Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 161 of 198 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2966
    You have to be careful about who you make rich. Idiots are not good candidates.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

-Stork
    The Raiders probably could have done better than a 5th Rounder if they moved early. To me the 1st game against Carolina had red flags.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    I just want one FS please lol.... Even tell me Sherman is going to switch.
    Sherman is too slow to play FS
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Most FS are slower then Corners that is why they play FS.... Not sure if you knew that or not. Usually corners that are good in Zone get moved to Safety... Woodson is a good example of it

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Most FS are slower then Corners that is why they play FS.... Not sure if you knew that or not. Usually corners that are good in Zone get moved to Safety... Woodson is a good example of it
    Yeah Charles Woodson also had 4.4 wheels
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Sherman is too slow to play FS
    Hes probably a little on the slow side, especially with age. But for one or two years, I think hed be able to fill in. The top S in the draft has a 4.5 40 time. Sherman was a 4.56 40 time. What hes lost with age hed probably make up in with reaction times and instincts. I think he can be solid until whoever we draft gets experience.

Also, adding Sherman would help with the CBs developments as well. Im not a Sherman fan, but he is smart and can probably teach our guys a lot. So his value would be more than just his own production.

This draft has done good safeties in it though, so I definitely want us to draft at least one either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Yeah Charles Woodson also had 4.4 wheels
    I doubt he was still running a 4.4 when he was playing safety for us.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

-Stork
    Judging by some of the owners, there is no shortage of idiots among the wealthy. Makes you wonder why there's so much grief and lament over their football decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    And... There going to take a big step backwards offensively, because Derek will not do well with a below average center and 2 mediocre guards. The running game may suffer also.

It's a huge risk. Very Ballzy. They must know something we don't.
    Our running game has failed last 2 years in crunch situations when playoff opportunities were in sight. Reading all the background stories, stats reviews and game tape analysis looks like Grudens decided its not much of a risk as theres no run game to lose.

The risk is clearly to passing game as both Hudson and Gabe excelled more in that area. Carrs going to have to be on point recognising blitzes no Hudson to cover his misses.

Will our D improve enough to cover any shortfall as thats where weve moved the money.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Trent Brown confirming what we all knew: he wasn't motivated to play for Gruden and the Raiders, for whatever reason.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...d-fit-2314192/
    Its called guaranteed money. The reason

I think between T Brown and A Brown, the Raiders are not going to pay big bux for bad character players anymore. Lessons learned. I'm not saying they won't take a flyer on someone with potential character issues, they just won't open the vault. I have to admit I was excited when we signed T Brown now I'm relieved he no longer is wearing silver and black. They say once a Raider always a Raider. Not him.

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    I doubt he was still running a 4.4 when he was playing safety for us.
    I agree, but he was fast enough to sprint from the middle of the field to intercept a sideline pass from Manning. If Sherm can still do that, they need to hurry up and sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by RC RAIDER View Post
    I think between T Brown and A Brown, the Raiders are not going to pay big bux for bad character players anymore. Lessons learned. I'm not saying they won't take a flyer on someone with potential character issues, they just won't open the vault. I have to admit I was excited when we signed T Brown now I'm relieved he no longer is wearing silver and black. They say once a Raider always a Raider. Not him.
    Mayock is definitely learning a tough lesson when it comes to FA signings. Just goes to show you that anyone who insists that they are a good judge of character are only begging fate to prove them wrong. Between AB and TB, maybe Mayock should just avoid the B's?

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Hes probably a little on the slow side, especially with age. But for one or two years, I think hed be able to fill in. The top S in the draft has a 4.5 40 time. Sherman was a 4.56 40 time. What hes lost with age hed probably make up in with reaction times and instincts. I think he can be solid until whoever we draft gets experience.

Also, adding Sherman would help with the CBs developments as well. Im not a Sherman fan, but he is smart and can probably teach our guys a lot. So his value would be more than just his own production.

This draft has done good safeties in it though, so I definitely want us to draft at least one either way.
    I'm down to add Sherman to this team just not as a starting safety. We lack a veteran in the secondary and his presence would be huge for the young guys. I live in the Bay Area so I get to see a ton of 49er games and Sherm is simply not fast enough period. He is beyond slow. He was burned badly in the SB vs the Chiefs who we face twice a year. Someone brought up Woodson and how he was able to transition to safety but Woodson was one of the fastest CBs in his time and was 5x the athlete Sherman is. Sorry I just don't see it. We need to get faster on defense not the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I agree, but he was fast enough to sprint from the middle of the field to intercept a sideline pass from Manning. If Sherm can still do that, they need to hurry up and sign him.
    Don't forget this play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4xoCRCHJQc