Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 172 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    this makes a humongous difference in Russel Wilson's potential move... his cap hit is not bad at all. I suppose the Seahawks would be absorbing some of his cap hit as well...

Field Yates
    @FieldYates
    If Russell Wilson were traded, here’s what a new team would owe him:

2021: $19M base salary, $19M cap charge
    2022: $19M base salary, $5M roster bonus, $24M cap charge
    2023: $22M base salary, $5M roster bonus, $27M cap charge

Would be arguably the best veteran value in the NFL.
    12:55 PM · Feb 25, 2021
    He's due a 13M signing bonus each of those years. I'm guessing if traded Seattle will have to pay that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    He's due a 13M signing bonus each of those years. I'm guessing if traded Seattle will have to pay that?
    He signed a 5 year extension back in 2019 with a $65M signing bonus. The signing bonus was paid out over two years. He received $30M of it in 2019 and the other $35M in 2020. Seattle would have to count the remaining $39M prorated signing bonuses against this years cap if they traded him.

In other words Seattle would have a dead cap hit this year of $39M if they traded him versus a $32M cap hit ($19M salary plus $13M signing bonus) if they keep him.

It's a bargain for any team that trades for him but a huge dead cap hit for Seattle if they trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by MackAttack88 View Post
    He signed a 5 year extension back in 2019 with a $65M signing bonus. The signing bonus was paid out over two years. He received $30M of it in 2019 and the other $35M in 2020. Seattle would have to count the remaining $39M prorated signing bonuses against this years cap if they traded him.

In other words Seattle would have a dead cap hit this year of $39M if they traded him versus a $32M cap hit ($19M salary plus $13M signing bonus) if they keep him.

It's a bargain for any team that trades for him but a huge dead cap hit for Seattle if they trade him.
    I guess this means that they'll want something substantial in return. Maybe Carr and a #2 or 1.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I guess this means that they'll want something substantial in return. Maybe Carr and a #2 or 1.
    More like they want 2 firsts carr and a second. Won’t happen

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Seattle would want much more than that. And they'd get it. Maybe not from the Raiders, but from lots of QB hungry teams out there with lots of assets to package in a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Seattle would want much more than that. And they'd get it. Maybe not from the Raiders, but from lots of QB hungry teams out there with lots of assets to package in a deal.
    Yeah, but if they like Carr, that's one BIG hole that will be filled. I would say, if he's on the trading block. Carr is probably the best available. Although, it will be interesting to see how he plays with a crappy Oline, especially he's nowhere as mobile as Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by MackAttack88 View Post

In other words Seattle will make it near impossible to trade for him
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Sounds like JJ Watt has narrowed it down to 3 teams. GB, CLE, and BUF.

Sounds like JJ Watt has narrowed it down to 3 teams. GB, CLE, and BUF.
    Was a false rumor that several bigger reporters ran with. JJ Watt already shot down the rumor this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Was a false rumor that several bigger reporters ran with. JJ Watt already shot down the rumor this morning.
    Just saw that. Maybe we are still in the mix

Just saw that. Maybe we are still in the mix
    The last credible report still listed us in the hunt but who knows.

Well there it is. JJ Watt to Cardinals for 2 year 31M.

Didnt see that coming haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Didnt see that coming haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I dont think anyone saw that coming really.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Well there it is. JJ Watt to Cardinals for 2 year 31M.
    So much for everyone saying he'll sign with a contender