Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 97 of 215 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3213
    The spending spree will start in earnest in just a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Gunther was bad but in the end itís on Gruden. Heís in charge, he assembles the roster makes the draft picks etc. Our defense is just devoid of high end talent, thatís the problem. We spent 1st round picks on a DE that canít sack the QB and a safety that canít cover. Out of our 11 starters how many true difference makers were there last year?
    I wouldnít say Abrams canít cover. It was more of him not being disciplined. That is why itís extremely important to add a veteran free safety who is elite. Abrams is a in the box safety. If used right he could be very nice piece. What gives me a glimmer of hope is that one play against Carolina were he came up and hammered McCaffrey. Kid has some growing up to do but he showed small signs of difference maker ability. Now Ferrell is a good player but definitely not a difference maker. Pisses me off we had Devin White there for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    So the guy got a broken leg and a backup got the start.

We have had a terrible d for years. It canít be denied or ignored
    I donít believe the Raiders defensive liability has ever been denied or ignored-ever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    I wouldnít say Abrams canít cover. It was more of him not being disciplined. That is why itís extremely important to add a veteran free safety who is elite. Abrams is a in the box safety. If used right he could be very nice piece. What gives me a glimmer of hope is that one play against Carolina were he came up and hammered McCaffrey. Kid has some growing up to do but he showed small signs of difference maker ability. Now Ferrell is a good player but definitely not a difference maker. Pisses me off we had Devin White there for the taking.
    Problem is those plays from Abram are few and far between. And heís susceptible to getting penalties on those big hits. His type of game simply isnít as valuable in todayís league and he should never have been a first round pick. You have to be able to cover, both man and zone. Two safeties taken late in the second round that year, Juan Thornhill and Taylor Rapp, have both performed better due to their coverage abilities and value matters too, their salaries a lot more palatable.

If Brian Dawkins or Troy Polomalu are doing safety camps, that's where Abrams needs to be. Can't send him to either of the Woodsons, because his natural god given ability and instincts don't come anywhere close to Charles or Rod. But Brian or Troy could set him straight and teach him how to be an all-world safety at this level.

Casey Hayward is being cut by the Chargers...another guy who played under Bradley hits the market.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Casey Hayward is being cut by the Chargers...another guy who played under Bradley hits the market.

I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Casey Howard is 32. Would rather have Sherman.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    If Brian Dawkins or Troy Polomalu are doing safety camps, that's where Abrams needs to be. Can't send him to either of the Woodsons, because his natural god given ability and instincts don't come anywhere close to Charles or Rod. But Brian or Troy could set him straight and teach him how to be an all-world safety at this level.
    😂 The guy canít even call a particular fish by itís correct English name

Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post

Sherman Tank

Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post

I would rather have Sherman as well but Sherman is is older then Howard.

Sherm will be a good fit.

I say yes to sherm.

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Sherman would be a vocal leader for our young db's.

If we are targeting someone younger then we should go after Johnson.

Solomon Thomas is a FA too!

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

I'm less interested in names and more interested in intangibles.

Get players who *WANT* to play for the Raiders. Players who want to join a team that's made the playoffs once since 2003 and help them get back to winning.

Richard Sherman is a smart, capable dude and he's a winner. TBH, I'm not sure if he's still a great player, but I do believe in his intangibles.

I know it's cliche, but the Raiders need leadership almost as much as talent. The "Raider Way" was to grab veterans who want to win towards the end of their careers -- I'd like Gruden to utilize that mindset to get some veterans who can provide some leadership.