Aaron Rodgers? [emoji3166]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We can't go into the season with Nathan Peterman as our only back-up, can we?

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    We can't go into the season with Nathan Peterman as our only back-up, can we?
    We still have Mariota.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Agree, Especially the Rams deal. That would of been perfect for him and really, Do we know their wasn't a offer for Rodgers then too. And some of that is causing a disconnect as well.

I don't know or care.. I like Carr... But, I think Rodgers can beat Mahommes 3 times a year lol. Even if we only have a top 20 defense. So ill take the 3+ years of Rodgers...

As far as picks, I know the talking heads think its gonna cost a bunch of 1s. But Carr is worth a 1 maybe 2 in a trade.. He is 8 years younger then Arod... And GB is in no position.... He will not play for them. I can see him showing up and just standing their..
    From what I heard on Fox sports radio this week, the Rams did make a push for Rodgers before settling on Stafford.
    Last edited by krsonekth; 05-06-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Why would we draft somebody to back up Aaron Rodgers? [emoji3166]

First it was Watson. Then Wilson. Now Rodgers. Which QB are you going to push next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    First it was Watson. Then Wilson. Now Rodgers. Which QB are you going to push next?
    Anyone that makes our team better.

Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    Anyone that makes our team better.
    According to some that’s anyone other than Carr.

This off season feels like the good, the bad and the ugly to me.

The good is that we seem to have addressed all of our needs with multiple players. We added a previous top 3 pick to our DL. Added an edge rusher. Some high ceiling players on the draft. A vet CB. A top rated FS prospect. We have depth at RB. With improvement from ruggs and Edwards, we’ll be deep there as well. All around our talent has improved and we’ve created competition. If our coaches can do their part, we should be ok.

The bad is that’s a big if. This defense has underperformed with good players coming here and not playing up to their abilities or even their previous production levels. And as for the draft, we’ve been constantly reaching with disappointing results. A reach that overperforns is a GM with an eye for talent. Reaches that keep underperforming is a GMs path to unemployment.

The ugly is our schedule. Our division is tough. We’re currently projected to finish 4th in our division based on vegas odds. If Denver gets Rogers, the outlook will be worse. And looking at our opponents this year, I don’t see any team that really took a step back. A few of them actually took big steps to be contenders.

So we’re really going to have to come out strong and stay healthy. I feel like we might not have much elite talent. But we do have depth and young players ready to break out.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    This off season feels like the good, the bad and the ugly to me.

The good is that we seem to have addressed all of our needs with multiple players. We added a previous top 3 pick to our DL. Added an edge rusher. Some high ceiling players on the draft. A vet CB. A top rated FS prospect. We have depth at RB. With improvement from ruggs and Edwards, we’ll be deep there as well. All around our talent has improved and we’ve created competition. If our coaches can do their part, we should be ok.

The bad is that’s a big if. This defense has underperformed with good players coming here and not playing up to their abilities or even their previous production levels. And as for the draft, we’ve been constantly reaching with disappointing results. A reach that overperforns is a GM with an eye for talent. Reaches that keep underperforming is a GMs path to unemployment.

The ugly is our schedule. Our division is tough. We’re currently projected to finish 4th in our division based on vegas odds. If Denver gets Rogers, the outlook will be worse. And looking at our opponents this year, I don’t see any team that really took a step back. A few of them actually took big steps to be contenders.

So we’re really going to have to come out strong and stay healthy. I feel like we might not have much elite talent. But we do have depth and young players ready to break out.
    The biggest key imo is Gus Bradley. We need new energy there and hopefully he is the guy. With more pressure on the QB, our DB's has to improve.
    Dogdaddy

I can't think of the LBer name, I could look it up. He was signed mid season from Washington...

He said Paul Guenther had no communication skills, And he didn't have any game plans installed for each game. He said he could see how hard it be for a rookie to learn or develop under PG cause he as a veteran was confused.

The guys we brought in as LB and DB coaches are very good teachers, With a guy that is big on technique and practice. I see this defense doing a 180 turn around

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Cmon on switch you me better then this...you know it will all circle back to Hundley[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Raiders 2021 Offeseason Discussion: Free Agency, Coaching Staff, Cuts, Etc

The NFL announced each teams minicamp and OTA dates for the offseason, below are the Raiders:

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    I can't think of the LBer name, I could look it up. He was signed mid season from Washington...

He said Paul Guenther had no communication skills, And he didn't have any game plans installed for each game. He said he could see how hard it be for a rookie to learn or develop under PG cause he as a veteran was confused.

The guys we brought in as LB and DB coaches are very good teachers, With a guy that is big on technique and practice. I see this defense doing a 180 turn around
    Without being in the locker room, I'm not going to place the blame entirely on him, He's been a D coach for quite a while, and now is with the Vikings whose HC is a defensive guru.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Without being in the locker room, I'm not going to place the blame entirely on him, He's been a D coach for quite a while, and now is with the Vikings whose HC is a defensive guru.
    Was that Perry Riley Jr? He was good if that was him, especially compared to what we had. Other guy we got was Will Compton. They both played pretty well for us, in different years.

Former Raiders linebacker Will Compton played for Paul Guenther last year and he believes his former team made a good decision when they fired Guenther.

According to Compton, who talked about his time with the Raiders on his Bussin’ With The Boys podcast, Guenther was a likable person, but was not a great teacher, not the best game-planner, and played the ‘blame game’ too many times when things weren’t going well.

These were Compton’s words on his former defensive coordinator…

On Guenther’s tendency to blame others…

“I will say it was interesting being there at times. When I was taking Tahir’s [Whitehead] job, you felt like they were throwing Tahir under the bus a little bit. And being a player that was in those meetings, during the game, understanding how the headset works and all that stuff, there would be blame pushed around that you just hate seeing because you don’t want to be playing the blame game in the middle of the year.”

On Guenther’s qualities as a coach…

“What you want to see in a coach is somebody who can coach, someone who can teach game plans, who can help players understand why you are building a scheme in the first place. You want to be able to inspire your athletes. You want to be relatable to guys. You want to be optimistic. You want to be somebody that you know when you go in is going to have a good attitude because you’re all going to figure it out together. You want a coach that when bad stuff happens that you see take blame. I don’t want to get into too much, but in my opinion [Paul Guenther] didn’t check a lot of those boxes.”

On Guenther’s preparation through the week…

“There would be times where the communication would be off kilter, there would be a jam in the middle of communicating throughout the week. There was a lot of stuff you didn’t understand why we did things. An entire game plan was open on game day, whether or not you worked on it in the week. I remember sitting there, I was on Facetime with my fiancé and I was gearing up to play, I want to say it was my first start and, again, I’m still trying to catch up to a lot of stuff and I’m sitting there going over our third down plan and I’m like we’ve got about 25-30 calls on just third down defense. Which is a lot for a defense because you only have so many plays you can run during the week. When you are game planning and practicing, you have about 30-ish plays that you run during practice. Fifteen of those you might be working on third down on Thursday. One day a week you are working on specifically third down, you tie it all together on Friday and Saturday you do a couple plays, but to get through a lot of the game planning it would be hard because you run a lot of the new calls and stuff and then when you get in the game, the entire book was open. It was like a Madden playbook… there was just a lot going on.”

On Guenther’s hot seat status a year ago…

“I will say he was on the hot seat a little bit last year. The defense ended up communicating and playing well at the end of the year… but we played well at the end of the year and I think it saved him a little bit because I do think he was on the hot seat last year.”

More than anything, Guenther’s defenses were consistently among the worst in the NFL. By plenty of metrics his defense was the worst in the league this year… and those metrics speak louder than any quote from a former player.