Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    You know whatís funny? We donít even have cap space so nobody can say they are just using us for leverage to get more money from better teams [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thatís funny. Saying people canít say things just because they make no logical sense!

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    Thatís funny. Saying people canít say things just because they make no logical sense!
    Haha very true.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    You know whatís funny? We donít even have cap space so nobody can say they are just using us for leverage to get more money from better teams [emoji23]

Brown, Williams and Mariota are gone, opening up about $37M in cap space. There's a decent change Carr 'extends' with a pay cut in '21 to open up more cap space.

LaMarcus Joyner might get cut or restructured: if cut, add $8M to the cap, if restructured, add ~$4M.

In short: the Raiders can easily open up $40M in cap space for 2021. I expect them to have space.

Now, if they use that space for a wide receiver, I'll be highly upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    In short: the Raiders can easily open up $40M in cap space for 2021. I expect them to have space.

Now, if they use that space for a wide receiver, I'll be highly upset.
    Is "be highly upset" a euphemism for "go nuclear," or, "be completely unsurprised?" Because either kind of works.

I can just picture Mayock and Gruden sitting in a room debating which available WR or CB would have the bigger impact. Not kidding.

The #Raiders plan to release WR Tyrell Williams at the start of the league year next month, per source. Williams missed the entire 2020 season because of a shoulder injury that required surgery, but should be fully healthy in 2-3 weeks. Heís still only 28.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...88820293337093

As expected

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    Is "be highly upset" a euphemism for "go nuclear," or, "be completely unsurprised?" Because either kind of works.

I can just picture Mayock and Gruden sitting in a room debating which available WR or CB would have the bigger impact. Not kidding.
    In fairness, Gruden's first pick was Kolton Miller.

WR and CB won't help this franchise. I would sincerely hope Gruden and Mayock realize that. "Really interested in JuJu" when you already have Nelson Agholor, who had a really strong season, is stupid.

Or, better yet, spend that money on a LB, DT or DE. Hell, all three preferred!

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    https://twitter.com/ThePoniExpress/s...95475385655298

@JohnClaytonNFL says on @937theFan
    that the Raiders are very interested in signing Juju Smith-Schuster.
    Well, if at first you don't succeed with Martavis...

And on the second try you don't succeed with AB...

...then sure, you go after JuJu. Third time's the charm, right?

Remember when we used to be in that New England vortex where we kept trading with New England, or giving away talent to them and coming out on the short end of the deal? Well, this feels a little like that, only it's Pittsburgh.

I get that our mascot only has one good eye, which typically affects depth perception. But does the ****er have tunnel vision, too???

WR and CB won't help this franchise. I would sincerely hope Gruden and Mayock realize that. "Really interested in JuJu" when you already have Nelson Agholor, who had a really strong season, is stupid.
    Like I said in the other thread, my biggest fear is that Gruden will take one look at his offense and figure that if he can only outscore everyone, the Raiders won't need a defense. I have no idea why they're even looking at WR at this point when the market is going to be flooded with them. Good ones, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Well, if at first you don't succeed with Martavis...

And on the second try you don't succeed with AB...

...then sure, you go after JuJu. Third time's the charm, right?

Remember when we used to be in that New England vortex where we kept trading with New England, or giving away talent to them and coming out on the short end of the deal? Well, this feels a little like that, only it's Pittsburgh.

I get that our mascot only has one good eye, which typically affects depth perception. But does the ****er have tunnel vision, too???
    I mean Im not a big fan of signing JuJu but each signing/trade/draft pick needs to be treated independently. Its like saying not to draft players from a particular school because one has busted before for us.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I mean Im not a big fan of signing JuJu but each signing/trade/draft pick needs to be treated independently. Its like saying not to draft players from a particular school because one has busted before for us.
    You're right. Grab someone from Pittsburgh's defense and you won't hear a peep out of me.

In fairness, Gruden's first pick was Kolton Miller.

Or, better yet, spend that money on a LB, DT or DE. Hell, all three preferred!
    We do need to invest in the front seven. I do think we need is a free safety that can cover single high. I read it was important in our new DCs scheme and Abram isn't that guy. Hopefully we fill that through free agency and draft a DE, DT or LB.

Thank you.

People want qbs and wrs. Our d success depends on a good fs. Cover 3 d, you need a very good fs, not just an ok one

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Thank you.

People want qbs and wrs. Our d success depends on a good fs. Cover 3 d, you need a very good fs, not just an ok one
    An elite DT and FS would be perfect. Add a vet CB and weíll be great.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    An elite DT and FS would be perfect. Add a vet CB and weíll be great.
    I agree. This is exactly what I want to see.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1360238944009531399

The #Texans are releasing star JJ Watt, source said.

Dont really see him choosing us but you never know.