Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 156 of 215 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3213
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    No just the tweet posted.
    Kind of funny. In Hawaii, Vegas is known as "The 9th island"...
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Per the Honolulu Star Advertiser:

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/...gn-with-vegas/
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    My concern is leaving a pivotal position we need filled with a rookie normally does not work out.

Not sure there is a derwin james at 17 or even another DB we can depend on as a starter.

You sprinkle in that we can't draft worth a lick and you have a hole in the Secondary again.

Just too risky if you ask me. We need some veterans to teach Arnette. Mullins and Abram ..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don’t think any position will need a rookie to start. We’re obviously still looking for veteran help. It may not be a high level starter, but someone who can man the position. I wouldn’t rule out a trade either. I could see us trade one of our third or fifth rounders to fill a need.

Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    Has anyone heard any secondary rumors?

Are we moving Isaiah Johnson to FS? Is that why we’re not targeting anyone? A CB?
    Interesting that you mentioned Isaiah Johnson as an option at FS. I have to admit that the thought has crossed my mind over the last year with two young corners seamingly blocking his path to starting at CB. I think that with his size and athleticism he has the physical tools to be a very good FS. I'd still get a veteran to start this season but I think Johnson could flourish at the FS position given the time to learn it.
    Last edited by MackAttack88; 03-23-2021 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Kind of funny. In Hawaii, Vegas is known as "The 9th island"...
    Has an ABC store to prove it

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    Has an ABC store to prove it
    Olrdie-what VFA where you with? I was with VF-1 and later VF-21...

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Olrdie-what VFA where you with? I was with VF-1 and later VF-21...
    VA-304 out of Alameda and VFA-125 out of Lemoore

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Well the belief is that Raiders believe he is a strong starter. Entering final year of his rookie deal. Raiders betting that he is worth more then 4M per season. Similar to what they did with Darren Waller paid him before he officially broke out. Now Wallers deal is very cheap compared to the market. Raiders hoping to strike twice.
    So they paid a guy who didn’t play last year, and barely played the year before a contract better than almost half the league’s starters? Bit premature for me.

Waller had showed a great deal of promise before getting paid and even then, it was a gamble. I think everyone knew he could play if he could figure out how to stay sober.

It would have been nice to take advantage of a cheap starter. Instead, we get to trust in the personnel wizards that run this team.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    So they paid a guy who didn’t play last year, and barely played the year before a contract better than almost half the league’s starters? Bit premature for me.

Waller had showed a great deal of promise before getting paid and even then, it was a gamble. I think everyone knew he could play if he could figure out how to stay sober.

It would have been nice to take advantage of a cheap starter. Instead, we get to trust in the personnel wizards that run this team.

-Stork
    You are right. We are trusting that the Raiders believe Andre James has strong starting talent. There is a gamble to it but if he plays well then we get a cheap starting center. If it doesnt 4M a year for a descent back up center who would still be cuttable is not the worst either. Its a gamble but I dont think its a bad gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

-Stork
    I'm with you. I don't see why we needed to make this move now when there are still holes that need to be filled. Unless Mayock is signaling that we are ramping down FA and while we may pick up a few more pieces, they'll be on the cheap.

Edit: Ironically, when I suggested that Mack's rookie contract should have been torn up two years in and his deal reworked, I vaguely recall several folks pushing back on that idea. Whatever James is, he's not Mack. I realize the dollars involved are different, but same principle.
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 03-23-2021 at 11:29 AM.

I like the gamble on Andre James. Smart if it works out. If not they lose some money which is not a big deal.
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I like the gamble on Andre James. Smart if it works out. If not they lose some money which is not a big deal.
    And... There going to take a big step backwards offensively, because Derek will not do well with a below average center and 2 mediocre guards. The running game may suffer also.

It's a huge risk. Very Ballzy. They must know something we don't.

He’s gonna have to play very well for this to work. That contact gives him the 17th best annual pay and the 19th most guaranteed money amongst centers. He must have **** himself when they slid that contract across the table.

-Stork

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    And... There going to take a big step backwards offensively, because Derek will not do well with a below average center and 2 mediocre guards. The running game may suffer also.

Maybe Gruden feels that he can offensively scheme his way to cover for the potential risks.

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post

Uh oh, you've gone and jinxed it. Every time we thought they knew something we didn't, a maelstrom of utter shock and disappointment ensued.

Although I guess they knew something we didn't when they drafted Cle at 4 ... and signed Agholor as a FA last year.