Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 217 of 227 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3395
    Go get him, Mayock.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Moving the Chains, Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller have us in the top 10 on the Oline... Sooo when you say media... I would say to stay away from the networks that are looking for ratings, And listen to guys with knowledge and no bias to selling commercial time.

Hudson was the worst run blocker in the league, And the problem with that is the center on running plays is vital to get to their guy. He was always a over rated center. Jackson and Brown were lazy. I dont see a step back with whoever we run out there. James played well in 2 games the following year.. Paying him now is a gamble, If he plays really well this year then next year it could cost us more.
    Do you have a link to that ranking? Id love to see/hear their reasoning. I think having us at 10 when we have 3 new starters including a rookie RT is a stretch. 10 is probably the ceiling to this group considering the experience levels.

PFF has us at 25. Not sure whos opinion you trust but pretty much every site Ive seen- not just major networks- have us at 20-25.

Again though, the bigger point was that we assume well be closer to that 10th spot you mentioned while Id guess most of us arent as confident in the defensive units. Even a secondary that is filled with high draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Do you have a link to that ranking? Id love to see/hear their reasoning. I think having us at 10 when we have 3 new starters including a rookie RT is a stretch. 10 is probably the ceiling to this group considering the experience levels.

PFF has us at 25. Not sure whos opinion you trust but pretty much every site Ive seen- not just major networks- have us at 20-25.

Again though, the bigger point was that we assume well be closer to that 10th spot you mentioned while Id guess most of us arent as confident in the defensive units. Even a secondary that is filled with high draft picks.
    I've read we are ranked at #20-25 as well.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I've read we are ranked at #20-25 as well.
    Well we were the 24th ranked offensive line last year and that didn't stop us from being a top 10 offense so as long as injuries don't totally devastate us I am not too concerned. I think James will prove to be much better than people expect. The big question for me will be Leatherwood. Hopefully he is decent. He doesn't have to be great. We just need him to be better than Parker.

Ive read that training camp hasnt even started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No link, It was just what they were saying. I am not worried about the line cause DC makes the line look great... The only area he couldn't help it, is the running game. That needed a personnel change.

Pre-season rankings mean nothing. It's all based on what happened last year, and any changes for this year. Many have us in the lower 1/4 of the league, and we're last in our division. That being said, it wasn't the reason why we lost last year. If they perform the same as last year, with a little improvement in the red zone, then I think that's the least of our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MackAttack88 View Post
    Well we were the 24th ranked offensive line last year and that didn't stop us from being a top 10 offense so as long as injuries don't totally devastate us I am not too concerned. I think James will prove to be much better than people expect. The big question for me will be Leatherwood. Hopefully he is decent. He doesn't have to be great. We just need him to be better than Parker.
    I have complete faith in Cable and I have faith in the O-line. We have some pretty good guys stepping in to a group that already has two very good ones. I like Leatherwood and think he is going to be a solid contributor and, like Miller, will get better every year. Most teams fans especially just football fans are often hard pressed to recall the names of every player on the entire line even if they are pretty good, most can only name a couple who are standouts. Not many teams have a line filled with superstar linemen, some of them are just solid players or a little better. I am not worried in the least, but will of course re-evaluate if our boys start floundering.

"...prone to stoogery.".

One week to go

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Raiders View Post
    One week to go
    Rookies start this saturday and then next tuesday as you mention the vets join for training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Rookies start this saturday and then next tuesday as you mention the vets join for training camp.
    Are they at the stadium, inside? It must as hot as heck there.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I believe last year they practiced at 7am to avoid the worst of the heat

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    They are at the training facility in Henderson. As LJ4 stated they usually do practices real early in the morning in addition the indoor field has A/C and supposedly works really well.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    No link, It was just what they were saying. I am not worried about the line cause DC makes the line look great... The only area he couldn't help it, is the running game. That needed a personnel change.
    Weve also seen carr get rattled when the OL wasnt very good. We could be in store for more of that this year. But again, I think most of us are fairly confident in the OL, and Id guess its mostly a result of coaching. Hopefully this year the coaching on defense will have similar results.

I see we only have three exhibition games this year. Or am I wrong?