Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 168 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I think youíre on the right path...I donít think we should use a first on a tackle though. But replacing Brown with a cheaper version that actually plays is a huge priority this offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Tackle FA market is weak as hell. Maybe we trade down and take one or trade up in the 2nd to get one. This is a really good tackle class and I think we need to take advantage of that.

Iíd almost always suggest trading down to pick up as many picks in 2-3 range as humanly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Iíd almost always suggest trading down to pick up as many picks in 2-3 range as humanly possible.
    Agreed.

I feel players like McNeil, Basham, Nixon, Holland, Moses, etc, will be there in the 2nd, and they'll all be really good professional players.

There are no "impact" players, so why not trade down and stock up on cheaper, solid contributors?

Our needs are:

#1-DT Behind every good 4-3 defense there's a legit 3 tech that can give some inside push.

Leonard williams is pretty obvious our #1 target or at least should be.The guy had 11.5 sacks,nough said.

Suh would be nice too but he is getting older.

Adam butler from the patriots is a decent option but you already know many patriot players don't do well elsewhere.

Davlin tomlinson is a 1 tech but has enough wiggle to get pressure.If we get him I'd still expect a 3 tech either through the draft or free agency or both.

Shelby harris is a good 3 tech but obviously not close to being williams caliber.

#2-DE Besides maxx we have absolutely no one on the edge that can rush the quarterback and as much as I like ferrell he's more of a runstopper.

Melvin ingram is familiar with bradley so he might be our #1 option and barring injuries he would be an upgrade over ferrell.

Yannick ngakoue is another speedy edge rusher that can play the leo position and is also familiar with gus system.

I don't see shaquil barrett as an option tbh,I think he'll be a buccaneer again somehow.

Leonard floyd would come in and fit that leo role but he's a little on the lanky side,still a beast though.

Bud Dupree is also an option but not as fast as the others however he'd still be an improvement over ferrell imo.

#3-S I'm just tired of seeing Erik harris honestly and there's so many safeties that can come in and do a better job.I know marcus williams is at the top of the food chain here but I just hope we don't overspend at this position.

Malik hooker,Marcus maye,taushan gipson,and reyshaun Jenkins should be on our radar.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMackin View Post
    The Tackle FA market is weak as hell. Maybe we trade down and take one or trade up in the 2nd to get one. This is a really good tackle class and I think we need to take advantage of that.
    I disagree. The OT market is way better than options in the draft. In the draft you have Sewell and Slater. Thatís about it. Most ots in this draft will be bumped to og.

FAs that are better are Trent Williams, Moton, Villanueva, Okung, Daryl Williams are all good options for us.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    Our needs are:

#1-DT Behind every good 4-3 defense there's a legit 3 tech that can give some inside push.

Leonard williams is pretty obvious our #1 target or at least should be.The guy had 11.5 sacks,nough said.

Adam butler from the patriots is a decent option but you already know many patriot players don't do well elsewhere.

Davlin tomlinson is a 1 tech but has enough wiggle to get pressure.If we get him I'd still expect a 3 tech either through the draft or free agency or both.

Shelby harris is a good 3 tech but obviously not close to being williams caliber.

#2-DE Besides maxx we have absolutely no one on the edge that can rush the quarterback and as much as I like ferrell he's more of a runstopper.

Melvin ingram is familiar with bradley so he might be our #1 option and barring injuries he would be an upgrade over ferrell.

Yannick ngakoue is another speedy edge rusher that can play the leo position and is also familiar with gus system.

I don't see shaquil barrett as an option tbh,I think he'll be a buccaneer again somehow.

Leonard floyd would come in and fit that leo role but he's a little on the lanky side,still a beast though.

Bud Dupree is also an option but not as fast as the others however he'd still be an improvement over ferrell imo.

#3-S I'm just tired of seeing Erik harris honestly and there's so many safeties that can come in and do a better job.I know marcus williams is at the top of the food chain here but I just hope we don't overspend at this position.

Malik hooker,Marcus maye,taushan gipson,and reyshaun Jenkins should be on our radar.
    I think number one should be dt. Donít think we will get watt or Leonard Williams. I think it will be Barmore. Harris might be another realistic option.

I cannot stress how important the FS is in the cover 3 that we will run. The fs will be alone. Ss will spend most of the time down with the lbs. I think we will fill this with a fa. Like Simmons, Harris, Maye. Maybe draft Holland but thatís a lot on a rookie. I think we will go Marcus Williams. The best cover fs in the nfl. 90 coverage from pff.

Our needs are:

Nice breakdown! As for safety John Johnson is my favorite target. Let's say we don't go big in FA and come away with Melvin Engram and Richard Sherman. How would everyone feel about that?

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    When I meanAgain play Abram at LBer, I mean he is the hybrid SS/Lber in a 4-2-5, I don't feel like he can cover, His strength is covering the RB, In run mostly. He gets burned when it is cover...

TBH. If we could trade him, I would. Before everyone realizes he isn't worth anything.. I get this was his first full year, But he was so bad at coverage I don't think he can go from worst to one of the best. Maybe average. Gruden loves his effort and love for football but that isn't helping us on defense.
    I'll give him another year. Playing safety is difficult enough, let alone playing safety on our D. He needs to harness his energy. He was a rookie last season, so I make some considerations.

Our needs are:

Perhaps our biggest target at Safety should be John Johnson. He'll be a free agent.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Perhaps our biggest target at Safety should be John Johnson. He'll be a free agent.
    Eh,I'm kind of tired of rams players to be honest.
    2019 NFL MOCK DRAFT!!!
    Pick #4 Josh allen edge rusher kentucky
    Pick #24 deandre baker cornerback georgia
    Pick #27 noah fant tight end iowa
    Pick #35 mack wilson ilb alabama

Tony "el cucuy" ferguson

Picking at 17 is kind of crap to be honest but someone should fall.I'm really hoping we load on defense in free agency that way we go bpa.

If darrisaw falls to us it will be hard to pass up on him dudes a stud and can solidify the right side for many many years.This draft is loaded in OL talent.

Trade down with the steelers at 24 and get there 2nd round pick.At 24 we could take barmore or we could take wyatt davis OG ohio state.

We'd still have 2 2nds,3rd,and 4th to load up on defense and the defensive tackle class is going to fall honestly which is good for us.Let mayock find something in the 4th round lol.

Trade down with the steelers at 24 and get there 2nd round pick.At 24 we could take barmore or we could take wyatt davis OG ohio state.
    A 2nd rounder seems a steep ask for a team to move up only 7 spots from late to mid 1st. The dropoff in talent between 17 and 24 is not usually that big is it?

Our needs are:

What about Michael Brocker from the Rams? he could bring in some added energy at the DT position at a reasonable cost.

Iím 90% sure the Raiders arenít moving on from Cle in Ď21. Heíll be a full time starter at DE. He was starting to look pretty good before he was hurt at the end of the year, too.

So, DT and FS are the #1 / #2 priority. Get those positions right and the defense improves a lot. Iíd like to see Williams/Williams, but as long as the Raiders find someone who can get penetration at DT, Iíll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    So, DT and FS are the #1 / #2 priority. Get those positions right and the defense improves a lot. Iíd like to see Williams/Williams, but as long as the Raiders find someone who can get penetration at DT, Iíll be happy.
    I'll take pass rush from anywhere. Ideally yes it'd be at DT, but I'll settle for a DE or LB who can get to the QB if that's what's on tap. It just sucks to see even lousy QBs look good against us.

We talk about what a good year DC had, but if you compare opponents' passing numbers against us it looks remarkably similar:

Cmp - Att - Yds - TD - INT
    369 - 551 - 4217 - 28 - 10
    370 - 580 - 4212 - 28 - 10

A difference of 1 completion and 5 yards, same TD and INT numbers. Crazy. I guess the only good news is that our passing game is about as productive against the field as other teams' QBs were against our historically bad defense.