Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Raiders resign Nathan Peterman. He was set to be a free agent this offseason.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...843114501?s=19

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Trading Carr for sure now...[emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Trading Carr for sure now...[emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol

no idea what we're doing here... this FO is so incompetent... almost 3M for a 3rd string QB when you're gasping for CAP space. it's almost as bad as giving Witten 5Mil for 5 catches on the season. I just don't get how this organization is so inept.

other teams sign a Jameis Winston for $1M, while we spend $3M for Nathan Peterman? wtf... then they'll come out and say we wanted to sign good defensive players, but we didn't have the cap space to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    no idea what we're doing here... this FO is so incompetent... almost 3M for a 3rd string QB when you're gasping for CAP space. it's almost as bad as giving Witten 5Mil for 5 catches on the season. I just don't get how this organization is so inept.

other teams sign a Jameis Winston for $1M, while we spend $3M for Nathan Peterman? wtf... then they'll come out and say we wanted to sign good defensive players, but we didn't have the cap space to do so.
    How much of that counts against the cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    How much of that counts against the cap?
    We dont know yet. Plus up to 3M likely means vet minimum with bonuses for playing time that he wont reach.

I wouldnt be worried about this signing effecting anything cap wise.

We dont know yet. Plus up to 3M likely means vet minimum with bonuses for playing time that he wont reach.

I really hope so. Our team has been known to spend money on a Lambo while the kids are starving.

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    I really hope so. Our team has been known to spend money on a Lambo while the kids are starving.
    That is true but the contract numbers always get put out by agents. Teams dont announce contract numbers via twitter. Sure I could be wrong but Im sure his base salary is min or close to minimum.

Also As Mariota is likely gone this season Peterman is likely the #2 QB this year.

Raiders resign Nathan Peterman. He was set to be a free agent this offseason.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...843114501?s=19

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why are they doing this? Unless Marriota is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Why are they doing this? Unless Marriota is gone.
    Peterman with the Raiders and Buffalo has been called a player coach. Is great at understanding a playbook and helps other players understand the playbook as well. Even if considered the #3 QB again this year they like what he brings to the table.

The cap is an illusion lol. You can make it any way you like, the Rams and saints are known for being up against it every year but they still always keep their players and add new ones...Mahomes record contract was supposed to hamstring them and they still gave huge money to Hill Kelce and Jones....Iíd hardly be fretting about a 1 year contract for a backup qb

That is true but the contract numbers always get put out by agents. Teams dont announce contract numbers via twitter. Sure I could be wrong but Im sure his base salary is min or close to minimum.

Also As Mariota is likely gone this season Peterman is likely the #2 QB this year.
    True. Peterson is the backup now.
    Mariota gone 10.6 mil
    Trent gone 14 mil
    Richie gone 5 mil
    Williams gone 11 mil
    Heath gone 3 mil
    That would clear 43 mil

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    The cap is an illusion lol. You can make it any way you like, the Rams and saints are known for being up against it every year but they still always keep their players and add new ones...Mahomes record contract was supposed to hamstring them and they still gave huge money to Hill Kelce and Jones....Iíd hardly be fretting about a 1 year contract for a backup qb
    Not really, chiefs restructured his deal to where he only has a 25 mil dollar cap hit next year.
    They will probably cut Clark for cap room. 25 mil cap hit. Chiefs are about 9 mil over. They will be fine.

Saints are Actually in trouble next year. They are about 94 mil OVER! No amount of restructuring will help the saints next year. They have to make a lot of cuts.

Philly is about 41 mil over.
    With the new projected adjustment we should be about 9 over. So if we cut brown, Mariota, Williams and Richie, that would make us about 32 under. Add Petersonís contract. That puts us at 29 mil. Plenty of room to help.
    Last edited by Megatron; 02-04-2021 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Not really, chiefs restructured his deal to where he only has a 25 mil dollar cap hit next year.
    They will probably cut Clark for cap room. 25 mil cap hit. Chiefs are about 9 mil over. They will be fine.

Saints are Actually in trouble next year. They are about 94 mil OVER! No amount of restructuring will help the saints next year. They have to make a lot of cuts.

Philly is about 41 mil over.
    With the new projected adjustment we should be about 9 over. So if we cut brown, Mariota, Williams and Richie, that would make us about 32 under. Add Petersonís contract. That puts us at 29 mil. Plenty of room to help.
    And like he said, ďup toĒ $3million rarely means thatís the cap hit.

I think our main targets in FA are Bud Dupree and Justin Simmons/Anthony Harris. Bud could be a good value coming off an injury, no worries about scheme fit because heís a great player. Bradley just coached Ingram for years itíll be the same scenario. Pretty sure we were pursuing Simmons last year before he got franchised, him over that scrub harris would be a huge upgrade.

Itís not a problem. We can clear up to 49 mil if we cut brown, Mariota, Richie, Joyner and Williams.

It looks like the lions are looking at cutting des trufant(prior pro bowler. 30 years old) to clear some cap. Maybe 5-7 mil a year guy.

Another cap cut name I would look at is RT Havenstein. Solid right tackle and would cost about 7 mil a year.

That could clear us up to fill much needed spots through draft and fa like dt, fs and lb.