Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 172 of 196 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2930
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Sheldon Richardson just became available, what say you Raider Nation? Yea or Nay?
    If we get a fa, I hope itís Villanueva, Schwartz or fisher.

They gave up too soon on Hurst whereas Key was playing in the wrong scheme. Like Nassib Key would've been better off if he had been drafted by a 3-4 team. Hurst was the prototypical 3 technique. Had he not been injured he would've proven to be a good player. So who starts now at DT? Solomon Thomas? He was a 1st round bust for the 49ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    The defense played better in the last three games after Guenther was fired.

The players stink, too. That doesn't mean the scheme wasn't terrible -- it was.
    Who brought in the players?

Sheldon Richardson just became available, what say you Raider Nation? Yea or Nay?
    Yes, if we can bring him in at the right figure. But he'll sign elsewhere, likely on a team with better odds of going to the playoffs. Sucks for him that the Browns waited until this late in FA to release him.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Yes, if we can bring him in at the right figure. But he'll sign elsewhere, likely on a team with better odds of going to the playoffs. Sucks for him that the Browns waited until this late in FA to release him.
    Probably end up on the Chiefs or Bucs, they sign everyone.

Probably end up on the Chiefs or Bucs, they sign everyone.
    Yep. I don't know the man, but I suspect he wants to go to a successful franchise. But sometimes vets surprise everyone and sign for other reasons, like location/local roots, family concerns, coaching familiarity, the potential to start or surrounding talent on the team, and, of course, ducats. Not sure Vegas has the inside track on any of those with Sheldon Richardson, but stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Career pressure stats per @football_sis for #Raiders DL Solomon Thomas and recently released Maurice Hurst:

Thomas: 58 pressures, 916 rushes, 6.3% pressure rate, 6 sacks

Hurst: 52 pressures, 668 rushes, 7.8% pressure rate, 8 sacks

You guys are stupid for thinking this was a good move and that it couldn't come sooner. We paid Thomas 5M too. Where as Hurst only cost the minimum. How is this a good move? They have no idea what they are doing.
    Thomas has said he wasn't comfortable in the 49ers system, He said he is going to be playing more like he did in college, so their is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    To be truthful, which I generally am, I was lost faith in Key two years ago and was hoping he'd be cut last year. Sadly, I thought he was going to be somebody.
    Yea same here, And I followed him on IG and he made himself out to be more then he brought

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    If we get a fa, I hope itís Villanueva, Schwartz or fisher.
    I wanted Schwartz so bad 2 or 3 years ago after he was out in cleveland...if he can play and healthy id sign him... But I think they are going to go with Parker and make a decision from their.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Thomas has said he wasn't comfortable in the 49ers system, He said he is going to be playing more like he did in college, so their is that.
    It would be amazing if our system fit better for him and he lived up to the draft hype. Even lived up to first round status. Which is possible. The upside is nice. Still think we could have had hurst and Thomas- not sure why hurst had to go. Must have been a reason though.

Could just be sending a message as well. Also new coaches, Got to remember Gruden does not like defense, He really likes having a guy take care of most of the work and personnel. He messed up hiring Guenther, He had no experience, Good resume but it just didn't work. I'm sure Gus is looking at tape and seeing what he can do with this roster, Could be the delay in the releases as well. I am glad we are bringing guys in and moving on from others that had their chance here. Lets hope its for the better

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    It would be amazing if our system fit better for him and he lived up to the draft hype. Even lived up to first round status. Which is possible. The upside is nice. Still think we could have had hurst and Thomas- not sure why hurst had to go. Must have been a reason though.
    I wonder if Hurst's heart condition limited him in some way? Like the coaches imposed a strict regiment of reduced snap count for fear of overexerting him by accident. I write this thinking of the NBA player who played for 15 years with a different heart condition, but still always with the fear that he could push his heart too far and pay the ultimate cost -- because when it comes to the heart muscle, no one really 100% knows how long it will put up with extreme exertion year in and year out.

https://twitter.com/Raiders/status/1384228867334840323

Time to wear the Silver and Black.

We have signed unrestricted free agent CB Rasul Douglas Ľ http://bit.ly/3gmW6QB

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    https://twitter.com/Raiders/status/1384228867334840323

Time to wear the Silver and Black.

We have signed unrestricted free agent CB Rasul Douglas Ľ http://bit.ly/3gmW6QB
    I have a feeling that quite a few guys who started last year won't this year.

I'd like to see them sign one of the FA LB's that are available. We need at least one more.