Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    So,most of the money goes to the safety position and a 32 year old melvin ingram that is dealing with injuries? Hard pass.

The safety position isn't all that anymore and if we were smart we won't overspend at that position.Melvin I do like but at 32 he's probably not even looking for a big payday plus he's coming off an injury.
    I mean its not perfect but I am a big fan of Williams and think he is someone we will target. The cap is down but the top FAs will still get top money. Jon Johnson and Marcus Maye are two other safeties we could target but not sure they are going to be much cheaper. This is a bad draft to need a safety but this free agency there are some good ones though several will likely be tagged. Part of why I picked Williams was because as I mentioned I do expect him to actually make it to free agency.

Ingram I wasnt really sure how much he would cost. Id be interested in Judon, Ngakoue, or Kerrigan as well depending on cost.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Raiders 2021 Early Mock Offseason

Every year I do one or two complete mock offseasons with cuts, signings, draft, and so on. I do my best to try to be accurate as to what I actually see the team doing but obviously has some bias of my own as well. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

The Raiders finished the 2020 season at 8-8. Plenty of disappointment to go around after another 6-3 start ended in a missed playoff berth. The Raiders need to make some drastic changes if they are going to get into the playoffs next season.

Due to the Pandemic the cap will likely drop for the first time in years. The estimate for this upcoming season is 175M(though some newer reports suggest it could be closer to 185M). The Raiders are currently estimated at 188M in used cap already for next season so cuts will be needed.

Cuts

Tyrell Willaims WR: The Raiders signed Williams with hopes he could be a good WR. Injuries really limited his first two seasons with the Raiders so the Raiders part ways and move on and save 11.6M.

Lamarcus Joyner DB: We could probably debate for hours whether or not Joyner could have been successful if they just played him at safety full time but we will never know. I considered keeping him as he has experience and succeeded under Phillips but the cap opening it too important. 8.7M saved.

Marcus Mariota QB : Having a good back up QB can be important. That said spending 10M on back up is a lot of money especially with how much most other back ups are being paid currently. Save 10.1M *(Some rumors Raiders could trade Mariota as well which would also net the same savings)

Richie Incognito G: Incognito joined the Raiders and had an immediate impact his first year here. Injuries led him to only playing 1 game this year. John Simpson will be taking Incognitos spot this year. Saves 6.35M

Jeff Heath S: Heath had several good games for the Raiders this year but even then he is a replacement level player. Saves 3.15M

Trent Brown T: Now some may say this is obvious but Im really not sure Raiders move on from Brown this offseason. Free agency doesnt really offer an upgrade and do Raiders feel Brandon Parker can replace him. Thats a tough ask. Either way he is gone and saves 14M.

Various bottom of the roster cuts of future contract players signed recently. Saves 9.42M

Resigning

Johnathan Hankins DT( 2 year 6M): Hankins was one of the bright spots in the interior of the defense. Though he may not have the stats to show it, he constantly fought double teams and allowed our other defenders the opportunity to make plays even if they did not often. Hankins is a guy who is easily forgotten by most but makes a difference.

Nathan Peterman(1 year up to 3M) Now this signing is already completed but the exact numbers havent been added yet. My estimate is 1 year 2M with 1M in incentives so only 2M off the cap.

Takkarist McKinley(1 year 3M) McKinley never really got a chance to show off with the Raiders. Raiders bring back McKinley on a reasonable prove it deal.

RFA/ERFA resigning:

Trent Sieg, Daniel Carlson, Dallin Leavitt, and Kendal Vickers. All players will be given contract offers and will be back for the Raiders next season. Estimated total for all 4 will be around 4M.

Potential other resignings:

Denzelle Good: I believe Raiders go Jon Simpson for LG this season. Should Raiders decide they need the veteran at the position or if Raiders decide to part with Gabe Jackson then Good would likely be brought back.

Nicholas Morrow: Morrow improved during the season and is a LB that could fit Bradleys system. He could be brought back at a reasonable price.

Free Agent Signings:

Marcus Williams: Safety (4 Year 52M): Williams is the best safety this off-season who will likely hit the open market. Williams has shown in the NFL to be one of the best safeties in the league. Would pair well with Abrams as Williams plays the deep ball well.

Richard Sherman: CB (1 year 7M): Gruden hinted in a podcast with Sherman recently that he was looking for a vet alpha dog in the secondary. Though Williams is the better player at this point Sherman is the leader our defense needs. Someone who is willing to call out players on their mistakes and keep others accountable.

Melvin Ingram: Edge( 4 year 56M): Bradley brings over a familiar face from the Chargers. Ingram gives a veteran pass rusher who can take pressure off of Ferrell and Crosby.

John Ross: WR (1 year Vet min): Gruden has made it known he wants to create his own version of the Chiefs WR core. After letting Agholor walk in this mock offseason, Raiders replace him with another 1st round bust who can be a deep threat. Maybe Raiders strike hot twice with WR projects.

Tyrell Williams: WR ( 1 year 2M): After being cut Williams options for this season will be limited. I do believe returning to the Raiders on a much smaller contract is something Raiders would be interested in.

NFL Draft

1st round. Raiders start the 1st round by trading up in the draft. Raiders Trade 1st(17), 3rd(80) 3rd 2022 for 1st(11), 5th.

1st(11): Micah Parsons, LB Penn State
    Now I have seen the occasional mock have Parsons fall but I dont see it happening. Moving up and acquiring a top tier talent like Parsons would really bring our front 7 to the next level. Parsons is the best LB in the class and fits in every front. Excels as a blitzing LB while being a great run stuffer. He needs to improve some as a coverage backer but will has the ability to be a complete LB at the next level.

2nd: Daviyon Nixon, DT Iowa
    Nixon is still rare as a DT but as a 3T Nixon has a very strong burst and first step from the interior. Although Baramore is a more complete DT today Nixon has greater upside in my opinion. Nixon would fit well in the interior and could be our primary interior rusher.

4th: Brady Christensen, T BYU
    With cutting Brown Raiders options at RT are limited this season. Parker showed flashes last season but unsure if he can be the long term RT. Brady gives the Raiders competition for him at RT as well as giving the Raiders a swing tackle back up out of whoever loses the RT job.

5th: Chuba Hubbard, RB Oklahoma State
    Raiders need a #2 RB. Hubbard has fallen down draft boards all season and being projected as a 4th/5th guy. Hubbard would pair well with Jacobs and give the Raiders a 1 / 2 punch at RB.

5th: Reed Blankenship, S Middle Tennessee
    Raiders address the open starting S position in free agency but depth is needed.

7th: Sam Ehlinger, QB Texas
    With Mariota gone and Peterman moving to the #2 QB spot Gruden finds his #3 QB he likes to roster. Ehlinger has some NFL tools but never really put it together in college. Maybe with a few years under Gruden he can develop into a reasonable back up QB.

Raiders Roster:

QB: Derek Carr/ Nathan Peterman / Sam Ehlinger
    RB Josh Jacobs / Chuba Hubbard / Jalen Richard
    FB: Alec Ingold
    WR: Henry Ruggs III / John Ross III
    WR: Bryan Edwards / Tyrell Williams / Keelen Doss
    Slot: Hunter Renfrow
    TE: Darren Waller / Foster Moreau / Nick Bowers
    LT: Kolton Miller /
    LG: Jon Simpson / Kamaal Seymour
    C: Rodney Hudson / Andre James
    RG: Gabe Jackson
    RT: Brandon Parker / Brady Christensen

LE: Maxx Crosby / Takkarist McKinley / Arden Key
    DT: Daviyon Nixon / Kendal Vickers
    DT: Maurice Hurst
    NT: Jonathan Hankins
    RE: Melvin Ingram / Clelin Ferrell / Carl Nassib

WLB: Cory Litteton / Tanner Muse
    MLB: Nick Kwiatoski / Javin White
    SLB: Micah Parsons /

CB: Richard Sherman / Keisean Nixon
    CB: Trayvon Mullen / Damon Arnette
    Slot CB: Amik Robertson / Isaiah Johnson

FS: Marcus Williams / Reed Blankenship
    SS: Jonathan Abram / Dallin Leavitt

P: AJ Cole
    K: Daniel Carlson
    LS: Trent Sieg

This puts the roster at 52/53 with 1 spots for a UDFA rookie that will likely make the team. Overall I tried to be realistic in what a full off-season could look like. Feel free to debate all you want. Just wanted to put something together for discussion.
    Nice Hunter Tx

You cant start Brandon Parker anywhere even special teams. Hes weak in so many areas and its public now his confidence is a disaster. Grudens Offense requires a stud RT its not optional Im afraid

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Offensive Tackle Orlando Brown Jr. Showed he can play Left Tackle when Ronnie Stanley got injured. Just 25 Yrs old & due $3.384M in 2021. Ravens are looking to trade Orlando. He would be a good RT. Defensive line and a FS is priority but if we dump Trent we have to solidify our oline.
    He said he is a LT and will only play LT... That being said, He probably means.. I want LT money.

Either way I would take him over our Brown... TB is a head case, Out of shape diva...

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Great. Now you are gonna try pushing him to LV. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Raiders 2021 Early Mock Offseason

Every year I do one or two complete mock offseasons with cuts, signings, draft, and so on. I do my best to try to be accurate as to what I actually see the team doing but obviously has some bias of my own as well. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

The Raiders finished the 2020 season at 8-8. Plenty of disappointment to go around after another 6-3 start ended in a missed playoff berth. The Raiders need to make some drastic changes if they are going to get into the playoffs next season.

Due to the Pandemic the cap will likely drop for the first time in years. The estimate for this upcoming season is 175M(though some newer reports suggest it could be closer to 185M). The Raiders are currently estimated at 188M in used cap already for next season so cuts will be needed.

Cuts

Tyrell Willaims WR: The Raiders signed Williams with hopes he could be a good WR. Injuries really limited his first two seasons with the Raiders so the Raiders part ways and move on and save 11.6M.

Lamarcus Joyner DB: We could probably debate for hours whether or not Joyner could have been successful if they just played him at safety full time but we will never know. I considered keeping him as he has experience and succeeded under Phillips but the cap opening it too important. 8.7M saved.

Marcus Mariota QB : Having a good back up QB can be important. That said spending 10M on back up is a lot of money especially with how much most other back ups are being paid currently. Save 10.1M *(Some rumors Raiders could trade Mariota as well which would also net the same savings)

Richie Incognito G: Incognito joined the Raiders and had an immediate impact his first year here. Injuries led him to only playing 1 game this year. John Simpson will be taking Incognitos spot this year. Saves 6.35M

Jeff Heath S: Heath had several good games for the Raiders this year but even then he is a replacement level player. Saves 3.15M

Trent Brown T: Now some may say this is obvious but Im really not sure Raiders move on from Brown this offseason. Free agency doesnt really offer an upgrade and do Raiders feel Brandon Parker can replace him. Thats a tough ask. Either way he is gone and saves 14M.

Various bottom of the roster cuts of future contract players signed recently. Saves 9.42M

Resigning

Johnathan Hankins DT( 2 year 6M): Hankins was one of the bright spots in the interior of the defense. Though he may not have the stats to show it, he constantly fought double teams and allowed our other defenders the opportunity to make plays even if they did not often. Hankins is a guy who is easily forgotten by most but makes a difference.

Nathan Peterman(1 year up to 3M) Now this signing is already completed but the exact numbers havent been added yet. My estimate is 1 year 2M with 1M in incentives so only 2M off the cap.

Takkarist McKinley(1 year 3M) McKinley never really got a chance to show off with the Raiders. Raiders bring back McKinley on a reasonable prove it deal.

RFA/ERFA resigning:

Trent Sieg, Daniel Carlson, Dallin Leavitt, and Kendal Vickers. All players will be given contract offers and will be back for the Raiders next season. Estimated total for all 4 will be around 4M.

Potential other resignings:

Denzelle Good: I believe Raiders go Jon Simpson for LG this season. Should Raiders decide they need the veteran at the position or if Raiders decide to part with Gabe Jackson then Good would likely be brought back.

Nicholas Morrow: Morrow improved during the season and is a LB that could fit Bradleys system. He could be brought back at a reasonable price.

Free Agent Signings:

Marcus Williams: Safety (4 Year 52M): Williams is the best safety this off-season who will likely hit the open market. Williams has shown in the NFL to be one of the best safeties in the league. Would pair well with Abrams as Williams plays the deep ball well.

Richard Sherman: CB (1 year 7M): Gruden hinted in a podcast with Sherman recently that he was looking for a vet alpha dog in the secondary. Though Williams is the better player at this point Sherman is the leader our defense needs. Someone who is willing to call out players on their mistakes and keep others accountable.

Melvin Ingram: Edge( 4 year 56M): Bradley brings over a familiar face from the Chargers. Ingram gives a veteran pass rusher who can take pressure off of Ferrell and Crosby.

John Ross: WR (1 year Vet min): Gruden has made it known he wants to create his own version of the Chiefs WR core. After letting Agholor walk in this mock offseason, Raiders replace him with another 1st round bust who can be a deep threat. Maybe Raiders strike hot twice with WR projects.

Tyrell Williams: WR ( 1 year 2M): After being cut Williams options for this season will be limited. I do believe returning to the Raiders on a much smaller contract is something Raiders would be interested in.

NFL Draft

1st round. Raiders start the 1st round by trading up in the draft. Raiders Trade 1st(17), 3rd(80) 3rd 2022 for 1st(11), 5th.

1st(11): Micah Parsons, LB Penn State
    Now I have seen the occasional mock have Parsons fall but I dont see it happening. Moving up and acquiring a top tier talent like Parsons would really bring our front 7 to the next level. Parsons is the best LB in the class and fits in every front. Excels as a blitzing LB while being a great run stuffer. He needs to improve some as a coverage backer but will has the ability to be a complete LB at the next level.

2nd: Daviyon Nixon, DT Iowa
    Nixon is still rare as a DT but as a 3T Nixon has a very strong burst and first step from the interior. Although Baramore is a more complete DT today Nixon has greater upside in my opinion. Nixon would fit well in the interior and could be our primary interior rusher.

4th: Brady Christensen, T BYU
    With cutting Brown Raiders options at RT are limited this season. Parker showed flashes last season but unsure if he can be the long term RT. Brady gives the Raiders competition for him at RT as well as giving the Raiders a swing tackle back up out of whoever loses the RT job.

5th: Chuba Hubbard, RB Oklahoma State
    Raiders need a #2 RB. Hubbard has fallen down draft boards all season and being projected as a 4th/5th guy. Hubbard would pair well with Jacobs and give the Raiders a 1 / 2 punch at RB.

5th: Reed Blankenship, S Middle Tennessee
    Raiders address the open starting S position in free agency but depth is needed.

7th: Sam Ehlinger, QB Texas
    With Mariota gone and Peterman moving to the #2 QB spot Gruden finds his #3 QB he likes to roster. Ehlinger has some NFL tools but never really put it together in college. Maybe with a few years under Gruden he can develop into a reasonable back up QB.

Raiders Roster:

QB: Derek Carr/ Nathan Peterman / Sam Ehlinger
    RB Josh Jacobs / Chuba Hubbard / Jalen Richard
    FB: Alec Ingold
    WR: Henry Ruggs III / John Ross III
    WR: Bryan Edwards / Tyrell Williams / Keelen Doss
    Slot: Hunter Renfrow
    TE: Darren Waller / Foster Moreau / Nick Bowers
    LT: Kolton Miller /
    LG: Jon Simpson / Kamaal Seymour
    C: Rodney Hudson / Andre James
    RG: Gabe Jackson
    RT: Brandon Parker / Brady Christensen

LE: Maxx Crosby / Takkarist McKinley / Arden Key
    DT: Daviyon Nixon / Kendal Vickers
    DT: Maurice Hurst
    NT: Jonathan Hankins
    RE: Melvin Ingram / Clelin Ferrell / Carl Nassib

WLB: Cory Litteton / Tanner Muse
    MLB: Nick Kwiatoski / Javin White
    SLB: Micah Parsons /

CB: Richard Sherman / Keisean Nixon
    CB: Trayvon Mullen / Damon Arnette
    Slot CB: Amik Robertson / Isaiah Johnson

FS: Marcus Williams / Reed Blankenship
    SS: Jonathan Abram / Dallin Leavitt

P: AJ Cole
    K: Daniel Carlson
    LS: Trent Sieg

This puts the roster at 52/53 with 1 spots for a UDFA rookie that will likely make the team. Overall I tried to be realistic in what a full off-season could look like. Feel free to debate all you want. Just wanted to put something together for discussion.

I agree with the cuts you listed. However I don't like their replacements. If we are going into the season with Parker and Simpson starting, it's going to be a long season. Both players are backups and nothing more

Also I'm not sure I would pay Melvin Ingram that kind of money. That is absurd money for an old injury riddled vet
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I agree with the cuts you listed. However I don't like their replacements. If we are going into the season with Parker and Simpson starting, it's going to be a long season. Both players are backups and nothing more

Also I'm not sure I would pay Melvin Ingram that kind of money. That is absurd money for an old injury riddled vet
    I do like Simpson. I think he did better then some give him credit for. Parker very much improved last season. Still not great by any means but if he had to start all next year It wouldnt be awful. That said I do like Christensen the Tackle I drafted in the mock. Even as a 4th rounder I think he could start right away in the NFL.

Yea Melvin Ingram I wasnt sure what his value would be but he is still a talented pass rusher. Whatever a fair price is for him I do think the Raiders will be interested.

Raiders QB Nathan Peterman: 1-year, $1M base salary (guaranteed), $25K workout bonus, max value of $2.775M via incentives.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/statu...73714357739530

1 year 1M with incentives. Should only count 1M against the cap.

Raiders QB Nathan Peterman: 1-year, $1M base salary (guaranteed), $25K workout bonus, max value of $2.775M via incentives.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/statu...73714357739530

1 year 1M with incentives. Should only count 1M against the cap.
    As it should be.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    As it should be.
    Much closer to what the price of a back up should be...as opposed to the 10.5 Mariotta is due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Much closer to what the price of a back up should be...as opposed to the 10.5 Mariotta is due.
    Never got that move. Was it meant to motivate Carr? If so, it certainly worked.

Trade Mariota. Draft Newman. Give him 2-3 years to develop, and then you may have Carr's replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post

Trade Mariota. Draft Newman. Give him 2-3 years to develop, and then you may have Carr's replacement.
    Im ok with a project QB but Id rather that be next year. We have 2 full years remaining of Carr and then we could Tag if needed. Id like to give Bradley what he needs with our top picks. Then when Carr is on 1 year left. If things looking ok draft a QB in February first to sit for a year. Ideally things go perfect and we give Carr another 2-3 years so the kids continues to sit and grow or we have a KC situation. Trade Carr and start the kid.

I do like Simpson. I think he did better then some give him credit for. Parker very much improved last season. Still not great by any means but if he had to start all next year It wouldnt be awful. That said I do like Christensen the Tackle I drafted in the mock. Even as a 4th rounder I think he could start right away in the NFL.

Yea Melvin Ingram I wasnt sure what his value would be but he is still a talented pass rusher. Whatever a fair price is for him I do think the Raiders will be interested.
    Really liked your mock draft. If the Raiders come out of free agency with a safety like Williams and another pass rusher. I would also like to see us trade up for Micah. I think he is the best defensive player in the draft. If not Micah if we could trade back a few spots and get Barmore Id also be pleased. He does need to work on staying lower but boy can he be disruptive. The Irish have a great offensive line and he bullied the hell out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Really liked your mock draft. If the Raiders come out of free agency with a safety like Williams and another pass rusher. I would also like to see us trade up for Micah. I think he is the best defensive player in the draft. If not Micah if we could trade back a few spots and get Barmore Id also be pleased. He does need to work on staying lower but boy can he be disruptive. The Irish have a great offensive line and he bullied the hell out of them.
    Thanks. Yea the Mock isnt meant to be some end all but start a conversation on what a full off-season can look like. A top Safety and a good pass rusher are big wants for me. If I didnt trade up for Micah in the mock I would have traded down some and selected Baramore. I just normally trade down so I liked switching it up to see what a trade up mock would look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports there's "legitimate and real" trade interest involving Raiders QB Marcus Mariota.

Guess that move could be one of the actual smart moves weve made. Wonder what wed get for him...