Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 172 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    This is how I look at it, Gruden built the 2000 's Raiders, Yes with the help of AL, But he built the team that went to the superbowl.
    Considering how much Gruden complained about not having any real power when it came to personnel decisions and the draft, I think it's a stretch to say that Gruden "built" the Raiders. Al called the shots, Gruden just happened to be in the room when Al was calling them. Proof? Do you think Gruden drafts Jano in the first round of the 2000 draft, knowing damn well the team needed more than a kicker to be successful? Of course not.

Let's not give Gruden credit for something he didn't do. If you want to give Gru credit for something, credit him for convincing Al to sign Gannon. That's it. Fortunately for the Raiders, it was undoubtedly the biggest contribution of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    3 years into a rebuild and armed with a kings ransom of high draft picks, and were still a bottom 3 defense with little hope in sight. The offense is vastly improved but not good enough to carry the load and cover for the other side of the ball. Barring a Gus Bradley miracle, which I wont hold my breath for, we are staring another season of 8 maybe 9 wins.
    Exactly how i feel. It shouldn't take 5yrs to rebuild. You have to surround yourself with smart ppl. Remember when AL died and Mark took over the team. He leaned on smart ppl. What happend to that way of thinking? Gru needs to stop calling plays if he's gonna play GM. If he stops playing GM then he can call plays. He shouldn't be the OC/HC/GM. Too much responsibility.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

LDE Melvin Ingram
    LDT Adam Butler
    RDT Alim Mcneill
    RDE Maxx Crosby
    WLB Corey Littleton
    MLB Nick Kwiatoski
    SLB Jeremiah owusu-koramoah
    LCB Trayvon Mullen
    SS Johnathan Abram
    FS Malik Hooker
    RCB Richard Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Considering how much Gruden complained about not having any real power when it came to personnel decisions and the draft, I think it's a stretch to say that Gruden "built" the Raiders. Al called the shots, Gruden just happened to be in the room when Al was calling them. Proof? Do you think Gruden drafts Jano in the first round of the 2000 draft, knowing damn well the team needed more than a kicker to be successful? Of course not.
    To be fair, the year before we lost somewhere between 2-4 games because of missed kicks. To some extent, stabilizing the kicking game via drafting Jano probably accounted for at least 2-3 extra wins in going from 8-8 to 12-4 just by virtue of not missing the routine stuff.

That said, the same thing could have been accomplished by signing a decent veteran kicker, and using the 1st rounder on a different position.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    We will barely be in 3 lb sets, Littleton will be better under Bradley and Nick is as good as it gets, IMO.. Money talks anyways with all these FA's... JJ, IMO, Not worth it. We can attract a Leonard Williams no problem, I think their are plenty of players that respect Gruden and Mayock, All this talk of them not being good is media hype. Click bait. And cause some of you hear it from some no name reporter on ESPN, Its Golden. Gruden is good, And maybe he be better if he let others have more control. I would like him to bring his brother in and run the offense. And John be more involved in the whole team.

Hankins is garbage, Indy cut him cause he was lazy... Just cause he was our best means nothing cause we sucked... The DTs on this team need to be replaced... And im on the fence with Mo.. Really I wouldn't lose sleep if we cleaned the house at that position.
    Actually Bradley runs the same d wherever he goes. Most of the time cover 3. Which means 3 lbs 70 percent of the time.

Our mlb will be kwaitkoski and he will be shaded toward te or strong.

One olbs will be outside hip of ots. One strong and one weak for flats and curls. We have one that will do well in his zone(Littleton). We need another for slb. Slb will sub with slot corner.

Then ss comes down with kwaitkoski(abram).

Fs will be on an island deep. We dont have this. If we dont get a good one, we will give up big plays.

Cover 3 is usually vulnerable in the flats and routes like post corners. Or two deep corner routes. Brady kills cover 3 on flats.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    LDE Melvin Ingram
    LDT Adam Butler
    RDT Alim Mcneill
    RDE Maxx Crosby
    WLB Corey Littleton
    MLB Nick Kwiatoski
    SLB Jeremiah owusu-koramoah
    LCB Trayvon Mullen
    SS Johnathan Abram
    FS Malik Hooker
    RCB Richard Sherman
    I cant believe people want owusu. Hes another bust. Teams will run right at him. We already have three people on our roster just like him. Javin white is better IMO. We already have muse and abram. Owusu is overhyped due to the fact he was considered a 3rd round pick at the end of the season and without playing one more snap he magically went to a second two weeks later and now hes a first rounder????

We just resigned David Irving. Btw

I like David Irving a lot and he is a very good rotational athlete and had some nice film last season, but he should only be looked at as a rotational player in my opinion much like Maurice Hurst.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I cant believe people want owusu. Hes another bust. Teams will run right at him. We already have three people on our roster just like him. Javin white is better IMO. We already have muse and abram. Owusu is overhyped due to the fact he was considered a 3rd round pick at the end of the season and without playing one more snap he magically went to a second two weeks later and now hes a first rounder????

We just resigned David Irving. Btw
    Muse and white are special teamers.
    2019 NFL MOCK DRAFT!!!
    Pick #4 Josh allen edge rusher kentucky
    Pick #24 deandre baker cornerback georgia
    Pick #27 noah fant tight end iowa
    Pick #35 mack wilson ilb alabama

Tony "el cucuy" ferguson

Safety Tre Boston has been released by the panthers. He could be a cheaper alternative then other mentioned. Especially if we invest heavily in the front 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Safety Tre Boston has been released by the panthers. He could be a cheaper alternative then other mentioned. Especially if we invest heavily in the front 7.

Tre Boston also has played for Gus Bradley with the Chargers in 17.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Good point.

Howd he look under Gus?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Howd he look under Gus?
    When watching some videos on Gus's defense one of the examples they talked about was Tre Boston. At the start of the season Tre struggled, then Gus starting calling coverages that better fit the players he had and Boston did much better. Boston is a descent Safety. Nothing to write home about but a guy you dont mind having starting. Gus knows how to play him to get the most out of him which is nice. A descent option if you want a cheaper safety option.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Actually Bradley runs the same d wherever he goes. Most of the time cover 3. Which means 3 lbs 70 percent of the time.

Our mlb will be kwaitkoski and he will be shaded toward te or strong.

One olbs will be outside hip of ots. One strong and one weak for flats and curls. We have one that will do well in his zone(Littleton). We need another for slb. Slb will sub with slot corner.

Then ss comes down with kwaitkoski(abram).

Fs will be on an island deep. We dont have this. If we dont get a good one, we will give up big plays.

Cover 3 is usually vulnerable in the flats and routes like post corners. Or two deep corner routes. Brady kills cover 3 on flats.
    SS and WLB is very important to recognition and getting to the flat responsibility quickly. The other component is that the defense has to show Cover 4 but drop into Cover 3 and this could be a bluff when a team runs 4 verticals against an expected Cover 3 but remain in Cover 4.

When watching some videos on Gus's defense one of the examples they talked about was Tre Boston. At the start of the season Tre struggled, then Gus starting calling coverages that better fit the players he had and Boston did much better. Boston is a descent Safety. Nothing to write home about but a guy you dont mind having starting. Gus knows how to play him to get the most out of him which is nice. A descent option if you want a cheaper safety option.
    Makes sense its logical. Id like to get top FS as it seems to be instrumental to his defense but not a bad back up to target. I wonder if theyll give Joyner a shot there.

Really interested to see how we approach this off-season. We have to makes some cuts or restructures. Then what we target in FA and draft.