Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 172 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    The good players want to go to the good teams. That's why the Raiders are very seldom in the conversation. They are a 7-9 team that went 8-8 last year. This team is loaded with problems starting with lousy management. Same ole off season here again.
    Come on Rubi! The season hasn't officially started yet and you are already pessimistic??? At least wait until after the horrible drafting and meh FA signings before accepting the inevitable!

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Nailed it, And I don't see us going LB in FA or draft, unless it's a late round pick. We are deep at LB and with Nick and Littleton we are set with the depth we have. We have to get 2 safeties, Safeties that can cover, I also feel we need 2 DTs... I think it is a position we should wipe clean, I think Hankins is garbage. Just my opinion. Baremore and a FA. We will be mostly in a 4-2-5... Abram will be that middle SS/LB
    Were deep at LB? Hopefully Littleton turns things around under Bradley, but Nick is the only solid player at the LB position. Morrow is an FA McMillian is an FA too.

Hankins is garbage? He was our best DT all season. WAY better than Hurst or Collins (now he is some garbage)

I see things differently

I agree we need DT's, but as stated many times no one worthwhile is coming to the Raiders, so if we don't draft them we have to make do with 2nd & 3rd tier talent unless we trade for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Shred, at this point in the draft we might as well grab Asante Samuel.
    I see Samuel going in the first / early second; Holland is mid to late second.

I love versatility. Holland offers safety and CB play. I really like that.

NFL informed teams today the salary cap this season will be a minimum of $180 million.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...03838054006784

We will barely be in 3 lb sets, Littleton will be better under Bradley and Nick is as good as it gets, IMO.. Money talks anyways with all these FA's... JJ, IMO, Not worth it. We can attract a Leonard Williams no problem, I think their are plenty of players that respect Gruden and Mayock, All this talk of them not being good is media hype. Click bait. And cause some of you hear it from some no name reporter on ESPN, Its Golden. Gruden is good, And maybe he be better if he let others have more control. I would like him to bring his brother in and run the offense. And John be more involved in the whole team.

Hankins is garbage, Indy cut him cause he was lazy... Just cause he was our best means nothing cause we sucked... The DTs on this team need to be replaced... And im on the fence with Mo.. Really I wouldn't lose sleep if we cleaned the house at that position.

Gruden is 64-80 since winning a ring with another man's team. He's on the wrong side of mediocre. If the media has done anything for him, its been to buoy his reputation with zero substance behind it.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Gruden is 64-80 since winning a ring with another man's team. He's on the wrong side of mediocre. If the media has done anything for him, its been to buoy his reputation with zero substance behind it.

-Stork
    Though I mostly agree, I distinctly recall the hand wringing when Bill Belichick was hired. When Bledsoe got hurt, there was a general countdown to the next coaching search in New England.

The Raider defense is trash. If the defense were better, Gruden has 2 playoff runs already.

*ETA - Just to elaborate, Belichick had a losing record pre-Brady. Gruden would have 2 playoff seasons with an improved defense. There's not a huge gap between success and failure. The Raiders are pretty close.
    Last edited by Shred003; 02-18-2021 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    We run a cover three now. It takes a top FS to do so. That means the fs is on an island all by himself. He is the number 4 ranked s out there by pff and a 90 ranked cover guy, who is the best cover safety out there. So yes he is a prize.

Watt, L Williams and Barrett are not realistic pickups this offseason.
    Watt wants to play with a top defense. And openly wants to either play for bills, browns or play with his brother. Leonard Williams wants to return to the giants but is interested to play for the browns. And Barrett stated he wants to “break the bank!!”.
    I understand the significant need of a good FS in a cover 3. #4 ranked on the Saints. We don't have the Saints defense. You put him on the Raiders and he will easily be near the bottom ranked with our current DL. MW is fortunate to have played behind a good DL. Now he will get paid

So in other words you're saying to try our current DL again? Lol. You need to show free agents the money and they will come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I understand the significant need of a good FS in a cover 3. #4 ranked on the Saints. We don't have the Saints defense. You put him on the Raiders and he will easily be near the bottom ranked with our current DL. MW is fortunate to have played behind a good DL. Now he will get paid

So in other words you're saying to try our current DL again? Lol. You need to show free agents the money and they will come.
    I think he’s been saying DT and S are the biggest need.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Though I mostly agree, I distinctly recall the hand wringing when Bill Belichick was hired. When Bledsoe got hurt, there was a general countdown to the next coaching search in New England.

The Raider defense is trash. If the defense were better, Gruden has 2 playoff runs already.

*ETA - Just to elaborate, Belichick had a losing record pre-Brady. Gruden would have 2 playoff seasons with an improved defense. There's not a huge gap between success and failure. The Raiders are pretty close.
    Relativity is meaningless when you include woulds and coulds, ifs and buts.

Gruden has been a trainwreck. However, you must feel strongly about Gruden to compare him to an all-time great and an extreme outlier in terms of career trajectory. We'll obviously see what we see. I expect more of the same. Maybe 9 wins if we get lucky.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Gruden is a big reason why this defense is so bad. Not sure why anybody would give him a pass, on the worse defense in Raider history.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Relativity is meaningless when you include woulds and coulds, ifs and buts.

Gruden has been a trainwreck. However, you must feel strongly about Gruden to compare him to an all-time great and an extreme outlier in terms of career trajectory. We'll obviously see what we see. I expect more of the same. Maybe 9 wins if we get lucky.

-Stork
    Context matters.

Belichick has a record of 23-25 with zero playoff appearances without Brady as his starter in New England.

We know Belichick is great. We've seen that, but we've also seen him lose games, Superbowl's, etc.

It is what it is. A better FS and an interior pass rush and the Raiders are in the playoffs. Can they do anything once they get there? Unclear, but unlikely.

3 years into a rebuild and armed with a kings ransom of high draft picks, and we’re still a bottom 3 defense with little hope in sight. The offense is vastly improved but not good enough to carry the load and cover for the other side of the ball. Barring a Gus Bradley miracle, which I won’t hold my breath for, we are staring another season of 8 maybe 9 wins.

This is how I look at it, Gruden built the 2000 's Raiders, Yes with the help of AL, But he built the team that went to the superbowl... He has built this team that had us in a playoff hunt. Maybe 3 years is a bit long, Either way I like where I think this team can go in the next year or two... I am not ready to blow it up, And start going 4-12 every year over and over.. I give him 2 more years to get us into being a strong team offensively and defensively.

https://twitter.com/Raiders/status/1362512877735735298

We have re-signed free agent DL David Irving.