Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 197 of 197 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197
Results 2,941 to 2,953 of 2953
    Do you really think Gruden is going to let Rogers have a say in how the team is run?

PFF@PFF
    Maxx Crosby: 93 total pressures over the last two seasons

Leads the 2019 NFL Draft class

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Do you really think Gruden is going to let Rogers have a say in how the team is run?
    That is not Rodgersí sticking point. He isnít asking to be some kind of de facto GM, he is upset with GB front office for their mishandling of the roster and trading up for a project QB that will eventually replace him, instead of taking someone that can help them win right away.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    But heís under contract, he canít just leave because Green Bay ďownsĒ him. I know he signed the contract, and thatís a whole other debate, but I think nothing would make him happier than just leaving.
    Sure the contractual thing puts a different angle on it but he most certainly could just leave. It most certainly would have him be unavailable to another team until the end of said contract.

Oh the toughness of ďbusiness decisionsĒ.

I understand the context of contracts as it pertains to the NFL and employment in the league. Just as some are willing to accept Rogersí ability to exert pressure and influence the FO in GB I quite simply am not, I believe it crosses the line of power that an employee should have under the circumstances....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    That is not Rodgersí sticking point. He isnít asking to be some kind of de facto GM, he is upset with GB front office for their mishandling of the roster and trading up for a project QB that will eventually replace him, instead of taking someone that can help them win right away.
    And he wants the GM fired because of that decision, he is most definitely able to criticize here, but not to circumvent that authority...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Isnít the point of football to win a championship? GB came within 5 points of beating TB to go to the super bowl.

Doesnít it stand to reason that adding a first round WR... or any other position for that matter- could have made the difference? Look at the weapons brady needed to revive his career. Iím sure getting beat by brady, a d hearing all the goat talk, is probably pissing him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Correct and the fact they don't add Free Agents all that often, Getting someone that can contribute is huge. He is looking at it as they are taking care of them what is the problem with AROD looking after himself...

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I do. But there is a difference between input and final say.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Stone Age? What are you implying?
    Ha, ha! Nothing untoward. I can't talk about anyone getting old. My mirror, occasional senior moments, slight changes in vision, hair growing in places I didn't think it could grow and random new aches and pains just rolling out of bed remind me of that every week. I don't know whose idea it was for us to get old, but this is some bull****!

It's just that sadly there are still companies out there with employment models that heavily regulate staff. My cousin recently just quit a job because his supervisor was the type that determined when they could take a bathroom break. Not kidding. I didn't think anything like that still existed in America. But overbearing sweatshop-type conditions still exist -- here and abroad. It's really disturbing on many levels.

I'm not saying Rodgers is dealing with anything like that. But at the end of the day, his employment arrangement, no matter how cushy it may be relative to others, nevertheless reflects an imbalance of power with the team holding the most weight. That's gotta grate on anyone with a free mind and free will when you disagree with the direction of management, no matter what they're paying you. Most of us can easily walk away and find a better situation. Not Rodgers. What we're hearing, that cacophony of his discontent, is just him tugging at his shackles.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    PFF@PFF
    Maxx Crosby: 93 total pressures over the last two seasons

Leads the 2019 NFL Draft class
    Maxx has been a pleasant surprise. But brace for the business of football to kick in if he has another solid season this year. I can already hear his agent telling him to threaten to sit out next year if the Raiders don't tear up his rookie contract and give him a nice extension.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Isnít the point of football to win a championship? GB came within 5 points of beating TB to go to the super bowl.

Doesnít it stand to reason that adding a first round WR... or any other position for that matter- could have made the difference? Look at the weapons brady needed to revive his career. Iím sure getting beat by brady, a d hearing all the goat talk, is probably pissing him off.
    I hear that argument often. Adams to me is one of the best wide receivers in the league, 18 touchdowns in 14 games last season. I would think that alone would trump any first round receiver. Traditionally, the Pack have had above average receivers even though they were not first rounders. They've had good running backs, very good tight ends, and their line was good. They have had all of the ingredients to win.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Ha, ha! Nothing untoward. I can't talk about anyone getting old. My mirror, occasional senior moments, slight changes in vision, hair growing in places I didn't think it could grow and random new aches and pains just rolling out of bed remind me of that every week. I don't know whose idea it was for us to get old, but this is some bull****!

It's just that sadly there are still companies out there with employment models that heavily regulate staff. My cousin recently just quit a job because his supervisor was the type that determined when they could take a bathroom break. Not kidding. I didn't think anything like that still existed in America. But overbearing sweatshop-type conditions still exist -- here and abroad. It's really disturbing on many levels.

I'm not saying Rodgers is dealing with anything like that. But at the end of the day, his employment arrangement, no matter how cushy it may be relative to others, nevertheless reflects an imbalance of power with the team holding the most weight. That's gotta grate on anyone with a free mind and free will when you disagree with the direction of management, no matter what they're paying you. Most of us can easily walk away and find a better situation. Not Rodgers. What we're hearing, that cacophony of his discontent, is just him tugging at his shackles.
    We must buy our mirrors at the same store. Getting older sucks LOL

I do get the point and that bathroom break thing is BS, hard to believe it exists.

I wouldn't use the term shackles, he is there of his own free will, he is well compensated, he is unhappy...not everyone is happy where they work. Things change, decisions are made at higher levels that cause confusion or anger, but there should be an imbalance of power. Ownership and the NFL is the overhead, the players are the employees, the union is made up of and represents the players. The Union is the players' source of power and THAT is who should deal with situations if and only if the player and leaders can't come to an accord.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    We must buy our mirrors at the same store. Getting older sucks LOL

I do get the point and that bathroom break thing is BS, hard to believe it exists.

I wouldn't use the term shackles, he is there of his own free will, he is well compensated, he is unhappy...not everyone is happy where they work. Things change, decisions are made at higher levels that cause confusion or anger, but there should be an imbalance of power. Ownership and the NFL is the overhead, the players are the employees, the union is made up of and represents the players. The Union is the players' source of power and THAT is who should deal with situations if and only if the player and leaders can't come to an accord.
    Perhaps in an ideal world you'd be right. But then again, we are talking about a league that quashed what they knew about concussions and the damage it was causing for years. They have absolutely ZERO regard for players as anything but completely disposable assets.

It's fine to talk about love of the game and all, but I can't bring myself to care all that much about proper employee-employer power structure, when that same employer literally does not care if the player croaks the day after he ceases to be useful.

Maybe it'd be better if it were handled behind closed doors, but how many times have teams leaked **** about some player they are having an issue with? Is it okay just because they write the paychecks?